Print

Author Topic: Kidnap Peach Yourself in Mario Sunshine + more interesting info  (Read 7869 times)

« on: November 09, 2014, 10:00:43 PM »
Whats up everyone, I'm not sure if anyone remembers me but I haven't posted in awhile lol. I've been messing around with SMS again and I found a couple things. I just uploaded this video showing that its possible to actually kidnap peach yourself (with cheats): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6HjL7hgSOI
I apologize if I'm late and everyone knew about this, but as far as I know there's only one other video on it. So I figured it was obscure enough to still be noteworthy.

I also figured out how to modify a cheat to get any number of shine sprites. From what I've tested, there may have been intended to actually be 122 total, because from 123 on the brightness in delfino plaza resets to 0 so the island literally becomes pitch black. It gradually gets lighter the higher you go up and I'm not 100% sure but it drops again and repeats continuously until 999 (It wont display 1000 no matter what, and it freezes when you get a shine). I might record a video of this if anyone's interested.

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 06:29:11 PM »
The upskirt was kind of underwhelming, but still cool.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2014, 11:07:32 PM »
The upskirt was kind of underwhelming, but still cool.

Lol, I knew someone was going to bring that up. It was unintentional, but glad you liked it.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2014, 05:36:11 AM »
Hahaha, "pun not intended." I didn't even think about it until I read that.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2014, 06:00:23 PM »
This is pretty neat since it gives us more insight into how the "kidnapping scene" Peach was programmed.

From what I've tested, there may have been intended to actually be 122 total, because from 123 on the brightness in delfino plaza resets to 0 so the island literally becomes pitch black. It gradually gets lighter the higher you go up and I'm not 100% sure but it drops again and repeats continuously until 999 (It wont display 1000 no matter what, and it freezes when you get a shine). I might record a video of this if anyone's interested.

This is also interesting, but I wouldn't conclude that this means there were intended to be more obtainable Shine Sprites. It is possible they reserved a couple of values above the obtainable maximum as a precaution and softcapped the max brightness value, which looks to be a signed integer that overflows when the number of Shine Sprites is above 122.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Print