Poll

Which prize is better?

Doc Louis's Punch-Out!!
Mario Hat
Print

Author Topic: The Platinum Problem  (Read 23727 times)

« on: July 14, 2009, 12:42:52 PM »
The Club Nintendo Elite Status Rewards have been announced. Golds simply get a desk calender, but Platinums have the task of choosing between two prizes: a standalone downloadable Punch-Out!! fight against Doc Louis or a wearable Mario hat.

Which do you think is the better choice?

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 12:53:20 PM »
Get the hat.  It's... a Mario hat.  How long have Mario fans been waiting for that?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 01:04:29 PM »
I came into this thread expecting some long tirade against the Pokémon series, completely forgetting a discussion that just happened in the chatroom this morning about the rewards.

I think the best solution would be to get the hat, then find someone who went with the game and play it on their Wii.

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 01:06:34 PM »
Something that takes up Wii memory or something that will be more memorable. Hmm..

Go with the hat.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 01:12:19 PM »
I went with Doc Louis's Punch-Out!!  The hat was in Japan's Club Nintendo last year and is still to be found on sites like eBay.  I expect even more (from North America) in auctions soon.  The Wiiware game, on the other hand, is exclusive.  Still, it's essential a short demo.  A lot of people were hoping for SNES Wii controllers, but I already imported the Super Famicom controller. A SMG soundtrack would have been nice though it was also available in Japan.  It seems Japan always gets the good stuff, but at least I don't live in the red-headed-step-child of the video game industry otherwise knows as Europe.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 01:38:08 PM »
Dude, the fight, all the way. A Mario hat is just a one-off novelty item that will get you laughed to pieces if you ever actually wear it in front of respectable company, whereas the Doc Lois fight is something you can actually experience, if only for a little while.
every

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2009, 01:46:31 PM »
Go with the game, Little Matt.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2009, 02:05:02 PM »
I'm going with the hat. It ought to go well with the Mario costume that I made a couple of years back. Also, I lack a Wii and have little to no interest in Punch Out anyway.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2009, 02:40:33 PM »
I'd reccomend the cap, although this advice comes from a die-hard Mario fan with no genuine interest in Punch-Out. It could be hard to justify getting something that's akin to a single-level game demo instead of an actual article of collectible Nintendo paraphernalia.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2009, 03:29:32 PM »
One more fight to Punch-Out!! is as close to serious downloadable content Nintendo's gone thus far. And I bet the hat is really fake-looking and -feeling.
It's YOUR problem!

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2009, 03:38:30 PM »
Fighting Doc Louis is totally the best option here.
No! I don't want that!

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2009, 03:40:35 PM »
Yeah, I was hoping for an SNES Wii controller myself.

Between the two choices, I'm on the fence as well. I love me some Punch Out and the number of times I've tried to punch Doc with the cursor would be impossible to count, but then... Mario Hat. But Luigison makes a good point, and while I don't personally care enough to ebay the Mario hat, that option would always exist where as the Punch Out fight would probably be more difficult to come across.

Decisions, decisions.

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2009, 06:56:10 PM »
What Jim said, fighting Doc Brown. I don't wear hats, so a Mario hat gets a big meh from me. Might be a different story if there was a good Yoshi doll, though.

I remember an IGN article saying that if you think the prizes will be good, go ahead and gather as many points as you can before they're reset for next year. Otherwise, lay off and let it reset so you can quickly gather points for next year. I haven't read much about Club Nintendo in America, but it seems stupid that all your hard work can go away once a certain date hits.

Although I never participated in Super Power Stamps, I wish those would come back. Big catalog to choose from, buy whatever you want once you had enough, no resetting of points, and I just thought those physical stamps were cool. I forget how you got the stamps, I think it was a lousy process (I'd prefer the Club Nintendo approach of doing surveys), but whatever. I even forget if you were ever able to buy those items with cash... I think you could, like there'd be a cash value and alternately a number of stamps.

I'm mainly just grousing that the stuff I saw in the Nintendo catalog was never as cool as what Japan got with their Club Nintendo. And from the looks of things, America still has yet to catch up. But I did like that Mario SMB2 wallet...
You didn't say wot wot.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2009, 10:09:11 PM »
I'd definitely choose the exclusive rare gaming experience, even if it is just a game add-on type situation. If the Mario hat was actually a hat (not sure what those are called) that was read and had an M on it instead of a hat shaped plushie than I might be tempted.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2009, 10:14:30 PM »
Dude, it is a real hat.

