Print

Author Topic: Next-Gen stinks  (Read 17874 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« on: October 13, 2005, 01:12:28 PM »
By now you've heard of all the new "next-generation" consoles coming out. Sadly, they all suck. I mean, the games look like they kick butt, but the systems themselves...ugh:

Xbox 360 - Comes in only two flavors: An absurdley expensive $300 package without the fabled hard drive, meaning no backward compatability with the Xbox, or the ultra-absurdley expensive $400 with the hard drive and everything else. Shouldn't all these be STANDARD?!

PlayStation 3 - While no official price has been set (at least publically), it is expected to be about $300-$500, but as one package. And it STILL comes with no hard drive! No game saves for you!

Revolution - Don't think you Nintendo fans are off the hook. Nintendo hasn't actually revealed squat about the system...except that it's basically a GameCube with some stupid wierdo controller. The tiny morsels of tech specs are pretty much identical to the GameCube's, and that controller...it can't possibly be usable. It's shaped like a DVD remote and comes with a detachable analog stick, but -surprise, surprise- you can't play DVDs on it without a special bulky DVD attachment that sticks out and costs a lot of money. Hey, if I want a GameCube with a weird controller, I'll just buy one at GameStop and try to control it with a potato.

The "Phantom" - Hahaha, you're kidding, right? It's probably a hoax.

Yes, these views are very opinionated and I'll probably get a lot of flak from fans of all three current-gen systems, but remember the golden rule: If you don't like someone's view, then don't try to change it by complaining.

-------------------------------------
"How are you gentlemen !! All your base are belong to us !! You are on the way to destruction. You have no chance to survive make your time. HA HA HA HA ...."
-Cats, Zero Wing (Genesis)
every

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2005, 01:39:07 PM »
I actually support all those opinions... Minus one.

Once again, you've denouced the Nintendo controller as a freak of product engineering... A potato... Heheheh. I seriously don't think you can quite imagine how such a controller would feel yet. I think we've been over this before.

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2005, 02:04:09 PM »
If you haven't actually TRIED the controller, you shouldn't give your opinion on it.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2005, 02:10:51 PM »
Something on the forums said that the DVD feature for the Rev. would be built in, and you chose if you want the DVD player built in.

Other Guy: Well thats because someone''s cat was strangled on the phone line.
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2005, 02:32:46 PM »
> PlayStation 3 - While no official price has been set (at least publically), it is expected to be about $300-$500, but as one package. And it STILL comes with no hard drive! No game saves for you!

You do realize we have these inventions called memory cards, right?

Lizards in zoos are really dudes - dudes using disguises everyday.

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2005, 02:34:48 PM »
Good one LD!!

I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2005, 03:27:29 PM »
> Yes, these views are very opinionated and I'll probably get a lot of flak from fans of all three current-gen systems, but remember the golden rule: If you don't like someone's view, then don't try to change it by complaining.

Yes. I do agree that this is your opinion but have you even tried all the systems yet?

> Nintendo hasn't revealed squat.

Of coure they didn't and you're saying they stink about that? Do you judge before you see? Do you assume that something in development looks dissapointing do you think the developers will not chage it in the next few months? (Maybe not the X360 because it comes out this year.)

The most important rule: Don't judge a book by it's cover.

Someone should close this and re-open it (if it's possible.) when all the next-gen systems come out and we'll see if they have all these mistakes.

EDIT-Stupid. I forgot to check HTML.
EDIT2-If I check HTML, my message will be bunched together.

Mario and Luigi They’re our men, if they can’t triple-jump and ground-pound no one can!

Edited by - Aarom11 on 10/13/2005 4:07:49 PM

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2005, 03:59:08 PM »
The new Aarom11 strikes again. Good job!

I'm a horrible person.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2005, 04:41:21 PM »
Use
 and <p> to create spaces, Aarom.

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2005, 05:08:43 PM »
Where do you put
?

Mario and Luigi They’re our men, if they can’t triple-jump and ground-pound no one can!

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2005, 06:11:50 PM »

just creates one new line. <p> makes two.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2005, 06:35:12 PM »
:. Hey, if I want a GameCube with a weird controller, I'll just buy one at GameStop and try to control it with a potato.

