Print

Author Topic: Obligatory Zelda Topic  (Read 18542 times)

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #60 on: July 02, 2010, 05:04:17 PM »
Four Swords Adventure, 4-player
And assuming that I don't have three friends with GBAs and Link Cables (Heh) and am, in fact, playing said games on an emulator?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #61 on: July 02, 2010, 05:06:11 PM »
Minish Cap, BTW, is the worst sprite-based portable Zelda.

How so?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #62 on: July 03, 2010, 04:50:42 PM »
It's one of the least-awesome, yes, but I don't think "worst" is the right word.
every

« Reply #63 on: July 03, 2010, 04:57:08 PM »
least-awesome

Perhaps you, unlike LD, will answer: How so?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #64 on: July 03, 2010, 05:03:19 PM »
It wasn't Four Swords.
every

« Reply #65 on: July 03, 2010, 05:23:09 PM »
Four Swords didn't actually exist. All "screenshots" and information relating to it were fabricated to make unsuspecting ALttP GBA players believe that they had bought two games. Sammy Davis, Jr. finding another one-eyed Jewish black midget is more likely than two fellow Zelda players getting together in order to play FS.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #66 on: July 03, 2010, 06:22:30 PM »
I almost played it with a girl once back in high school, but she forgot to bring her cart.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #67 on: July 03, 2010, 06:33:16 PM »
I bought a used copy for the explicit purpose of playing it with my brother.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #68 on: July 03, 2010, 06:39:04 PM »
I almost played it with a girl once back in high school, but she forgot to bring her cart.

That's the best euphemism I've ever heard.

CrossEyed7

« Reply #69 on: July 03, 2010, 08:33:38 PM »
(Wind Waker spoilers, in case you haven't finished it yet, in which case you should stop reading right now and go play it)

You know that tombstone that Michael Jelvis danced in front of on Windfall Island? I haven't tried making out the name on it yet (there's some grass in front of it), but, using this key (from the Japanese manual), it says "821 - 894" at the top. So Wind Waker takes place in at least the year 894 of whatever year system they use over there. How long after 894 it is might depend on who's in that grave -- maybe the founder of Windfall Island Town?

It's mentioned later in the game that the land has been flooded for "hundreds of years." It's not described as "thousands" or "over a thousand", so it's probably 900 or less. So the year system would apparently be based either on the date of the flood itself or of something before the flood (Creation? The Hero of Time?).

Just something interesting that I couldn't find anyone else on the internet talking about (not that I looked super hard).
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #70 on: July 03, 2010, 09:49:52 PM »

CrossEyed7

« Reply #71 on: July 03, 2010, 11:05:02 PM »
Dang, that's an awesome reference if it was intentional.

Here lies Link.
it is commonly believed the grave is a reference to Link.
lol

Let's see... First of all, I screwed up; it's actually 831 - 894.

The name(?) is two lines. A few letters are partially covered by grass and hard to match. I think it says "Idainareno Baijiyushiku", but I'm really unsure on a couple of those letters. No Google hits on that name, nor on the smaller portions I've tried of letters I'm most certain of.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 11:09:08 PM by CrossEyed7 »

« Reply #72 on: July 03, 2010, 11:27:20 PM »
"Idainareno Baijiyushiku"

This seems like a job for Suffix.

CrossEyed7

« Reply #73 on: July 04, 2010, 12:31:50 AM »
Whaddya know, once I Googled 831 instead of 821, I found something about it.

That guy thinks it's "Idai Naru Geijutsuka," which translates as "to become a great artist."

I had a feeling "Jiyu" was supposed to combine into "Ju," but I couldn't remember. The first line could definitely end with "Naru" rather than "Nareno" (a Re and a No right next to each other are hard to tell apart from a Ru), that last letter on the bottom could be a lot of different stuff. Ge or Ba for the first letter of the second line seems to be a tossup with the grass cover the way it is. I'm pretty certain that the second-to-last letter on the bottom is Shi, not Tsu (hard to tell in the screenshot at that link, but I thought it seemed a bit clearer in person), but those letters are so [darn] similar and the texture is kinda blurry.

« Reply #74 on: July 04, 2010, 12:46:16 AM »
Even more. Most interesting is how Phantom Ganon's sword is inscribed with the names of Majora's Mask characters.

As it turns out, there's no shortage of discussion on the matter.

Print