Print

Author Topic: WarpRattler's Gaming Challenge  (Read 22918 times)

« Reply #75 on: November 23, 2011, 12:32:43 AM »
Yeah I found it right after asking. Different question, what's magna save?

Also I can't figure out those FFFFFFFing magnets on the multiball panels.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #76 on: November 23, 2011, 12:44:02 AM »
I did a bit of research just now and found that when Magna Save is charged, you can hold the launch button to pull the ball toward the center of the table. I wish I had known this sooner (i.e. when we were playing this for competition).

The magnets on the puzzle cube work the same way; you need to play around with the ball's momentum to get it to launch into the hole. It's rather tricky and I mostly just didn't bother with it.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #77 on: November 23, 2011, 01:53:48 AM »
I only ever used Levitation.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #78 on: November 23, 2011, 02:09:33 AM »
Levitation is weird because you have to hit that floating ball. I'm sticking with the four sinkholes.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #79 on: November 23, 2011, 03:15:46 AM »
Levitation is the easiest one to consistently earn and doesn't require hitting four sinkholes (far easier said than done).

« Reply #80 on: November 23, 2011, 03:56:22 AM »
Nah, hitting the four sinkholes isn't hard at all. Just make sure for the bottom two that the slanted pieces are pointing the right way. Plus then once you get them all, it's like gay sex with Lance Armstrong

three balls at once

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #81 on: November 23, 2011, 04:12:04 AM »
I fully expect to see your top score being four times as high as mine after I get back from my 360-free weekend, then.

(Still need more suggestions, guys!)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #82 on: November 23, 2011, 05:15:59 AM »
Hmm games I am good at that involve pppointsss hmmmmn

Tetris Attack.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #83 on: November 23, 2011, 07:45:00 AM »
You guys didn't know about Magna Save? Well, you didn't miss much. Just as often as it saves the ball it gets stuck on the flipper and you lose the ball anyway.

And I do not enjoy the Marvel set.

How about the old Tetris? GB Camera Juggle? Doom?
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #84 on: November 23, 2011, 08:32:38 AM »
The Marvel tables seem like they're going to require an ungodly amount of practice to be enjoyable.

BP, the idea is to suggest games we're not already good at, and Tetris Attack doesn't fit the bill.

And ignoring the massive existing skill gap we'd have to deal with if we tried to play it, any version of Tetris that doesn't have "The Grand Master" in the title was ruined for me some time ago.

« Reply #85 on: November 23, 2011, 06:43:43 PM »
You guys didn't know about Magna Save? Well, you didn't miss much. Just as often as it saves the ball it gets stuck on the flipper and you lose the ball anyway.
Bro, you are Doing It Wrong. You gotta flip the flippers up while you magna save so the ball rides them up into the play field.

Holy butts magna save is a godsend.

« Reply #86 on: November 23, 2011, 08:41:53 PM »
113M isn't four times your score, but it's certainly higher. Then again, it's only been 24 hours since I started playing.

I got 108M on the first two balls.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #87 on: November 24, 2011, 02:12:20 AM »
I rescind my previous statement about Marvel Pinball, or at least about one of its tables. This was my second credit of Spider-Man ever:

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #88 on: November 24, 2011, 02:20:32 AM »
any version of Tetris that doesn't have "The Grand Master" in the title was ruined for me some time ago.

You're just saying that for an excuse to play panel de pon instead
It's YOUR problem!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #89 on: November 24, 2011, 02:28:39 AM »
That was in response to CoconutMikeNIke's suggestion of GB Tetris, not your suggestion of Tetris Attack. Panel de Pon and any other version of that game would have the same problem already mentioned in my response to your suggestion.

Print