My vote for the funniest quote of the year.

Johnny thought he was a chemist, but dosen''t any more,
What he thought was H2O was H2SO4!

Edited by - Koopaslaya on 10/13/2005 5:37:04 PM

Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2005, 07:59:32 PM »
Weird? Or interesting? I vote for "interesting."

Me: Hooray, it''s raining money and double apostrophes!!!
Mom: Wake up or you''ll miss the bus.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2005, 11:40:27 PM »
Way to judge without trying the things yet.

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2005, 01:37:06 PM »
> A GameCube with some stupid wierdo controller.

I have a positve thing to say about the controller.

Are you left handed? are you tired of the analog stick always being on the left? Introducing the Nintendo Revolution! The controller includes an analog stick attached by a cord. So you can play with the stick on your right or left hand! This way non-gamers will enjoy playing by holding the controller any way you want!

Edit- I put Nintendo the Revolution.

Edited by - Aarom11 on 10/14/2005 12:38:29 PM

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2005, 01:44:16 PM »
> it's basically a GameCube

This is not true.  It will be more powerful than GameCube.

> a special bulky DVD attachment that sticks out and costs a lot of money.

This is not true, either.  The attachment is supposed to be internal.

> that controller...it can't possibly be usable

Have you even watched the promotional video or read the impressions of people who have actually played it?  Both would point to this statement being untrue as well.

> these views are very opinionated

That's fine... but there's a difference between opinion and just being plain wrong.

Edited by - MegaByte on 10/14/2005 12:45:02 PM

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2005, 01:47:24 PM »
I bet Glorb's just mad because his Bowser the ladies man and his I apologize threads have been closed.

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2005, 01:48:46 PM »
How can you say something before trying it?

Edited by - Aarom11 on 10/14/2005 1:08:19 PM

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2005, 01:54:23 PM »
I really didn't need to post this.

Next time don't.  Your prolific unecessary posting is cause for removal from this forum.  Stop it.

Edited by - LuigisOn on 10/14/2005 1:11:40 PM

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2005, 02:07:29 PM »
Sorry, I'm just happy that I didn't need to edit my post.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2005, 04:00:43 PM »
Sorry, I'm just happy that I didn't need to edit my post.

That's what the post before mine says.

"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2005, 04:17:40 PM »
XD

Time slowed and Reality bent.
But on and on the Eggman went.

« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2005, 04:24:07 PM »
MegaByte, I already mentioned that DVD problem,  I just wanted to say that so you know.

I'm a horrible person.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2005, 04:31:44 PM »
Glorb: "it's basically a GameCube"

MegaByte: "This is not true.  It will be more powerful than GameCube."

• The GameCube has a single-threaded PowerPC processor running at 485 MHZ. The Revolution's dual-threaded processor running at 2.5 GHZ should be at least 10 times faster.
  • The GameCube has 24 MB of RAM. The Revolution will have about 20 times more RAM with 512 MB.
  • The video card in the GameCube has 16 MB of video RAM, while the Revolution has 256 MB, or 16 times more.
  • The graphics card in the GameCube runs at 162 MHZ. In the Revolution it runs at 600 MHZ, about four times faster.
  • The GameCube is able to paint about 20 million polygons per second. The Revolution will be able to create over 100 million per second and they will be realistically shaded.
  • Unlike the GameCube, the Revolution will be able to play DVDs.
  • The Revolution will also using completely redesigned wireless game controller.

Source:  http://entertainment.howstuffworks.com/nintendo-revolution.htm/printable

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2005, 06:38:29 PM »
> MegaByte, I already mentioned that DVD problem, I just wanted to say that so you know.

You said it was built-in.  It's not.  There is a piece that you must buy, though it will be an internal attachment.  That's not the same thing as built-in.  And in any case, what was the point of posting that response?  I can read the whole thread very well, thank you.

« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2005, 09:22:15 PM »
I'm going to walk on the fence and say that all three systems will rock in one way or another (except for maybe the $$$).  A good quote I heard about Rev, "When you turn it on and see the graphics and hear the sound you will say 'Wow!'"  I'll believe that person and bet the Rev(enge) will be that good.  I hope that it doesn't lack any important features though.  Sorry that I'm too lazy to use exact quotes and names.

(E I):o{D___(--I I):o(D___(o 8(= P)___(= (:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )

Edited by - Yoshisaurus Rex on 10/14/2005 8:22:56 PM
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2005, 09:52:45 PM »
Oh, sorry. I just heard that on another topic, so it could have been wrong still.

I'm a horrible person.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2005, 10:41:22 PM »
I can't freakin wait to get a Revolution. Too bad my mom said she wouldn't get me any new Nintendo consoles for Christmas... Crap. I need money. I have $20.49. I must not buy any crap until I jhave enough for the Revolution. Now how do 13-year-olds make money...

It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2005, 11:01:03 PM »
Um, paper boy?

Lizards in zoos are really dudes - dudes using disguises everyday.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2005, 11:06:43 PM »
I live in the freakin middle of nowhere.

It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2005, 08:26:06 AM »
Do you get an allowance? If you do, I suggest that you can do these things.

-Don't waste electricity or water.
-Sell your NES to N64 games. You can play them again right?

« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2005, 08:55:14 AM »
I got a job at 13.

I quit at 14. I'm 16 now, and unemployed. I don't know how I'll be purchasing the Revolution, but I'm not looking that far down the road.

« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2005, 09:01:21 AM »
Good luck getting it!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2005, 01:08:27 PM »
I can't sell my NES games. They belong to my cousin.
I want to work at the pet store (you know, cause of the birds) but I'd have to wait until I was 18 and I'd also have to work with spiders....
And even if I did get a job it would end up being community service hours. I need 18 more.

It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2005, 01:18:44 PM »
"The tiny morsels of tech specs are pretty much identical to the GameCube's, and that controller...it can't possibly be usable. It's shaped like a DVD remote and comes with a detachable analog stick, but -surprise, surprise- you can't play DVDs on it without a special bulky DVD attachment that sticks out and costs a lot of money. Hey, if I want a GameCube with a weird controller, I'll just buy one at GameStop and try to control it with a potato."

I agree. The other day, I picked up my DVD remote and said, "There is no way I'll be able to play anything with this......" Why can't the blasted thing look and feel like the Gamecube controler? It was almost perfect.

I''m-a Luigi! Number-a one!
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2005, 01:36:51 PM »
But seriously, the REV's controller can be suitable for leftys and rightys.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2005, 01:50:08 PM »
Okay, to answer the DVD conundrum: NO!! THERE WILL NOT BE DVD SUPPORT! It HAS been confirmed by Nintendo themselves that the Revolution will not play DVDs, and I quote Satoru Iwata on this, "We don't want them [the consumers] to spend extra money just to have the DVD-player capability." Never mind that adding DVD support is not only practically required these days and that it adds only about $10 to the overall price, but the DVD player option is sold seperately. And it will cost much more than $10. Not that I don't like Nintendo (I love them) but I seriously doubt their logic sometimes.
Like when they refused Sony's deal to make the PlayStation an SNES add-on and ultimately lost the SNES's credibility.
Or when they decided to keep the cartridges for the N64, driving up game costs to well over $60 and making the PS one more popular again, this time dethroning Nintendo as the king of video game hardware.
Or when they gave the GameCube that wierd button layout. Okay, I admit, I'm just a big grouch when it comes to nonconventional button layouts, but still...

"How are you gentlemen !! All your base are belong to us !! You are on the way to destruction. You have no chance to survive make your time. HA HA HA HA ...."
every

« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2005, 01:54:21 PM »
1. You're shouting.
2. The REV will play DVDs. There are 2 slots for the CDs
3. While I do know that this is your opinion, Do you judge before you try? It's like saying vegetables suck without trying them.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2005, 03:17:53 PM »
I wish you were all depressed grownups, then none of this would matter & you'd be more mature.

Yes, Luigison is a grownup, but not depressed, as far as I know.  That's the thing, I don't know, so I can't make any claims on it.

