Print

Author Topic: Hard Games  (Read 23839 times)

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2007, 02:46:08 PM »
I think 3D games are somehow inherently easy due to the nature of their controls
I would argue the opposite.

« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2007, 02:47:56 PM »
European Extreme mode on Metal Gear Solid 3 is very difficult. I think SolidShroom can back me up on this one.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2007, 03:45:49 PM »
European Extreme makes me want to harm someone bodily. I could manage Extreme, but I don't think I ever beat it on European Extreme. Same goes for the said difficulty in Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance. NiGHTS Journey of Dreams is somewhat frustratingly difficult, but it isn't too extreme. I think it's only noteworthy because I got it yesterday. God of War was pretty freaking tough but I managed it. GTA 3 and Vice City are pretty tough at times. Half Life is pretty hard because it's so freaking long. I've never beat any Legend of Zelda games, except for TP, because they're really freaking tough, and Final Fantasy games are pretty hard for me because I'm not really an RPG man, and they're really really really long. Early Mega Man games are tough, but not impossible if you try again and again.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2007, 04:02:09 PM »
No one's said "Ice Climber." I'm saying Ice Climber. The jumping is so messed up and the time limit you get when you reach the "bonus stage" is brutal. I never even try to get the freakin' vegetables because I'll fall into a chasm or run out of time. I've beaten the first mountain once and only once.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2007, 04:04:56 PM »
I don't remember Ice Climber being hard. I can remember getting to the top of many mountains. And I remember bears. It was a long time ago.

« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2007, 04:23:08 PM »
Earthbound is hard if you try to ignore every enemy in sight. You'll just end up getting slaughtered by tougher enemies in the future. But I guess that happens with every RPG. I just like mentioning Earthbound because the enemies are pretty tough regardless of what level you're on, unless you decide to revisit areas with weaker enemies. Exploding tree anyone?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2007, 05:35:34 PM »
I dunno, you might have an easier time in RPGs where the battles are random and you have to fight no matter what.
That was a joke.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2008, 05:50:31 PM »
Zelda 2 is the only Zelda game that I have never beaten (As far as I'm concerned, the CD-i Zeldas never existed)
Regards, Uncle Dolan

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2008, 06:47:12 PM »
I dunno, you might have an easier time in RPGs where the battles are random and you have to fight no matter what.
But then the loser who would avoid every battle possible doesn't learn anything. Those are the same losers who would avoid every trainer in Pokémon and depend on legendaries to beat the Elite Four, so no lesson is learned there either...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2008, 07:36:45 PM »
The only hard games i can think of is SMB Lost Levels, The very first days of Guitar Hero, and The Wind Waker had a lot of figure-it-out-yourself things that just really annoyed me.

There were probably other moments where I got stuck multiple times in multiple games, for example:

The one part in the Phantom Hourglass where you have to "Copy" the map symbol on the top screen by "Pressing the maps together." I spent DAYS trying to find out what the heck that meant. I fianally gave up, shut my DS to go look it up on the internet, and as soon as opened it again... Bingo... T~T

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2008, 08:03:38 PM »
^ Yeah... thank goodness I heard about that on the internet (or Nintendo Power, or somewhere) about that part...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2008, 08:20:36 PM »
...and The Wind Waker had a lot of figure-it-out-yourself things that just really annoyed me.

You know what was hard in Wind Waker? Gathering up 391X8 rupee so that fool Tingle could decipher the Tri-Force charts!

« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2008, 08:26:16 PM »
You know what was hard in Wind Waker? Gathering up 391X8 rupee so that fool Tingle could decipher the Tri-Force charts!
I actually didn't find that to be difficult at all.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2008, 08:33:23 PM »
Not so much hard as it was annoying, I suppose.

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2008, 08:49:32 PM »
The annoying thing was figuring out that he could "dechiper" them in the first place.

Even more annoying that every single person said something about "Triumph Forks"... We all knew what they meant.

Print