TEM

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2009, 10:49:16 PM »
It's a pillow with a hole to shove your head in.

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2009, 10:54:00 PM »
Is that not what pillows are in the first place? A hole conformed to the shape of your head for better relaxation?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2009, 11:57:08 PM »
It's a pillow with a hole to shove your head in.

Sounds like a good time to me DISREGARD THAT

Really, Nintendo specifies actual hat-sized measurements in the award notification e-mail. It's a hat.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2009, 04:47:55 AM »

Please tell me you're kidding when you'd say you'd rather wear that elementary school play prop than have a bout with Little Mac's mentor, who has stolen more bikes and eaten more chocolate than any man could have imagined.
It's YOUR problem!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2009, 10:39:21 AM »
Considering I've never played Punch-Out!! and don't plan on it for the forseeable future, I certainly am not kidding when I say I want the hat.

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2009, 12:01:19 PM »
Considering that it's an entry-level minigame, Doc Louis is probably easier than most punching bags.

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2009, 05:23:03 PM »
Entry-level? You have to spend around $500 on Nintendo-published games and take dozens of surveys to play it. This game has one of the highest levels of entry of all gaming history.

Bird's passionate defense of Doc Louis's Punch-Out!! has sold me. I don't want to get the hat and then say,

"I missed the chocolate bar convention for this?"

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2009, 05:26:42 PM »
Well, the game will have to be playable to spoiled ten-year-old gamers and deserving Nintendo veterans alike. Just sayin'.

But alas, the choice is yours and yours alone. Just keep a close eye on your bicycle while you play.

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2009, 05:32:27 PM »
The other thing is that even if he's easy to beat, he'll hopefully have three challenges to do like everyone else. Because those are always pretty hard, either in execution or just hard to figure out how to do it.

But if the fight does turn out to be one-sided, I'll eat my chocolate bar sideways.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2009, 06:08:02 PM »
Think about it. You're fighting Doc. Now, his tips aren't super-useful, but if he's as hard as just Great Tiger or Don Flamenco, he could just be your worst nightmare--who's gonna eat chocolate to restore your health? What if he doesn't let you fight a hologram to practice in Exhibition? Heck, he might pull a Soda Popinski and eat his chocolate to heal himself!

Anyone who played the game should be expecting this to be much greater than a "minigame." Anything short of spectacular, and it wouldn't feel like part of the effort that went into every detail of Punch-Out!! Of course all the naysayers don't give a flying frig about the game because they're busy playing the same old things. Play it and see what it is for yourself.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 06:14:37 PM by Bird Person »
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2009, 06:57:10 PM »
I personally have no prior connection to Punch-Out(!!), hence my disinterest in the downloadable fight option. Heck, I wasn't even aware that he was known as anything besides the "N---a Stole My Bike" Guy before now. It's just a matter of perception: For me, the choice was easier than deciding between receving Chuck Norris' autograph or having dinner with Juan the school janitor.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2009, 07:36:38 PM »
Of course all the naysayers don't give a flying frig about the game because they're busy playing the same old things. Play it and see what it is for yourself.

Yeah
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2009, 07:39:15 PM »
Whoa, I just now realized how appropriate this reward actually is. Doc Louis pimps Club Nintendo in the game. Why? So you could eventually fight him!

He also pimped the ancient Nintendo Fun Club. :)

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2009, 08:38:47 PM »
For me, the choice was easier than deciding between receving Chuck Norris' autograph or having dinner with Juan the school janitor.

You went with Jaun, right? Because Chuck Norris is an old man and an even older joke, right?
No! I don't want that!

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2009, 09:17:22 PM »
Whoa, I just now realized how appropriate this reward actually is. Doc Louis pimps Club Nintendo in the game. Why? So you could eventually fight him!

He also pimped the ancient Nintendo Fun Club. :)
I saw that screenshot in Nintendo Power and almost immediately made the connection. I LOLed.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2009, 09:22:32 PM »
As BP can attest, I have never Punched-Out, and though I am an avid YTMND fan I still cannot fairly judge the awesomeness of a fight against the coach in question. However, elaborating upon a point LD touched on, you (for the sole purpose of a metallurgical rating or not) have to spend hundreds of dollars fattening Nintendo's wallet to earn top-tier Club N status, so what's it going to be: A probable contender for the world's shortest game or the iconic hat of said company/this forum's beloved mustachioed mascot?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2009, 10:23:38 PM »
For $800, I want something I'm gonna use more than once. A single level of a game isn't going to cut it.