“Of all the people I know, it is expected that Watoad will say ‘cheese’ first.”

« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2005, 04:33:07 PM »
I agree with Glorb 100%.

I have absolutely no faith in the next generation of systems, because the current generation wasn't that good at all.  Even though I hate PS2 and XBOX, I can't say that I really found a lot of GameCube games that I enjoyed.

The new systems look fancy, are expensive, but I doubt they will deliver anything magical or original that is really eye-catching.  I predict a lot more spin-offs and crappy sequels.

I have no intentions of buying a revolution, not because I don't like Nintendo, but because I doubt that it will be an outstanding system with a lot of good games.  NES and SNES took that cake, and they haven't been able to live up to those two magical consoles.

« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2005, 05:13:03 PM »
Isn't the REV going come out in 2 bundles?

Edited by - Aarom11 on 10/15/2005 4:26:05 PM

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2005, 05:19:49 PM »
When Satoru Iwata said "We don't want them [the consumers] to spend extra money just to have the DVD-player capability," he meant was forced to. If you don't want a Revolution with DVD capability, fine; you'll pay less. With the DVD adapter, you'll pay a bit more. Yeesh.

« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2005, 05:24:42 PM »
There is no reason to argue. These are all people's opinions and they may be wrong, but people believe what they want to believe. I mean that Toddathon said he didn't like New School. Sure I was mad a little, but that's what he believes. I would let that opinion go. Why do you care about what other people say? Well, you can argue if it's wrong, but if it's a statement like Toddathon's, just let it go.

« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2005, 10:00:39 PM »
Glorb's entitled to his opinion, yes.

We don't have to agree with it, though.

« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2005, 03:25:46 PM »
I definately don't "hate" new school.  In fact I do enjoy a portion of it, but I must admit that it just isn't what I used to be.  They used to deliver so much more for so much less, and the games were catchier and more re-playable back then.  Now it seems like they're not even trying anymore.  I mean they don't have time for one more platform Mario game, yet they can come out with Mario Party's 4-7, baseball, tennis, golf, etc.

« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2005, 03:27:38 PM »
I'm sure over a few years Nintendo will return to that idea. I think they're trying to find a different audience than the ones they had in 1985-1995.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2005, 03:31:57 PM »
Another excellent point. Nintendo may swing back.

« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2005, 03:44:31 PM »
This is an off-topic post, but whenever I come here during the weekdays, people don't post mush but on weekends, they post like crazy!

« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2005, 03:51:01 PM »
> I mean they don't have time for one more platform Mario game, yet they can come out with Mario Party's 4-7, baseball, tennis, golf, etc.

This is also true. after SM64, I started getting bored of the platformers because they only came out with one and it wasn't what I expected. (SMS) Then I played the spin-offs and I was thinking: Nintendo can't make another Adventure?

Well the reason spin-offs come out is because the Second Parties keep Developing them. (Hudson, Namco, etc.) Nintendo doesn't have much to do with these games except that they are publishing them. PM is an exception though.

At least we know 2 main games are coming soon!

Edit- This was a double post so I put a different message.

Edited by - Aarom11 on 10/16/2005 2:52:32 PM

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2005, 05:17:33 PM »
...None of these statements have had an effect on me. I'm still getting a revolution. I've been having dreams about owning a Revolution. Then I wake up and I interject. I'm just glad that this time I don't have to buy a game to go with it: I've still got cube games!

It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2005, 05:41:44 PM »
Hooray for you.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2005, 06:46:25 PM »
I've been having nightmares about my history teacher.

...I need to study for that test.

« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2005, 06:58:19 PM »
If you're taking a test and if this isn't a joke, I suggest you sleep instead of staying up late to study.

« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2005, 11:18:46 PM »
I'm a little surprised no one has added the explanations for the high prices of the PS3 and XBox 360. There's 2 different XBox360 bundles because Microsoft is aiming at both the casual crowd and its droids. The PS3 has a high price not only because it's the most powerful machine in the next gen but because they're experimenting with a new type of disc technology that could be either the standard after DVD is phased out or it could go the way of the Beta-Max.

