Print

Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. Character Suggestions  (Read 118523 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #240 on: August 13, 2007, 10:22:10 AM »
No! That is the road to lazy developers and shoddy game design when they think they can just fix up your $50 game for more money after they make you buy it once already.
That was a joke.

« Reply #241 on: August 13, 2007, 03:16:01 PM »
It's never stopped them before. The majority of first party GBA games were all practically remakes and ports, with a little originality sprinkled about it's life span.

Oh yeah, and as much as I enjoy the uniqueness of slave master Pokemon Trainer, I'm still waiting for confirmation of those from the old roster, and my three top wants, or at least one of them.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #242 on: August 13, 2007, 04:14:00 PM »
Allowing downloadable content, while it may seem nice at first, means that the developers can rush the game out the door without adequate design or testing. The patches that would result from this would take up valuable space on your Wii. I also think that the number of characters, stages, and items produced would eventually dilute the quality of Brawl.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #243 on: August 13, 2007, 08:54:25 PM »
Not to mention whining from those who don't have Wi-Fi.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #244 on: August 14, 2007, 07:33:27 AM »
I disagree with you all. Kojima stated a while back when he played Brawl that it could ship at that moment and be an awesome game (maybe there's a lot of long, boring cutscenes or something?) and you know Nintendo of all companies wouldn't ship out a crap job on their number one best-selling console game. Patches would let them tweak characters that get deemed low-tier and so forth. People wouldn't still be playing competitive StarCraft ten years after release if Blizzard hadn't done balance tweaks for all those years.

The only argument I agree with is how small the Wii's memory is. If they ever let you actually run stuff straight off an SD card, problem solved. If not, maybe just have one downloadable character and/or map after like a year, just as a special bonus to those who are online (and they can design the character to counter overused strats if any develop in the interim).

Screw offline whiners. People like them slow us down from the awesome future technology that awaits us all. Screw them and their Luddite ways.

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #245 on: August 14, 2007, 10:11:00 AM »
That's it! The ticket to true progress is brash consumerism. Oh, what a fool I've been.

« Reply #246 on: August 14, 2007, 10:41:24 AM »
On the topic of Character suggestions, it'd be neat to see Princess Rosetta ending up with a Cameo to launch her introduction into the Marioverse.
The writer must earn money in order to be able to live and to write, but he must by no means live and write for the purpose of making money.

Fwirt

• Now in Cherry
« Reply #247 on: August 14, 2007, 04:54:19 PM »
Also on the topic of character suggestions, I bet no one mentioned Nester yet (and if they did, I'm not willing to read through 15+ pages.)  I'd love to see Nester, although I'm not sure what he could do, considering he's only been in two games that I know of.  Maybe he could bludgeon people with NES controllers or something...
"Say, you good at video games?  I'm not good at video games.  The last time I fired up one of my old Sega tapes it made me a waffle."

« Reply #248 on: August 14, 2007, 07:26:07 PM »
Yeah, Assist trophies open up all sorts of doors for characters with small roles, or don't have a lot of powers.
The writer must earn money in order to be able to live and to write, but he must by no means live and write for the purpose of making money.

« Reply #249 on: August 15, 2007, 02:56:27 PM »
Pit was only in two games, yet here he is again, nearly 20 years after his last game, and they made him a playable character. As for characters who don't have a lot of powers, that's just silly. Before the SSB series, Capt. Falcon was just a racecar driver. I'm sure that if someone had suggested him before the first SSB game, people would have repsonded with "What would he do? Run over people in his car?"

If they can come up with moves for characters that have never been fighters, they can come up with moves for characters that haven't had a lot of screen time (ie: Pit, Toad, etc..)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #250 on: August 15, 2007, 03:32:35 PM »
Sheik was only in Ocarina of Time, and only as an NPC that didn't really fight, even once. Voila, now we have a ninja. Ness was a one-timer as well (he needs character page on Dojo, stat). Dr. Mario, anyone? And Roy hadn't been in ANY games when Melee was released.
I can't say I can picture Toad as a fighter, though. If he makes it, most of his attacks will probably involve his immense head...
It's YOUR problem!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #251 on: August 15, 2007, 04:20:16 PM »
If Toad becomes playable, what will Peach's shield be?
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #252 on: August 15, 2007, 04:25:06 PM »
OMG! Here we go again!! I'd swear I hear this same arguement at least 20 times per day.. -_-;;

Moves can be changed around. Link's B became his Forward B, Ness's B became his Forward B. Peach's B move could be replaced with either another character (generic Toad, Toadette, Toadsworth, Perry) or just changed all-together (it's not that great a move, anyway).

HOW is it outside the realm of possibility that Toad could be playable and Peach use a generic Toad as her B move?! HOW?!
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #253 on: August 15, 2007, 04:34:06 PM »
On the topic of Character suggestions, it'd be neat to see Princess Rosetta ending up with a Cameo to launch her introduction into the Marioverse.
Or at least a Super Mario Galaxy battle stage.
OH, NO! There goes Tokyo! GO, GO GODZILLA!
------
Yinzers Rule!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #254 on: August 17, 2007, 01:11:38 AM »

Mmm-mm, that's tasty stuff.
Sorry there, Toad. Looks like your hopes have hereby been crushed... but you won't give up on it, will you? You'll still be counting on "That's A Toad, not THE Toad," am I right?
You never know.
It's YOUR problem!

Print