Now, if I had the money to buy the hat on eBay later, then I'd have to go with the game, but I've got about $60,000 in student loans with a whole nother year to go.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2009, 05:48:05 PM »
Dude, the point isn't "Which is worth more?" because NEITHER is worth $800. It boils down to, after being a stupidly loyal Nintendo customer, whether you want something you can exprience or something you can look like an idiot wearing. Anyone who buys 800 smackers worth of [dukar] so they can choose between a crappy plush hat or a standalone demo is a loser of epic proportions.
every

TEM

« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2009, 08:22:52 PM »
Or maybe a MONSTER NERD?

« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2009, 09:12:47 PM »
Wearing a Mario hat in public is most certainly an experience, thankyouverymuch.

CrossEyed7

« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2009, 10:16:30 PM »
A true stupidly loyal Nintendo fan would never think a Mario hat is dorky.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2009, 03:42:46 PM »
Stop saying $800. Platinum is 600 coins, which you can get with $500 or less, depending what you buy.

(Yeah, I know, that makes it a lot better.)

I also take umbrage at "stupidly loyal Nintendo customer". I got it easily and am in no way "loyal" to Nintendo. You just have to spend lots of money on gaming.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2009, 03:56:49 PM »
You have to spend lots of money on new official Nintendo products; it's not like buying a second-hand 360 controller or a Resident Evil 5 strategy guide will get you Nintendo points. So, yeah, you have to be stupidly loyal.
every

« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2009, 04:04:17 PM »
Do you know what loyal means? It means dedicated to something at the exclusion of other things. Buying Nintendo products does not prevent someone from buying other companies' products. You don't have to accept some kind of contract when you enter Club Nintendo codes.

« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2009, 04:26:51 PM »
At any rate, a truly dedicated Nintendo fan would wear it with the utmost pride.

EDIT: By the way, you needn't spend another penny on Nintendo products if you're willing to forfeit your moral convictions long enough to follow this guy's example.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 04:31:40 PM by Weegee »

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2009, 04:50:36 PM »
Even if I hadn't spent a dime on Nintendo games this year I could have easily made platinum because of all the games that transferred over.  I still have a huge backlog of survey's, but I am loyal Nintendo fan so that's no surprise.  I wouldn't say I'm stupidly loyal though.  I also a lot of PlayStation games. 
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 05:02:02 PM by Luigison »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2009, 04:52:53 PM »
Why is someone "stupid" if they're incredibly loyal to the only video game company that matters?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2009, 04:55:36 PM »
Do you know what loyal means? It means dedicated to something at the exclusion of other things. Buying Nintendo products does not prevent someone from buying other companies' products. You don't have to accept some kind of contract when you enter Club Nintendo codes.

Do you know what stupidly loyal means? It means buying any hundreds of dollars worth of merchandise specifically to get an object that should, for all intents and purposes, come in a cereal box or something. That was the point I was making (generally speaking, though, there is no point in tryng to be "loyal" to a multi-billion dollar entertainment empire).

On the other hand, if $500 worth of Nintendo merchandise is only a portion of your average video game spending habits, you're just a plain old rich *******.
every

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2009, 05:23:21 PM »
I think it's more a matter of priority than being stupid and/or rich.  When I was in high school and junior college I had two jobs.  One was for near minimum wage at a diesel shop the other doing contract janitorial service for the same company.  Most of my money then went to a truck payment, music, apparel, and consumables.  You might say I wasted a lot, but I had different priorities back then.  I bought a $400 pair of Tony Lama's for example.  I still have most of nearly 300 CDs purchased during those years.  I also had a lot of magazine subscriptions. 

Today, on the other hand, I'll wear a $30 pair of New Balances for five to 10 years and buy very little music.  I use an Amazon.com credit card for almost all of my bills and that nets me a free $50 to $75 in certificates to spend on their site with free shipping every month.  Those free certificates alone would get me platinum every year. 

TEM

« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2009, 07:34:14 PM »
I got to get me an amazon.com credit card, that sounds super mega pimp.

CrossEyed7

« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2009, 07:39:34 PM »
EDIT: By the way, you needn't spend another penny on Nintendo products if you're willing to forfeit your moral convictions long enough to follow this guy's example.
Gamestop should really keep those things behind the desk with the games. Although I'm not sure I'd trust some of the guys at my Gamestop to not register the games themselves if they were back there.