Don't sell your NES, SNES or N64. Just because the Revo has the ability to download old games doesn't mean all of them will be there. Obviously the 1st and 2nd party titles will be there but there is bound to be licensing problems with others.

« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2005, 01:25:36 PM »
I personally like the Nintendo Revolution's Controller. One reason is beacuse I can finally get some excersise, no more "Get off that sofa and get on that weight bench!!", I'll just say, "Mom, I'll just push in Punch-Out." Fun and healthy!! Also, interactivity has been Nintendo's main priority this season, with the DS toch-screen, now this!! JUst imagine, playing The Legend of Zelda, Ocirina of Time with that controller. *sigh* It's too long too wait. But the price zone is bothering me. I can't even afford Burnoput 3 right now, for $20!! Better start saving Christmas money...

I''''m not always who I am but I am what I say I am!
Most Wishy-Washy

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2005, 02:33:30 PM »
I actually should have seen all this coming. This topic is up to 55 replies (this one included), but 99% of the them are about my Revolution complaints, because you are all (gasp!) Nintendo fans. Fine with me, but it's a bit odd when you agree with my views on the 360 and PS3 but flip out when I say the Revolution's controller stinks. I can tell you now, I don't like it because it's not normal-looking. Yes, this view is astoundingly opinionated and not at all a good reason not to buy one, but I stand by it. You know why? I was raised on the Super Nintendo and Genesis. True, I missed out on the NES generation, but I loved the Genesis's ergonomic controller design, and, just because of that, I loved the Xbox's and the PS2's and the GameCube's (except for that button placement). Now I see this freaky wireless DVD remote/detachable analog stick-shell thingy, and I just don't like it. But my opinions have practical basis, too: It will probably scare off third-party developers. When Splinter Cell 4 comes out, chances are it'll be for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC only - no Revolution. Because for the 360 and PS3 you've got the standard comfy controller design we all know and love, the PC has the keyboard and mouse configuration we all know and love, but then the Revolution has a VCR remote. Heck, for all I know, the Revolution could sell a squajillion units, eventually dominating the universe and putting Microsoft and Sony out of business (I know that's your dream, so don't lecture me on it). Or it could be shunned by the mainstream, causing Nintendo to lower the price to around $50 just as it begins to die a horrible death. Who knows?

every

« Reply #56 on: October 17, 2005, 03:12:48 PM »
1. If this is a Mario board, what do you think that most of the complaints will be for?
2.Once again, you are judging before trying.
3.Nintendo Revolution will probably sell well because Nintendo wants non-games to play too.
4.People in Japan has already enjoyed it.

If you do get a REV, you'll probably like it. Way to bash before you try it.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #57 on: October 17, 2005, 03:34:34 PM »
Well yes, I'll admit that there weren't a huge variety of great gamecube games. But I don't regret getting one because there were incredible games like SSBM and PMTTYD. I enjoyed playing SMS even though it had the crappiest plot EVER, and LM even though it was very very short. So to be truthful I'll probably get SSB3, M128, and if it's out, PM3. And I'llprobably download a few old games that I don't have. So whatever. I've always wanted a DVD player, too. And maybe they were saving the really good ideas for the Revolution.

Corn is no place for a mighty warrior!

Edited by - Bird Person on 10/17/2005 3:17:43 PM
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2005, 03:48:23 PM »
"The new systems look fancy, are expensive, but I doubt they will deliver anything magical or original that is really eye-catching.  I predict a lot more spin-offs and crappy sequels."

Don't forget that Nintendo is making a new franchise too so there will also be new types of games to look forward to.  My guess is that it will be for older players since they already have a ton of games for younger players.

And about controller complaints: didn't someone say the custom controller that works with the 3 previous generations will also play Rev or was that just the 3?

Even if the Rev got blow'd up and blow'd down spontaneously from people who hate it, Nintendo could still survive for awhile with Game Boy and DS games.  Then maybe they would just make a regular controller like GC for the Revolution and ta-da!  No more whining about the weird controller and no more cool innovative tricks either.

