Print

Author Topic: Metroid: Other M  (Read 23687 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« on: June 03, 2009, 02:45:23 PM »
every

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 02:52:10 PM »
All my constant whining and fussing about the need for a third person Metroid game in 3-D has been answered and man this looks freaking sweet. I don't even mind that there will be some first person elements, as the trailer shows. I cannot wait. Only, I'm surprised that Team Ninja is doing this game. You can't have gigantic, bouncing breasts when the character is wearing a metal suit.

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 02:53:47 PM »
Hmm.. I don't know if I like her voice.

But FINALLY! A 3D Metroid that is not in first person! Yes, I saw that the video had first person moments.. Looks awesome.

.. Pardon my ignorance, but who is Team Ninja?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 03:03:52 PM »
The guys who did Dead or Alive.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 03:10:18 PM »
SWEET JESUS

Yet another game I may or may not be able to afford despite wanting it badly.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2009, 03:26:19 PM »
Controlling Samus in this game is gonna be an ordeal if the camera is actually always placed head-on or in dynamic positions as shown in that video.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2009, 04:37:56 PM »
This Metroid prequel would be a must-buy for me if I had a Wii.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2009, 04:58:57 PM »
It looks to me to be a sidescroller with assloads of genre changeups (quick-time events, rail shooter segments, different camera angles, etc.). The melee combat looks especially hardcore, but it'd be odd if Team Ninja didn't let a little bit of their fighting pedigree seep into the design.
every

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2009, 08:36:45 PM »
The guys who did Dead or Alive.
More importantly, the guys who did Ninja Gaiden.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2009, 08:57:22 PM »
Looks, well... awesome.

My only possible gripe is there's rumors of this being a Super Metroid or Metroid Fusion remake (the former of which I need to finish, the latter of which I need to buy).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2009, 09:00:15 PM »
As in, the original Ninja Gaiden (on.. NES, I believe), or the recent one (on.. Xbox?)

Any 3D Metroid game not in first person is awesome news. The Prime series was a nice experiment, but first person doesn't work well for Metroid.

A Super Metroid remake would be awesome! That's probably one of my favorite Snes games (my wife likes to watch me play it)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2009, 09:16:55 PM »
What is people's obsession with remakes and/or games that are exactly the same as their predecessors

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That was a joke.

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2009, 09:28:06 PM »
A 3D Super Metroid remake wouldn't be exactly the same. Super Metroid wasn't even in 3D.

Really, I wouldn't care what kind of Metroid game this was. A 3D Metroid that's not in first person is a very good thing. Very good!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2009, 08:55:40 AM »
I agree.  I suck at FPS games.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2009, 12:23:48 PM »
FPS is my FPSpecialty. I don't really like the traditional Metroid games, I always get lost. I have yet to play the copy of Metroid Prime I bought six months ago.

Team Ninja has the Ninja Gaiden series from Ninja Gaiden (Xbox 2004) to Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 (PS3 2009).

Print