Print

Author Topic: Next-Gen stinks  (Read 17971 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« on: October 13, 2005, 01:12:28 PM »
By now you've heard of all the new "next-generation" consoles coming out. Sadly, they all suck. I mean, the games look like they kick butt, but the systems themselves...ugh:

Xbox 360 - Comes in only two flavors: An absurdley expensive $300 package without the fabled hard drive, meaning no backward compatability with the Xbox, or the ultra-absurdley expensive $400 with the hard drive and everything else. Shouldn't all these be STANDARD?!

PlayStation 3 - While no official price has been set (at least publically), it is expected to be about $300-$500, but as one package. And it STILL comes with no hard drive! No game saves for you!

Revolution - Don't think you Nintendo fans are off the hook. Nintendo hasn't actually revealed squat about the system...except that it's basically a GameCube with some stupid wierdo controller. The tiny morsels of tech specs are pretty much identical to the GameCube's, and that controller...it can't possibly be usable. It's shaped like a DVD remote and comes with a detachable analog stick, but -surprise, surprise- you can't play DVDs on it without a special bulky DVD attachment that sticks out and costs a lot of money. Hey, if I want a GameCube with a weird controller, I'll just buy one at GameStop and try to control it with a potato.

The "Phantom" - Hahaha, you're kidding, right? It's probably a hoax.

Yes, these views are very opinionated and I'll probably get a lot of flak from fans of all three current-gen systems, but remember the golden rule: If you don't like someone's view, then don't try to change it by complaining.

-------------------------------------
"How are you gentlemen !! All your base are belong to us !! You are on the way to destruction. You have no chance to survive make your time. HA HA HA HA ...."
-Cats, Zero Wing (Genesis)
every

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2005, 01:39:07 PM »
I actually support all those opinions... Minus one.

Once again, you've denouced the Nintendo controller as a freak of product engineering... A potato... Heheheh. I seriously don't think you can quite imagine how such a controller would feel yet. I think we've been over this before.

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2005, 02:04:09 PM »
If you haven't actually TRIED the controller, you shouldn't give your opinion on it.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2005, 02:10:51 PM »
Something on the forums said that the DVD feature for the Rev. would be built in, and you chose if you want the DVD player built in.

Other Guy: Well thats because someone''s cat was strangled on the phone line.
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2005, 02:32:46 PM »
> PlayStation 3 - While no official price has been set (at least publically), it is expected to be about $300-$500, but as one package. And it STILL comes with no hard drive! No game saves for you!

You do realize we have these inventions called memory cards, right?

Lizards in zoos are really dudes - dudes using disguises everyday.

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2005, 02:34:48 PM »
Good one LD!!

I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2005, 03:27:29 PM »
> Yes, these views are very opinionated and I'll probably get a lot of flak from fans of all three current-gen systems, but remember the golden rule: If you don't like someone's view, then don't try to change it by complaining.

Yes. I do agree that this is your opinion but have you even tried all the systems yet?

> Nintendo hasn't revealed squat.

Of coure they didn't and you're saying they stink about that? Do you judge before you see? Do you assume that something in development looks dissapointing do you think the developers will not chage it in the next few months? (Maybe not the X360 because it comes out this year.)

The most important rule: Don't judge a book by it's cover.

Someone should close this and re-open it (if it's possible.) when all the next-gen systems come out and we'll see if they have all these mistakes.

EDIT-Stupid. I forgot to check HTML.
EDIT2-If I check HTML, my message will be bunched together.

Mario and Luigi They’re our men, if they can’t triple-jump and ground-pound no one can!

Edited by - Aarom11 on 10/13/2005 4:07:49 PM

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2005, 03:59:08 PM »
The new Aarom11 strikes again. Good job!

I'm a horrible person.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2005, 04:41:21 PM »
Use
 and <p> to create spaces, Aarom.

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2005, 05:08:43 PM »
Where do you put
?

Mario and Luigi They’re our men, if they can’t triple-jump and ground-pound no one can!

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2005, 06:11:50 PM »

just creates one new line. <p> makes two.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2005, 06:35:12 PM »
:. Hey, if I want a GameCube with a weird controller, I'll just buy one at GameStop and try to control it with a potato.

My vote for the funniest quote of the year.

Johnny thought he was a chemist, but dosen''t any more,
What he thought was H2O was H2SO4!

Edited by - Koopaslaya on 10/13/2005 5:37:04 PM

Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2005, 07:59:32 PM »
Weird? Or interesting? I vote for "interesting."

Me: Hooray, it''s raining money and double apostrophes!!!
Mom: Wake up or you''ll miss the bus.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2005, 11:40:27 PM »
Way to judge without trying the things yet.

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2005, 01:37:06 PM »
> A GameCube with some stupid wierdo controller.

I have a positve thing to say about the controller.

Are you left handed? are you tired of the analog stick always being on the left? Introducing the Nintendo Revolution! The controller includes an analog stick attached by a cord. So you can play with the stick on your right or left hand! This way non-gamers will enjoy playing by holding the controller any way you want!

Edit- I put Nintendo the Revolution.

Edited by - Aarom11 on 10/14/2005 12:38:29 PM

Print