Print

Author Topic: Musings of a Mushroom  (Read 11816 times)

« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2009, 04:56:55 PM »
Wow, quintuple post. JK.

And hah, Super Mario Kart 2?  I probably have whole notebooks filled with ideas for Mario games, from kart games to platformers to incredibly long, detailed RPGs (one including a list of level-up EXP from level 1 to 100).
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2010, 11:52:49 PM »
I thought I would try and make a stop motion (or is it stopmotion) video. This is the result. I don't think it turned out too bad, but I know there is definite room for improvement.

Constructive criticism is welcome.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2010, 07:03:09 AM »
It looks good, actually.  Next time, try adding more frames and speeding it up.  But you seem to have the basics down.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2010, 04:15:17 PM »
Biggest thing here I would say is try not to have the frames fade into each other, it's kinda weird. Otherwise, pretty good.
No! I don't want that!

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2010, 04:18:40 PM »
I noticed that too. Currently I am only using the movie maker that came with my Flip camera. I think my computer has Movie Maker, but I've been afraid to use it for some reason (what if I mess the movie up somehow, you know?)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2010, 04:23:32 PM »
Also, having your hand in one of the frames is a stop-motion faux pas. Decent work overall, though.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2010, 05:24:03 PM »
Nice work. I actually liked how the frames faded into each other. It made the animation look comical. It would also be best used for dramatic or suspenseful moments. But I agree, to make a better stop-motion animation, you should add more frames. I would suggest watching stop-motion tutorials to see how it's done. Nevertheless, it was a good video.

"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2010, 06:22:08 PM »
I made a ton of stop-motion videos as a kid, but they were all pretty low-tech, even for then.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2011, 11:40:36 PM »
Some nerd that you all know and love made his own super skills video.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2011, 02:26:57 AM »
That's pretty neat! Nice find!
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2011, 08:24:56 AM »
Cool trick.  And it doesn't require extensive set-up, unlike some of the 1-Up tricks in that game.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2011, 02:52:42 PM »
Well, the one I use (Massive Coin Glitch) doesn't take too long and can actually be done with one player, although you'll be forced to experience quite a lot of lag for about a minute or so. When you don't use two players, that is.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2011, 02:08:21 AM »
Awesome find, indeed! That Hammer Brother seemed to be on to your 1up trick xD. Maybe you can include him in the K.O. process next time. (:
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2011, 03:40:56 PM »
I guess I was just nervous from trying to record it, but in a normal run, I do hit everything in the fireball's path, including the Hammer Bros. :)

Maybe I'll do another recording eventually. XD

« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2011, 09:58:13 PM »
I love your drawing style! It'd be awesome to see those animated.

Print