Print

Author Topic: Hard Games  (Read 23885 times)

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #45 on: January 01, 2008, 09:07:13 PM »
Battletoads. I think Rare didn't want people to beat those games.

« Reply #46 on: January 01, 2008, 11:33:57 PM »
I got the joke, but I did think that there was at least going to be one real Triumph Fork somewhere...

« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2008, 02:05:07 AM »
SMB3 I still can't beat though. Maybe I should try since I haven't in a few years.

I did this once, in one sitting, with no continues or warping (I did skip skippible levels, though).  The people who tried to talk to me while I was doing this all thought I was nuts. 

I wouldn't say it's that hard to do, if you've played the game a lot recently.  It just takes a while.  Not allowing yourself continues actually helps a lot, since it gives you plenty of incentive to not get yourself killed.
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2008, 11:01:46 AM »
SMB3 is easy, it's just it takes a dang long time to beat, and even longer time to beat it from every World.

It's real tempting not to use those whistles...

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #49 on: January 02, 2008, 12:45:40 PM »
I think Zelda 2 was quite difficult in a wonderful way, but it doesn't qualify to the "most difficult" list for the fact that it's quite possible.
Ghouls 'n' Ghosts was a contender for me for a while, but I did eventually beat it legitimately.  And it's also said to be the easiest of the series.

But I will say that the most difficult game I've encountered is Target: Earth, on the Genesis.  That game has remained, since my childhood, to be the videogame world's very definition of "difficult".
Go Moon!

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2008, 01:43:05 PM »
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 on the Game Gear. You know a game is hard when you can't even beat the first boss...
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

silverstarman

• Chock full of misinformation
« Reply #51 on: January 02, 2008, 01:51:23 PM »
Oh yeah, now THAT was hard.

« Reply #52 on: January 02, 2008, 02:10:35 PM »
European Extreme makes me want to harm someone bodily. I could manage Extreme, but I don't think I ever beat it on European Extreme.

I've gotten to The End on European Extreme, but that's as far as I've gotten. Extreme mode isn't too bad, but European Extreme sucks. It takes all the fun out of killing off enemies with a sniper, and it's also very tough. I can't imagine how hard it would be trying to make it out of the forrest with an injured Eva at the end of the game.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #53 on: January 02, 2008, 05:18:33 PM »
It's not possible. Seriously. I managed to get to the Eva part (without any kills, believe it or not), and my save file is still stuck there because Eva is always spotted. I attempt it every now and then, but to no avail. Same thing with GH1; I've five-starred every song in 2 and 3 on Hard, but the pull-offs in the first suck. It doesn't matter how good you are at pull-offs on the second; "Bark at the Moon" on the original PS2 version will rape you.
every

« Reply #54 on: January 02, 2008, 05:23:38 PM »
BTW, how hard was it when you got to Grozny Grad and had to escape with no camo or weapons? You know, the part right after the tourture scene?
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #55 on: January 02, 2008, 05:32:40 PM »
It doesn't matter how good you are at pull-offs on the second; "Bark at the Moon" on the original PS2 version will rape you.
I managed to beat it after like a billion attempts. In fact, Cowboys from Hell was a lot harder.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #56 on: January 02, 2008, 06:10:55 PM »
BTW, how hard was it when you got to Grozny Grad and had to escape with no camo or weapons? You know, the part right after the tourture scene?

Actually not that hard. Just keep crawling under the trucks and you'll avoid detection altogether.
every

« Reply #57 on: January 02, 2008, 06:41:40 PM »
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 on the Game Gear.
AGREE

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #58 on: January 02, 2008, 08:45:51 PM »
I actually beat Sonic 2 for the gamegear... not with all the chaos emeralds though.

« Reply #59 on: January 02, 2008, 09:00:27 PM »
I managed to beat it after like a billion attempts. In fact, Cowboys from Hell was a lot harder.
Agreed, Cowboys from Hell is way harder. I hated these two songs before Guitar Hero 2 came out. I recently went back to Guitar Hero 1 for a while and they're way easier. I five-starred them within a few tries.

Print