Print

Author Topic: Most underrated games  (Read 33134 times)

Jman

• Score
« on: February 18, 2006, 09:17:06 PM »
Let's face it, there are fun games out there that nobody talks about.  I can name several, but I want to focus on one.

NBA Jam is a very fun 2 on 2 basketball game where you can make impossible dunks and long 3's like they're everyday feats.  Crazy last second shots are also frequent.  I have won and lost so many games at the last second.

So, let's hear about some more underrated games that you guys like.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2006, 09:22:51 PM »
Burnout: Legends for DS was WAY underrated. I really like that game. They compared it to the PSP one too much... But unfortunently I can't talk much right now; I'll say more about it later.

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2006, 09:23:38 PM »
Mario Pinball Land, the game was fun, but hard, Bowser was soo hard, and it took a while to figure out how to beat him, but the whole rest of the game was the best, I mean you don't see much of this stuff in a Mario game, this was a pretty new idea, and isn't just pinball, it was an adventure pinball game.
I'm a horrible person.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2006, 09:32:51 PM »
Kururin Squash

In this game you control a spinning helicopter blade through twisting turns, around, under, and over obsticals, all while collecting coins and in many levels boxing enemies.  Do to the superior gameplay programming and analog stick I like this version better than its GBA incarnation.  This game is worth importing.  Happy hunting!

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-4a-49-en-15-Kururin%2BSquash-70-9x9.html

Nintendo had a Revolution demo similiar to the this game that's got my hopes.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2006, 09:42:01 PM by Luigison »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Jman

• Score
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2006, 10:38:41 PM »
I was playing NBA Jam the other day, and I was down by one point with 5 seconds left.  So, I quickly got the ball up the court and hit a game winning 3 pointer at the buzzer.  That is the implement that makes that game so enjoyable.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2006, 10:14:43 AM »
I think the original 1989 Street Fighter is underrated. In fact, many people consider Street Fighter II the "real" first SF game, due to its superiority. Sure, you could only play as Ryu in the first, and the pressure-sensitive buttons were terrible for doing combos, but it was fun...
Also, Air Diver for the Genesis was awesome. It was a hyper-realistic (sort of) cockpit-view jet-fighter simulator. It was like Top Gun for NES, except it pwned, and you fought terrorist aliens. But the game is so obscure, I'm sure none of you here have heard of it.
every

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2006, 10:27:22 AM »
San Fransico Rush for the Nintendo 64 might be the best racing games I've ever played. Realistic dents, explosions, made-up cars, constant fog and a ridiculous lack of gravity makes it number one in the rubber-burnin' chamber of my heart.

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2006, 09:19:11 PM »
The Pikmin series don't get the proper recognition they deserve. The first one was great fun and the second one was a gigantic improvement over the first. Hopefully a third installment is made, maybe with a larger battle mode.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2006, 05:35:25 PM »
Croc!  The legend of the gobobos, or whatever!  Ah, yes, that was great.  And then the second one came out.  Ah, yes, that was great too.  They were both great.  And hardly recognized.  You got to defeat giant versions of stuff!  Like, the first boss was a giant duck, and then a giant lady bug!  It was awesome!
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2006, 06:13:44 PM »
Astro Boy: Omega Factor (GBA)

If you don't know better, you think it's just the usual licenced cartoon crap GBA game, but it's actually a Treasure masterpiece!

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2006, 07:15:22 PM »
I agree with LD. He convinced me to buy that game in the chatroom, and I sure didn't regret it... for the week that I played it. It's very short (for my liking), but I had fun anyway.

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2006, 08:05:25 PM »
Princess Tomato in Salad Kingdom was a really underrated game. The game was also very pointless.
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2006, 10:25:48 PM »
Kickle Cubicle I think was underrated.  I guess it would be a puzzle game.  It wasn't difficult to figure out the way to pass each level (collect 3 sacks of something, they look like stuffed bears to me), but to actually do it was more difficult than expected.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2006, 11:22:22 PM »
Yoshi's Story and Diddy Kong Racing, in my opinion, are awesome games... from what I've heard on the internet, people say it's horrible, but I disagree.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2006, 01:39:56 AM »
Diddy Kong Racing

It's my favorite N64 game, so I have to agree. Vastly underrated. It's better than all the Mario Karts.

Print