If 3rd parties can get a lot of money from changing a few control options in the games then I doubt they'll have much to complain about.  We'll have to see how it all starts but I'll put my money on a huge comeback.  Dat's why I call it the Rev-enge, nyah!

One question: How on Earth will stores set up the controller for the demo so that it's attached to the game case but also free enough to let you move it wherever you want?

(E I):o{D___(--I I):o(D___(o 8(= P)___(= (:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )

Edited by - Yoshisaurus Rex on 10/22/2005 11:33:01 AM
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #59 on: October 17, 2005, 04:50:47 PM »
That's a good thought.

Most Wishy-Washy

« Reply #60 on: October 17, 2005, 06:01:15 PM »
I don't get why people think Nintendo will die after this is released. Nintendo is like the Microsoft of Japan, they have tons of money. If the console does take back seat, it won't be a huge blow for them, they can always get back up on their feet.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #61 on: October 17, 2005, 06:16:38 PM »
Ok, this is all well and good, BUT:

~ People who say "You can't say its bad if you never tried it." Woah there, using that logic, you also can't say it will be good either.

~People who say "Games will follow the trends of the older systems (e.g. repetitive Game Cube Games)." Ok, fair enough. But, you forget one thing-- did Geme Cube folow directly in the footsteps of the N64, and did the N64 follow directly in the footsteps of the SNES? No.

~ People who say "PS3 and XBOX 360 will be terrible. " Great for you. Remember, though, many casual gamers may be partisaned to those systems, because of the familiar feel to them and the "grown-up" tradition of the PS, PS2, and XBOX.

Now, don't get me wrong. I am completely--as of right now--unbiased to which system will reign supreme. We can not say much of anything about the Next Generation of Systems untill we try each and decide for ourselfs, AND the rest of the people do the same. We need to wait for sale stats, future titles, and most importantly, for the public opinion of these systems. That will ultimately determine what will happen, whether we like  the turnout or not.

It very well may turn out that the Revolution becomes extremely popular, that would be wonderfull. It also may turn out that the XBOX 360 and the PS3 dominate sales. That is OK too. Alot of this is about what you like, and why you like it.

It is most important that YOU are happy with the system(s) you choose. The sales comes later. Sure, a company could go out of business with a poor system. But I think that Nintendo is making a good gambit. Yet, going back to what I said before: we can not say mmuch until we actually PLAY these systems. Forget the videos and pictures. It is hwo the consumers respond to the new systems and how the three companies' strategies play out.

Who knows what will happen until all three are out and people begin to form opinions form ACTUALLY PLAYING that particular system.

Johnny thought he was a chemist, but dosen''t any more,
What he thought was H2O was H2SO4!
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #62 on: October 17, 2005, 06:52:00 PM »
^
The answer to everything.

The only problem is, people want to complain about other people's opinions.

« Reply #63 on: October 17, 2005, 07:26:09 PM »
Glorb also conviniently forget about the Controller Shell made for the Freehand to shut up whiners like him...

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #64 on: October 17, 2005, 09:07:45 PM »
I read a great interview, courtesty of Luigison, which most notably explained:

• Perrin Kaplan:
    "We’ve demonstrated the Revolution controller with key folks around the industry prior to unveiling it at TGS, and the reaction was extremely positive... It really is something you have to physically experience yourself to appreciate the impact the Revolution controller will have on the gaming industry.

Edited by - Suffix on 10/17/2005 8:17:13 PM

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #65 on: October 17, 2005, 11:42:43 PM »
I'm not just saying this because I'm a Nintendo desciple: But I have a feeling that the Revolution will be much more popular than the GameCube was (compared to the competition.) Like, 2nd place out of the 3, or a tie, since we can't deny that in the population, Gamecube was ignored. I don't know, maybe Microsoft will make a Halo that wasn't as good as the previous one. Because everyone you ask says: XBOX has Halo, w00t, Gamecube got Pwned. So halo's like the pillar holding XBOX above PS & Nintendo. I don't know. But I'm still getting a REV.

Also, weren't the old controllers supposed to be... plug-in-able?

