Print

Author Topic: Hard Games  (Read 23813 times)

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #60 on: January 03, 2008, 09:01:32 PM »
Actually, there were a few parts on Phantom Hourglass that I actually needed GameFAQs for.  There's one puzzle in the Ghost Ship that I still don't understand even when looking at GameFAQs.  Another PH thing I had trouble with was drawing the Triforce on the door.  I tried over 10 times drawing the Triforce the way I've always drawn it (Big triangle first then draw the small triangle upside down inside the big one).  I spent hours trying to figure it out until I gave up and looked at GameFAQs.  I was so annoyed; the game didn't offer any good clues to tell you how to properly draw it.  There was the one vague clue and that was it.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #61 on: January 03, 2008, 09:39:40 PM »
I am a loser I look at FAQs
Wow that's cool.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #62 on: January 03, 2008, 09:57:54 PM »
Wow that's cool.
HEY  I try to beat the games with as little help as possible.  I had classes in the morning, and I would not have been able to concentrate on my studies with those puzzles stuck on my mind!  If it makes you feel any better, I was able to get all 120 stars with Mario on SMG without the help of any FAQs
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #63 on: January 03, 2008, 10:01:44 PM »
I'm proud of you, and so is my Charizard.

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #64 on: January 03, 2008, 11:56:08 PM »
Charizard... Lol... <\offtopic>

I got the Triforce drawing on my first try on PH.

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #65 on: January 04, 2008, 10:45:16 AM »
Hehe. That Charmander/Charizard is cute!

Also, while I was doing some cleaning in the living room (which is actually part of my daily routine), I stumbled on an N64 game that I got stuck on and never got around to tackling again. Mischief Makers. I swear the controls in that thing were...ugh...
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

« Reply #66 on: January 04, 2008, 01:14:24 PM »
WOW that game was FUN. ^_^

I loved the Mountain and Cave worlds to be the best. You were right though, the controls were a little crazy. I remember the game even said to "use the control stick", when it had no function whatsoever in that game.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Hacker Pikachu 25

• Technicolor nightmare
« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2008, 03:11:29 PM »
PH is SO. DANG. TEDIOUS. IGN sucks. I can't even FIND the chest with the crystal in tTotOK (the Temple of the Ocean King). So I gave up on that. Hard but Fun = PH. Bye.
Klonoa is the best game I've played YET!!!

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #68 on: February 12, 2008, 05:15:44 PM »
PH is SO. DANG. TEDIOUS. IGN sucks. I can't even FIND the chest with the crystal in tTotOK (the Temple of the Ocean King). So I gave up on that. Hard but Fun = PH. Bye.
I finished PH in about a week
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #69 on: February 12, 2008, 05:38:28 PM »
Why does everybody think that game is hard? I mean, I guess it had its moments, so maybe it was more the shortness than the difficulty level that irked me, but... I dunno.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

silverstarman

• Chock full of misinformation
« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2008, 07:29:04 PM »
Yeah, I don't find it that challenging either...

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #71 on: February 12, 2008, 08:32:18 PM »
Immortal Defense is a pretty tough game. I'm stuck on the level where you first have access to the Danmaku Point. Of course, if my computer wasn't acting up so that I could play the game right now, I'd probably already be through it, but...

The difficulty level of From the Abyss (an action RPG for the DS that's currently Japan-only) is annoying, because the first dungeon was tough, the second dungeon was easy until I fought the boss (which had an attack that made the battle reminiscent of danmaku games both in style and in difficulty), and the third dungeon is brutal in a way that leveling my character won't fix.

A lot of doujin games are really hard. Rosenkreuzstilette, Touhou, and eXceed are among them.

« Reply #72 on: February 24, 2008, 11:25:37 AM »
Phantom Hourglass was easy, but it had some hard parts. Like drawing the Triforce...Anyway, it should win the award for worst hand-writing recognition system of all time.

Yeah, thats another hard part.

silverstarman

• Chock full of misinformation
« Reply #73 on: February 24, 2008, 04:42:29 PM »
I'm too lazy to skim this entire thread, but I don't think anyone has mentioned Contra.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #74 on: February 24, 2008, 06:20:27 PM »
Stop being so lazy. Contra was mentioned on the first page.

Space Invaders Extreme is an insanely hard game but I love it so much.

Print