Also, that guy's voice sounds almost exactly like what I'd expect the voice of a guy who does something like that to sound like.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2009, 10:02:08 PM »
Since I work at a place that sells games, I'm telling you right now that keeping the registration cards with the discs is a ridiculous idea.
Although it's true, a lot of people never register the games before they sell them to us. I probably have several used games with unused registration numbers lying around.
That was a joke.

« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2009, 11:28:47 PM »
Yes, I am like the young Luigison. I am by no means rich, but as a healthy single dude with a job, no kids, and no debts, I can easily pump thousands of dollars into gaming with no repercussions.

Also, that guy's voice sounds almost exactly like what I'd expect the voice of a guy who does something like that to sound like.
Hahaha

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2009, 09:11:41 AM »
I'm pretty sure the guy in that video just came up with that idea in his head without actually trying it.
every

« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2009, 01:38:58 AM »
the only video game company that matters

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #50 on: July 20, 2009, 04:13:08 AM »
the only video game company that matters?

No! I don't want that!

TEM

« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2009, 10:16:47 AM »

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2009, 10:23:05 AM »

CrossEyed7

« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2009, 11:00:29 AM »

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2009, 11:39:22 AM »

Bert.
every

« Reply #55 on: July 21, 2009, 12:52:46 AM »

« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 11:06:00 AM by Toad »

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #56 on: July 21, 2009, 10:20:31 AM »
OOH ICE BERT.
every

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2009, 07:11:41 PM »
Sorry to bump, but I have some crap to say, hat-wise.

I'd say the hat.... I think that's the closest thing we'll ever get to an actual, in-relative-proportion Mario hat.

I hate seeing normal baseball hats or trucker hats with a mesh back half on it with a huge white circle glued on it that has a generic, Arial font "M" printed on it. Also, I hate seeing people trying to pass off Newsboy caps with the brim button popped as a legitimate Mario hat.... Mario's hat isn't poofy or anything. (Although... the Newsboy I have is actually very close to the shape of Mario's hat, but does have a bunch of seams coming from the center button on top.

So yeah, I'd take the hat on account of not owning Punch-Out.
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2009, 07:37:21 PM »

Same as it ever was.
Same as it ever was.
Same as it ever was.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2009, 07:46:06 PM »
Posts As Art

(R.I.P. Steven9wii)

CrossEyed7

« Reply #60 on: August 14, 2009, 11:00:22 PM »

« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2009, 11:09:31 PM »

Burt is still Bert, right?

« Reply #62 on: August 14, 2009, 11:11:52 PM »
t  h  e     o  n  l  y     v  i  d  e  o     g  a  m  e     c  o  m  p  a  n  y     t  h  a  t     m  a  t  t  e  r  s

He has called together legislative bodies at places unusual, uncomfortable, and distant from the depository of their Public Records, for the sole purpose of fatiguing them into compliance with his measures.

TEM

« Reply #63 on: August 16, 2009, 05:37:22 PM »
company only matters? game video the that

« Reply #64 on: August 16, 2009, 05:54:51 PM »
that video company only matters?

the game

It's a conspiracy.

« Reply #65 on: August 16, 2009, 06:21:59 PM »

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #66 on: August 16, 2009, 06:22:35 PM »
Yeah okay it's not funny anymore.
every

« Reply #67 on: August 16, 2009, 06:23:08 PM »
the

only

video game

company

that

matters

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #68 on: August 16, 2009, 06:33:22 PM »
the only video game company that matters?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #69 on: August 16, 2009, 07:13:25 PM »
I lost in several meanings of the word.

CrossEyed7

« Reply #70 on: August 17, 2009, 09:00:27 AM »
Why is someone "stupid" if they're incredibly loyal

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #71 on: August 17, 2009, 10:16:21 AM »
I refuse to.
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #72 on: August 17, 2009, 10:36:28 AM »
In a way, that picture almost works.

« Reply #73 on: June 11, 2010, 06:40:04 PM »
Reminder: The Club Nintendo year ends June 30, so fill out those surveys.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #74 on: June 12, 2010, 07:50:37 AM »

AM I DOAN IT RITE
every

« Reply #75 on: July 02, 2010, 05:46:34 PM »
No problem this year: there's only one choice.

« Reply #76 on: July 02, 2010, 06:12:27 PM »
My desire for that figurine set is immeasurable. Unless I finally come across a working code generator Nintendo releases a flurry of first-party titles this year, it might not come within my reach.