Edited by - Bird Person on 10/17/2005 10:50:54 PM
It's YOUR problem!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #66 on: October 18, 2005, 08:12:31 AM »
"Glorb also conviniently forget about the Controller Shell made for the
Freehand to shut up whiners like him..."

First off, Wiggles, that sounds like the start of a flame war, which I, for one, am too mature to engage in.

If you mean the GameCube controller shell, that was a mockup by IGN.com to show what it MIGHT be like. It is not a fact, and if it were, then what would be the point of the Revolution controller? If there was a GC shell, then everyone'd just buy one and play games with a normal controller.

And guess what next-gen system I've decided to get? Nothing. I'll stick with my trusty Xbox and my good old PC, with my faithful GBA that currently has dead batteries. After you all sell your houses and still can't buy a 360 or PS3, or once you've bought a Revolution and train yourselves to enjoy it like little Nintendo mindslaves, I'll be sitting back, playing Halo on my Xbox, Doom on my PC, Super Mario Sunshine or Resident Evil 4 on my GameCube and something else on my GBA. Of course, I'll probably sell all those and get an Xbox 360 once it's cheaper, but who knows...

every

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #67 on: October 18, 2005, 08:34:51 AM »
"Everyone would just get a shell..."
Heck no! I love the look of that controller! I've even been practicing for it. Note the Gamecube controller is set down.

It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #68 on: October 18, 2005, 03:43:43 PM »
> I'll stick with my trusty Xbox and my good old PC, with my faithful GBA that currently has dead batteries. After you all sell your houses and still can't buy a 360 or PS3, or once you've bought a Revolution and train yourselves to enjoy it like little Nintendo mindslaves, I'll be sitting back, playing Halo on my Xbox, Doom on my PC, Super Mario Sunshine or Resident Evil 4 on my GameCube and something else on my GBA.

All right. We'll be here enjoying SSB tournaments, MK races, and MP parties.

Also, you should stop bashing Mr.Wiggles. You are immature to bash him. He's just making a statement about the Controller Shell. He said you forgot about it. (Which you did.) So you're the one who looks like starting a flame war because of our opinions about you.

Edited by - Aarom11 on 10/18/2005 2:49:03 PM

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #69 on: October 18, 2005, 05:05:45 PM »
Aarom. That was very good. Although I won't be enjoying Mario Party 35 with you, the SSB tournaments sound great.

But really, maybe I'm being overly enthusiastic... But I can't wait to use that controller. I already get the tickly feeling I got when I first used a Gamecube controller.

Edited by - Bird Person on 10/18/2005 10:08:05 PM
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #70 on: October 18, 2005, 05:28:39 PM »
You're right about the IGN mockup. HOWEVER, it has been confirmed by Nintendo that there is one in the works. No one knows whether it'll be packaged in or sold seperatly though, but knowing Nintendo, there'll probably be at least one packaged in with the system.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #71 on: October 19, 2005, 08:14:26 AM »
Incredible. This topic has grown to 71 posts now simply because people want to disagree with my Revolution opinions. And Aarom11, I am not "bashing" Mr. Wiggles. How does "please don't start a flame war over a pretend accesory" sound like bashing compared to "Glorb, you're a whiner, so shut up"?

every

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #72 on: October 19, 2005, 09:11:51 AM »
 Here's what I got from reading your posts, Glorb.

"I'm not looking forward to the Next-Gen at all. In fact, I'm better then everyone who is simply because I think they're all going to be a waste of time. I think I'll just enjoy my current systems while all of you validify your incorrect opinions, since the next generation looks so terrible. Oh, but I'll probably sell my current stuff when the Xbox 360 price drops."

Real consistent.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #73 on: October 19, 2005, 11:48:28 AM »
Ugh.  While I like what BlackMage wrote, I don't like when people paraphrase what others wrote.  Mainly because they can be taken wrong.  While Glorb was inconsistent, putting it they way BlackMage did makes it look worse.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #74 on: October 19, 2005, 04:16:14 PM »
 It's simply an exaggeration to make a point. I'll acknowledge that.

I obviously put words in Glorb's mouth, but I believe, for the most part, they're derivable from the statements made. Simply because something is, or is not outright said does not mean it wasn't implied. Of course, you could make the case that I'm not the appropriate person to decide what was or wasn't implied, but that leads into a whole different situation.

