Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1270167 times)

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #3825 on: November 12, 2008, 05:29:06 PM »
I'll be praying for that.  Hope all goes well!
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #3826 on: November 12, 2008, 05:35:08 PM »
New WarioWare titles have been announced!

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=17118
Awesome!

I will do that. Later. I am at work now.

But I do have some more hopefulness: Nicky and I went to the doctor on Monday for one of her prenatal treatments. It's not too early for a.. baby X-ray (I know there's a term for this but I can't think of it at the moment), but it is too early for us to determine the sex of the baby with said X-ray. The doctor did put a medical device up to her tummy, and we heard.. a heartbeat!!!

I had a migraine that day, but that sound was still the most beautiful sound in the world. Nicky and I looked at eachother and both of us nearly cried..

The doctor said it's ok that it was beating fast (that might also mean that it's a boy), but I thought it sounded fine. The only  reason I would think that it's beating so fast (twice as fast as a grown heart) is that is developing so fast. It is trying to become a little human, which it is (or will be, in about 8 or so months). Her due date is still June 1st, but that is always subject to change.

I am extremely hopeful that all three (her, me, and baby) of us will be ok.
I hope he actually used mechanical ultrasonic waves to make a sonogram and not electromagnetic x-rays.  There's a huge difference between the two.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #3827 on: November 12, 2008, 06:16:44 PM »
It's not too early for a.. baby X-ray (I know there's a term for this but I can't think of it at the moment), but it is too early for us to determine the sex of the baby with said X-ray. The doctor did put a medical device up to her tummy, and we heard.. a heartbeat!!!
You're thinking of an ultrasound.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #3828 on: November 12, 2008, 07:47:47 PM »
Yes! An ultrasound! I knew it wasn't an X-ray, but I couldn't think of it. Thanks!
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #3829 on: November 14, 2008, 12:48:34 AM »
Congrats Toad! I hope that everything goes well!
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #3830 on: November 14, 2008, 04:33:17 PM »
Mario & Luigi 3's Japanese release date has already been set: February 11, 2009. Woo!

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #3831 on: November 14, 2008, 08:46:18 PM »
Congratulations Toad! Hope everything goes out well!
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #3832 on: November 14, 2008, 09:07:15 PM »
Grats Toad! I hope everything with go be well!

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #3833 on: November 14, 2008, 09:57:14 PM »
Well toed, Hope! Everything I be, gone with gratis!
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #3834 on: November 17, 2008, 03:43:34 PM »
First,
I will do that. Later. I am at work now.

But I do have some more hopefulness: Nicky and I went to the doctor on Monday for one of her prenatal treatments. It's not too early for an ultrasound, but it is too early for us to determine the sex of the baby with said X-ray. The doctor did put a medical device up to her tummy, and we heard.. a heartbeat!!!

I had a migraine that day, but that sound was still the most beautiful sound in the world. Nicky and I looked at eachother and both of us nearly cried..

The doctor said it's ok that it was beating fast (that might also mean that it's a boy), but I thought it sounded fine. The only  reason I would think that it's beating so fast (twice as fast as a grown heart) is that it's developing so fast. It is trying to become a little human, which it is (or will be, in about 8 or so months). Her due date is still June 1st, but that is always subject to change.

I am extremely hopeful that all three (her, me, and baby) of us will be ok.
Congratulations, Toad. Hope all goes well.

Second, I'm happy cause, if my wishes are met, I'll get the Homebrew Channel on Christmas day. Also, I might be able to play Portal on my own Xbox 360.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #3835 on: November 17, 2008, 04:22:34 PM »
L4D is coming out some 9 hours or so. Man, it feels like I'm counting down to New Years.
every

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #3836 on: November 17, 2008, 10:56:19 PM »
So LD is gay and his middle name is 4?
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #3837 on: November 17, 2008, 11:06:13 PM »
I picked up Gitaroo Man for the PS2 today. It wins. Hard.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 11:56:29 PM by Captain Jim »
No! I don't want that!

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #3838 on: November 17, 2008, 11:22:16 PM »
Wait until you play it on Master Mode. Just wait.

« Reply #3839 on: November 18, 2008, 02:10:06 AM »
I've said it before and I'll reiterate here: If you beat Master Mode Stage 7 you are a true hero of rhythm gaming in my book (SolidShroom is not a true hero).

Oh yeah, and I'M GAY!

Print