« Reply #77 on: July 03, 2010, 12:41:51 AM »
You'll also need a timemachine since these are the rewards for this year which ended three days ago.

« Reply #78 on: July 03, 2010, 01:10:24 AM »
Oh.

[dukar].

I hadn't updated my account since ordering the Mario cap, so every thought pertaining to Club Nintendo slipped from my memory until now. I wouldn't have had enough Coins anyway, though, so whatever.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #79 on: July 03, 2010, 07:43:21 AM »
I'm digging that Samus calendar, but will one like it even be available this year/next year?  For that matter, how many games would I have to buy to get it?

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #80 on: July 03, 2010, 09:34:18 AM »
For goodness sake. The Luigi on that figure is in the exact same pose as an already existing Luigi figure. It's a nice pose and all, but...

As for me, I don't get games very often and, even with all the codes I got from family members, I wouldn't have enough. So I never registered a single game this year.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #81 on: July 03, 2010, 11:13:45 AM »
You can still use the coins you'd get for the other items. Although there hasn't been anything particularly desirable yet.

« Reply #82 on: July 03, 2010, 01:48:18 PM »
For that matter, how many games would I have to buy to get it?

A Gold membership requires at least 300 Coins. That's ten DS games or six Wii games in one year. The only reason I could afford the Mario cap was because I registered two years' worth of games, including some whose codes were "donated" by my cousin.

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #83 on: July 03, 2010, 02:47:10 PM »
You can still use the coins you'd get for the other items. Although there hasn't been anything particularly desirable yet.
Well aware. I just meant getting enough to get gold/platinum.

CrossEyed7

« Reply #84 on: July 03, 2010, 04:49:13 PM »
You could actually get Platinum status for about $270 by buying a DSi and 44 200-point games.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #85 on: July 03, 2010, 08:19:19 PM »
A Gold membership requires at least 300 Coins. That's ten DS games or six Wii games in one year. The only reason I could afford the Mario cap was because I registered two years' worth of games, including some whose codes were "donated" by my cousin.
So, if I registered every Wii/DS game I own, I could conceivably get a cool Samus swimsuit calendar.  If one is ever available again.

« Reply #86 on: July 04, 2010, 09:12:07 AM »
Cheer up. I'm sure someone will post images online after getting this years calendar. :)

« Reply #87 on: July 05, 2010, 04:04:59 AM »
So, if I registered every Wii/DS game I own, I could conceivably get a cool Samus swimsuit calendar.  If one is ever available again.

Take a closer look. The calender includes various Nintendo characters, and this one is last years model anyway.

Also, I got my Mario trophy in the mail. I'm glad I held off from registering them last year.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #88 on: July 05, 2010, 02:52:21 PM »
I hate you so much for calling it a trophy. ;~;

Anyways, I've reached Gold membership for this year.

« Reply #89 on: July 08, 2011, 02:27:33 PM »

The site seems to be broken right now though; it errors when I try to click to accept.

« Reply #90 on: July 08, 2011, 02:35:35 PM »
Those badges are pretty boss, but I'm nowhere near the required 600 Coins...

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #91 on: July 08, 2011, 02:36:43 PM »
Mario & Friends Pin Set

-insert picture of Mario surrounded by bloobers and spinies and bowsers here
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #92 on: July 08, 2011, 02:54:36 PM »
IT'S LIKE I'M REALLY ON THE SMAS TITLE SCREEN

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #93 on: July 08, 2011, 03:03:40 PM »
I didn't register NOTHIN' this year. Last year's prize was very nice but I don't have a lot of use for 25 (!!!) cheap buttons with Super Mario Bros. sprites on them. So I'm not disappointed. Next year I'll have more stuff plus what I bought within this last year/what I had last year and didn't register after getting Platinum status. Here's hoping next year's is a real Ice Arrow set
It's YOUR problem!

CrossEyed7

« Reply #94 on: July 08, 2011, 03:22:39 PM »
In retrospect, I kinda wish I'd gotten Punch-Out, if only because my head is too big for hats.

« Reply #95 on: July 09, 2011, 11:31:46 AM »
I think I'm gonna turn those buttons into *****in' fridge magnets. 
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #96 on: July 10, 2011, 03:36:13 PM »
I ordered my Pins a little while ago and got a beautiful email basically telling me to expect them to be shipped by the end of this year. Fun.
I'm a horrible person.

Print