In short, while I do agree with Markio in that paraphrasing others is often a good way to create inaccuracies, I feel it's also in bad taste to take a condescending attitude towards other's thoughts and opinions.

Paraphrasing Glorb simply seemed the easiest way to make a point at the time, though in retrospect, directly quoting him would have served the same ends.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #75 on: October 19, 2005, 04:34:53 PM »
...Why so many references to the mouth?

I'm just kidding. I thought it might make this topic a bit lighter.

« Reply #76 on: October 19, 2005, 07:31:19 PM »
Black Mage has all the answers because he is a wise person. You better not diss him though Glorb.

« Reply #77 on: October 24, 2005, 07:39:08 PM »
Many of us have our own opinions, and we don't have to agree on everything. Glorb may hate the Next-Gen systems, and that's fine, as no one else's onpinons will alter my own, which is to get a Rev, and that must be perfectly fine with everyone else. We are entering a new evoulution of video games, and some players, like Glorb, aren't ready for it. Nintendo has suprised us countless times in the past, analog sticks, Super Mario 64, Game Boy, and they are bound to astonish us with the Rev also.

Nintendo may be doing some odd decisions, but Nintendo may have a back-up plan. They may sell traditional two handed controllers, or they may have other things, but if we aren't ready, we shouldn't diss the future and Nintendo, as they have done suprising things and have survived countless waves of competitors and big name companies like Atari, Microsoft, Sony, SNK, and many others. So stop this senseless fighting, as no ones opinions will get changed, and no one will agree on the same thing. That is all.

Most Wishy-Washy

« Reply #78 on: October 25, 2005, 09:21:57 AM »
Fighting? I was under the impression we were informing a misinformed person.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #79 on: October 25, 2005, 01:10:12 PM »
Misinformed, yes, but I smell a fire somewhere here. Oh well, must be my kitchen. Wait... Oh, man! Hold on a sec...

Most Wishy-Washy

« Reply #80 on: October 25, 2005, 06:18:55 PM »
Seriously, did you have to say something like that?

« Reply #81 on: October 26, 2005, 09:15:34 AM »
Who, me or dude?

« Reply #82 on: October 26, 2005, 01:02:24 PM »
I guess it was me. But it did happen though. Darn toaster, almost burned down my house. You wanna know what it did to my toast? *holds up some weird brown sludge* It destroyed it completly!! It doesn't even look like a loaf of bread. Hmm, I probably should have put peanut butter after I toasted it. Arghh, I hate mondays.

Most Wishy-Washy

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #83 on: October 26, 2005, 04:01:16 PM »
Heheheh-- Comedic relief. Gotta' love it.

« Reply #84 on: October 26, 2005, 05:40:18 PM »
dude677=Garfield

« Reply #85 on: October 26, 2005, 07:18:02 PM »
Nah, dude677= MadTV star.

Edited by - Mr. Wiggles on 10/26/2005 8:18:13 PM

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #86 on: October 27, 2005, 02:35:06 PM »
You know, dude, Nintendo didn't invent analog sticks.

"...I'm not the appropriate person..."
HAHAHAHA! Black Mage, I have now paraphrased you! Oh, look how the tables have turned!

every

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #87 on: October 27, 2005, 04:01:29 PM »
 That's a quote, not a paraphrase.

« Reply #88 on: October 27, 2005, 04:05:57 PM »
Are you mad Glorb? I've seen you bash other people's opinions, Complain about a misplaced topic,etc.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #89 on: October 27, 2005, 07:18:14 PM »
I guess he has a reason to try to bash us... I mean, everyone's bashing him and his opinions. And he's right about the Revolution topics. Too many. All the posts should be going to the most popular one: Revolution Controller Revealed!! wheter they're about the controller or the console itslef.

It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #90 on: October 27, 2005, 10:43:46 PM »
Obviously Nintendo didn't create the Analog Stick but they did perfect it, which is where the other companies failed.

Did you also know Nintendo didn't create Touch Screens?

Print