Print

Author Topic: Rumor: Super Mario Galaxy delayed until Xmas 2007  (Read 11913 times)

Deezer

• Invincible
« on: December 19, 2006, 12:47:05 PM »
Super Mario Galaxy, promised by Miyamoto to be released "within the first six months" of the Wii launch, now looks like it might be delayed until Xmas 2007, according to Computerandvideogames.com's sources.

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 01:28:04 PM »
My Zelda. ;_;
Now with SMG being pushed that close to Christmas of 07 I bet they'll be selling pretty well within the first shipments until Christmas is over, but not too much seeing as games are probably easier to reproduce than systems. ;)
I'm a horrible person.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006, 04:27:37 PM »
Nnnng. Oh well, I probably wouldn't have been able to get it without next year's Christmas money anyhow. So I have something to put on my list. >:P
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2006, 06:07:06 PM »
That's too bad. Hopefully SSBB will come out before then.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2006, 08:11:26 PM »
Hey, look on the bright side: If it's being delayed, then it might be even better than if it wasn't! (Look what happened to The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Kirby's Dream Land)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2006, 08:47:07 PM »
Those were delayed? I never knew.
That was a joke.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2006, 10:40:49 PM »
Ocarina of Time was one of the most delayed games ever...

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2006, 11:44:18 AM »
I was only marginally aware of video games in the N64 era.
That was a joke.

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2006, 01:39:56 AM »
Ocarina of Time was delayed for that long? Dang.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2006, 11:22:05 AM »
Yeah, and it's still one of the greatest video games of all time.  I admit TP has OoT beaten in greatness, but Ocarina will always have a place in my heart cause it was my first Zelda game.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2006, 04:54:16 PM »
TP completely failed in one way, making OoT better than it.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2006, 04:57:41 PM »
Wuh?? Explain yourelf, oh and, I don't really care that SMG is delayed, since I'm not getting  Wii any soon, besides, We got enough with Brawl and Metroid Prime 3!!
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Fwirt

• Now in Cherry
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2007, 10:44:52 PM »
Why do people like OoT so much?  I'm just curious because I never thought that much of it. I'm an LttP fan.
"Say, you good at video games?  I'm not good at video games.  The last time I fired up one of my old Sega tapes it made me a waffle."

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2007, 08:27:06 AM »
Play it and all your questions will be answered!
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2007, 10:17:26 AM »
Fwirt, when people say OoT , it stands for "oodles of turkey".  It's common for newbies to misinterpret that as "Ocarina of Time"--a game that is universally hated.

Everyone loves OoT, though.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2007, 11:05:44 AM »
That depends on the kind of turkey it is. I've never liked the white meat too much, since it is usually too dry.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2007, 07:45:59 PM »
I probably wont even GET a Wii till then, but my bro is probably going to get one,he has a membership discount at his job and also the Wii is on sail 50$off. which will be like an 100$discount

warioman

• Banned
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2007, 10:43:00 AM »
booooo
:(
« Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 12:59:17 PM by Deezer »

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2007, 10:46:14 AM »
GLARGH!
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2007, 10:48:45 AM »
Warioman, if you don't clean up your act, you're gonna get banned faster than fairemaster.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2007, 10:51:32 AM »
That was totally uncalled for, man. And your signature is against the rules.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2007, 10:52:44 AM »
I already PM'd him on the matter.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2007, 10:54:08 AM »
Really? Me, too. That's two of us. I'm guessing PaperLuigi did the same. But this is totally off-topic so I'll stop right now.

« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2007, 12:00:36 PM »
Yeah, I did. Said he'd face "prompt and utter destruction" if he didn't clean up his act. Eh, and I mean he'll face the wrath of the mods, that is.

That's a quote from good ol' Harry Truman to anyone who cares.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2007, 01:32:20 PM »
Er, I wasn't here to see it, but what did his sig say?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2007, 01:48:25 PM »
The sig was an image.

Whoa!  The guy got banned already?

I think the biggest red flag would be posting an image with an inappropriate curse word.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2007, 02:21:35 PM »
Whoa!  The guy got banned already?

It may have been quick, but there were two other members who were banned before they even got down one post, mainly because of their names.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2007, 09:34:07 PM »
I wouldn't bat an eyelash if this turned out to be true--though I may punch a hole in the wall-- considering all the tales Nintendo spun about what the Wii would launch with (although I'm glad all those killer titles didn't come out all at once; we'd have nothing to play later and be selling organs to get them simultaneously). From a buisness standpoint, it's quasi-genius, but from a ME standpoint... *makes "shove it" gesture*
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2007, 11:45:23 PM »
Anyway, back to the topic.

First, I'd like to point out that the topic said "Promised by Miyamoto to be released within the first six months". Miyamoto specifically said he did not want to make any promises. Nintendo learned that promises are not the way to go a long time ago.

"I don't want to promise anything yet. But if it's not a launch title it will definitely be there within the first six months."

The site says it was told to them by credible sources close to Nintendo. They sound confident, but who are these credible sources close to Nintendo? This article doesn't convince me of Galaxy's release date and no one will but Nintendo themselves. So, I'm still hopeful that Galaxy will be a Summer release.
The writer must earn money in order to be able to live and to write, but he must by no means live and write for the purpose of making money.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2007, 12:11:58 AM »
Miyamoto was avoiding promising that it would be out at launch, not avoiding all promises.  In any case, you're commenting on an old article.  At GDC, Miyamoto pretty well confirmed that Super Mario Galaxy won't be out until later this year, beyond the first six months.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2007, 01:36:21 AM »
I don't care how long it takes if it's a good... if it's an excellent game. Putting out made-in-the-warehouse's-basement-one-weekend games won't work. Kind of seems to be what Wario: Master of Disappointment was...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Matty_G33

• Banned
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2007, 11:07:35 PM »
Noooooooooooooo!

The Poor Aussies and Kiwi's have to wait longer, seeing everything gets released in the states first!
This could include MP3...aaagggghhhhhh!
Yo, I'm Matty Underscore G Thirty-Three!
And I need a freaking clue...

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2007, 06:33:49 PM »
^ Yeah, what's up with that? I mean, I don't live there, but I can certainly feel your pain...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print