Poll

Have you ever (legitimately) beaten Super Mario Brothers (the original)?

Yes
25 (64.1%)
No
14 (35.9%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Print

Author Topic: Did you ever beat Super Mario Bros?  (Read 17803 times)

Fwirt

• Now in Cherry
« on: June 22, 2007, 09:44:08 PM »
Just curious because (gasp!) I never have.  Legitimate counts as without cheat codes/glitches, you can use warp pipes as much as you want.
"Say, you good at video games?  I'm not good at video games.  The last time I fired up one of my old Sega tapes it made me a waffle."

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 09:46:15 PM »
No. The only version I've beaten of it is SMBDX, and this was probably because I had more time to play that. I only occasionally got to play the original.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 09:51:14 PM »
I got close to beating it on the DX version, but I got stuck on 8-1.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2007, 10:09:07 PM »
I have several years back...when I had a NES...and lived with him...
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2007, 11:30:14 PM »
This is pitiful.
That was a joke.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2007, 11:53:27 PM »
Yes, of course. Many times. With lives to spare. In multiple forms (meaning, SMBDX, SMAS, various [various here meaning three or four] forms of emulation, one of which includes the Virtual Console, and stuff.
EDIT: No way should warp zones count. Warping = fail.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 11:57:59 PM by Bird Person »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2007, 01:33:23 AM »
What the flying crap monkeys? How bad are you people at games? You've never beaten SMB. What are you even doing on this forum? Holy cow, that's like one of the easiest NES games out there. I can beat SMB upside down with my eyes closed and no pants on. Come on! Practice, get some skills, something!

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2007, 01:56:44 AM »
What a disgrace.

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2007, 07:10:39 AM »
Yeah, I've beaten SMB before. Since I don't actually own SMBDX I haven't tried it. I don't really have much desire to do anything more.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2007, 09:13:01 AM »
What I am even doing on this forum:  I love the Mario games just as much as most of most of you.  It just so happens that 2-D platformers are not my strong point. :(
Regards, Uncle Dolan

dżamper

• You forgot Poland!
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2007, 09:19:31 AM »
I've beaten SMB. But:
a) not on NES, hoho, NES is 7-8 years older than me.
b) with warps or with saving. No normal beating.
Yoshi's broken English!     Lesson 1: All your base are belong to us!     Lesson 2: Please would paper chuck in wastebin Thank you!

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2007, 10:26:46 AM »
What I am even doing on this forum:  I love the Mario games just as much as most of most of you.  It just so happens that 2-D platformers are not my strong point. :(

I find it rude that someone should question your love of Mario based on your skills in Super Mario Bros. Before anyone says "Oh, I was just kidding" or something along the lines, you could've fooled me, because all of the comments (save Bird Person) sound like you really believe that Kojinka sucks at video games, and/or is an untrue Mario fan.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 10:31:13 AM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2007, 12:12:07 PM »
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2007, 01:03:48 PM »
I've beaten both the original NES version and the All Stars version.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Fwirt

• Now in Cherry
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2007, 04:46:10 PM »
I've beaten 2 and 3, as well as most other mainstream Mario games that I've played.  SMB is the exception.  I think the farthest I've ever gotten was 8-2.  Does that make me any less of a Mario fan?

Some people need to get a life though.
"Say, you good at video games?  I'm not good at video games.  The last time I fired up one of my old Sega tapes it made me a waffle."

Print