Print

Author Topic: Is Mario stuck in the past? Kotaku seems to think so!  (Read 4147 times)

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« on: July 23, 2013, 09:18:27 PM »
Videogame megasite Kotaku.com put together a fun little video that brings to light a serious issue: Are Mario games going stale by sticking to closely to their original formula? Are the adventures that we once took for granted such as exploring  the galaxy being replaced by same old backgrounds that only allow Mario go "left to right"? Personally, while I think the New Super Mario Bros. series has been a great way for younger generations to get started on Super Mario (and are also quite a bit of fun), I sincerely hope the Wii U gets a full-fledged and rightful successor to Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2.

Check out the video and let us know what you think!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 10:11:51 PM by Deezer »
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 08:20:08 AM »
Videogame megasite Kotaku.com put together a fun little video that brings to light a serious issue: Are Mario games going stale by sticking to closely to their original formula? Are the adventures that we once took for granted such as exploring  the galaxy being replaced by same old backgrounds that only allow Mario go "left to right"? Personally, while I think the New Super Mario Bros. series has been a great way for younger generations to get started on Super Mario (and are also quite a bit of fun), I sincerely hope the Wii U gets a full-fledged and rightful successor to Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2.

Check out the video and let us know what you think!

Personally, I love that Nintendo hasn't given up on the 2D platforming style of gameplay that Super Mario has been known for since the 80's. and while I love the 3D games like Mario 64 and the Galaxy games, I love that Nintendo has combined more elements from both games in the new 3D Land games. It's really how I imagined the older games to look like in a 3D game since I was younger, even more than Mario 64. But I feel there needs to be even more elements from older games brought into the new games.

Print