Print

Author Topic: When people make fools out of themselves in Mario info.  (Read 9322 times)

Kojinka

• Bruised
« on: March 25, 2009, 07:11:39 PM »

Fortunately, the correct answer is in the lead now, but it's still sickening to me that so many so-called fans would think 64 was the first. I could understand if they were young and didn't care for the spinoffs, but still.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 07:29:05 PM by Kojinka »
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 08:36:16 PM »

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 08:52:26 PM »
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 09:37:12 PM »
It's 11 now. I mean, really?
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009, 10:27:51 PM »
I'm amazed that poll was made in the first place. Who could get that wrong? (I'm assuming at least one person was being sarcastic)
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2009, 03:54:02 AM »
I was reminded of this. It's possible that the people were too young to remember their videogame history, or they just refused to learn it. On the other hand, I was never good at any kind of history, and I know there's some point with videogame history where I just throw up my hands and walk away (for me, that's anything before the days of the NES, or any non-Nintendo consoles up to the GameCube/Xbox/PS2 generation).

It's shocking, but probably not the worst offense out there. Although Super Mario Kart appears well-known, I remember sort of skipping over it (yeah, just like I skipped over EarthBound, Final Fantasy IV / VI, Secret of Mana, Bomberman, Zombies Ate My Neighbors, and Legend of Zelda Link To The Past *facepalm*). I did play Super Mario Kart a few times and liked it a lot, my only problem with it was never getting used to the powerslide, hence I forgot about it because I quickly lost interest when I couldn't get too far in the game. As Mario Kart 64 was a smash hit and one of the early titles for the N64, it's possible that many people were first introduced to the kart series through the 64 incarnation. I didn't even know there was a Pilotwings for SNES.

I guess if you look at the titles it's obvious. Super Mario Kart, Super Mario World... similarity there. If there was ever any doubt, you could just do a search to verify that Super Mario Kart was a real game. And I don't think any N64 games had 64 in the title unless they were from an existing franchise or an update of an old game. But you know we don't pay attention to clues like that unless we don't know what a Mario Kart is.

This seems like a good excuse time to post this. I grabbed the pictures that appear when you come in 4th or worse for a grand prix in Mario Kart 64, combining them into one image. To tie it into this thread, I'll just say the Mario Kart cast is ashamed that anybody could be wrong on which Mario Kart came first.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 03:59:26 AM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2009, 06:57:07 AM »
Well, if you look at the graph, only two people said it was first. Our only hope is they thought it was referring to MK:Super Circuit...

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2009, 02:45:47 PM »
That's just a screen cap I did at the time to show how ridiculous this is.
Update

As I said, at least SMK is in the lead.
I'm sure whoever voted Crash Team Racing was just joking around.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2009, 03:01:01 PM »
That is kinda depressing.

Not as depressing as this kinda thing, however.

No! I don't want that!

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2009, 06:45:33 PM »
DeviantArt

Not Fail

You should know better than that by now.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2009, 06:53:29 PM »
lol. 2; super Mario Kart.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2009, 09:13:29 PM »
You should know better than that by now.
I already knew DA is full of fail.  I just didn't think it could hold much more of it.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2009, 09:21:50 AM »
As long as the human race exists, there will always be room for more fail.

YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY, THE MORE THE MERRIER!
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2009, 01:13:17 PM »
As long as the human race exists, there will always be room for more fail.

You can create your own if you'd like.
You didn't say wot wot.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2009, 02:22:50 PM »
That's awesome.

Print