Print

Author Topic: Next-Gen stinks  (Read 17873 times)

« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2005, 03:27:38 PM »
I'm sure over a few years Nintendo will return to that idea. I think they're trying to find a different audience than the ones they had in 1985-1995.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2005, 03:31:57 PM »
Another excellent point. Nintendo may swing back.

« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2005, 03:44:31 PM »
This is an off-topic post, but whenever I come here during the weekdays, people don't post mush but on weekends, they post like crazy!

« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2005, 03:51:01 PM »
> I mean they don't have time for one more platform Mario game, yet they can come out with Mario Party's 4-7, baseball, tennis, golf, etc.

This is also true. after SM64, I started getting bored of the platformers because they only came out with one and it wasn't what I expected. (SMS) Then I played the spin-offs and I was thinking: Nintendo can't make another Adventure?

Well the reason spin-offs come out is because the Second Parties keep Developing them. (Hudson, Namco, etc.) Nintendo doesn't have much to do with these games except that they are publishing them. PM is an exception though.

At least we know 2 main games are coming soon!

Edit- This was a double post so I put a different message.

Edited by - Aarom11 on 10/16/2005 2:52:32 PM

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2005, 05:17:33 PM »
...None of these statements have had an effect on me. I'm still getting a revolution. I've been having dreams about owning a Revolution. Then I wake up and I interject. I'm just glad that this time I don't have to buy a game to go with it: I've still got cube games!

Me: Hooray, it''s raining money and double apostrophes!!!

Mom: Wake up or you''ll miss the bus.

All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2005, 05:41:44 PM »
Hooray for you.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2005, 06:46:25 PM »
I've been having nightmares about my history teacher.

...I need to study for that test.

“Of all the people I know, it is expected that Watoad will say ‘cheese’ first.”
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2005, 06:58:19 PM »
If you're taking a test and if this isn't a joke, I suggest you sleep instead of staying up late to study.

« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2005, 11:18:46 PM »
I'm a little surprised no one has added the explanations for the high prices of the PS3 and XBox 360. There's 2 different XBox360 bundles because Microsoft is aiming at both the casual crowd and its droids. The PS3 has a high price not only because it's the most powerful machine in the next gen but because they're experimenting with a new type of disc technology that could be either the standard after DVD is phased out or it could go the way of the Beta-Max.

Don't sell your NES, SNES or N64. Just because the Revo has the ability to download old games doesn't mean all of them will be there. Obviously the 1st and 2nd party titles will be there but there is bound to be licensing problems with others.

« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2005, 01:25:36 PM »
I personally like the Nintendo Revolution's Controller. One reason is beacuse I can finally get some excersise, no more "Get off that sofa and get on that weight bench!!", I'll just say, "Mom, I'll just push in Punch-Out." Fun and healthy!! Also, interactivity has been Nintendo's main priority this season, with the DS toch-screen, now this!! JUst imagine, playing The Legend of Zelda, Ocirina of Time with that controller. *sigh* It's too long too wait. But the price zone is bothering me. I can't even afford Burnoput 3 right now, for $20!! Better start saving Christmas money...

I''''m not always who I am but I am what I say I am!
Most Wishy-Washy

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2005, 02:33:30 PM »
I actually should have seen all this coming. This topic is up to 55 replies (this one included), but 99% of the them are about my Revolution complaints, because you are all (gasp!) Nintendo fans. Fine with me, but it's a bit odd when you agree with my views on the 360 and PS3 but flip out when I say the Revolution's controller stinks. I can tell you now, I don't like it because it's not normal-looking. Yes, this view is astoundingly opinionated and not at all a good reason not to buy one, but I stand by it. You know why? I was raised on the Super Nintendo and Genesis. True, I missed out on the NES generation, but I loved the Genesis's ergonomic controller design, and, just because of that, I loved the Xbox's and the PS2's and the GameCube's (except for that button placement). Now I see this freaky wireless DVD remote/detachable analog stick-shell thingy, and I just don't like it. But my opinions have practical basis, too: It will probably scare off third-party developers. When Splinter Cell 4 comes out, chances are it'll be for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC only - no Revolution. Because for the 360 and PS3 you've got the standard comfy controller design we all know and love, the PC has the keyboard and mouse configuration we all know and love, but then the Revolution has a VCR remote. Heck, for all I know, the Revolution could sell a squajillion units, eventually dominating the universe and putting Microsoft and Sony out of business (I know that's your dream, so don't lecture me on it). Or it could be shunned by the mainstream, causing Nintendo to lower the price to around $50 just as it begins to die a horrible death. Who knows?

-------------------------------------
"How are you gentlemen !! All your base are belong to us !! You are on the way to destruction. You have no chance to survive make your time. HA HA HA HA ...."
-Cats, Zero Wing (Genesis)
every

« Reply #56 on: October 17, 2005, 03:12:48 PM »
1. If this is a Mario board, what do you think that most of the complaints will be for?
2.Once again, you are judging before trying.
3.Nintendo Revolution will probably sell well because Nintendo wants non-games to play too.
4.People in Japan has already enjoyed it.

If you do get a REV, you'll probably like it. Way to bash before you try it.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #57 on: October 17, 2005, 03:34:34 PM »
Well yes, I'll admit that there weren't a huge variety of great gamecube games. But I don't regret getting one because there were incredible games like SSBM and PMTTYD. I enjoyed playing SMS even though it had the crappiest plot EVER, and LM even though it was very very short. So to be truthful I'll probably get SSB3, M128, and if it's out, PM3. And I'llprobably download a few old games that I don't have. So whatever. I've always wanted a DVD player, too. And maybe they were saving the really good ideas for the Revolution.

Corn is no place for a mighty warrior!

Edited by - Bird Person on 10/17/2005 3:17:43 PM
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2005, 03:48:23 PM »
"The new systems look fancy, are expensive, but I doubt they will deliver anything magical or original that is really eye-catching.  I predict a lot more spin-offs and crappy sequels."

Don't forget that Nintendo is making a new franchise too so there will also be new types of games to look forward to.  My guess is that it will be for older players since they already have a ton of games for younger players.

And about controller complaints: didn't someone say the custom controller that works with the 3 previous generations will also play Rev or was that just the 3?

Even if the Rev got blow'd up and blow'd down spontaneously from people who hate it, Nintendo could still survive for awhile with Game Boy and DS games.  Then maybe they would just make a regular controller like GC for the Revolution and ta-da!  No more whining about the weird controller and no more cool innovative tricks either.

If 3rd parties can get a lot of money from changing a few control options in the games then I doubt they'll have much to complain about.  We'll have to see how it all starts but I'll put my money on a huge comeback.  Dat's why I call it the Rev-enge, nyah!

One question: How on Earth will stores set up the controller for the demo so that it's attached to the game case but also free enough to let you move it wherever you want?

(E I):o{D___(--I I):o(D___(o 8(= P)___(= (:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )

Edited by - Yoshisaurus Rex on 10/22/2005 11:33:01 AM
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #59 on: October 17, 2005, 04:50:47 PM »
That's a good thought.

I''''m not always who I am but I am what I say I am!
Most Wishy-Washy

Print