Print

Author Topic: Most underrated games  (Read 33032 times)

« Reply #60 on: August 21, 2006, 03:34:48 AM »
I wish to present to you, the beautiful readers of TMK (and the ugly ones too), the most underrated game of all time:  War in the Hills.  It's for your calculator!
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #61 on: August 21, 2006, 06:30:25 AM »
Some of my friends would have Tetris tournaments with those super advanced, expensive calculators.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #62 on: August 22, 2006, 04:59:41 PM »
Ah, Robert, thanks for reminding me. Must buy Drill Dozer. (And Phoenix Wright while we're at it.)

« Reply #63 on: August 22, 2006, 05:26:10 PM »
Ah, Robert, thanks for reminding me. Must buy Drill Dozer. (And Phoenix Wright while we're at it.)

Drill dozer will be worth every penny you pay for it. It definatly won't dissipoint. Except the final level on the Doom Dozer and the final boss. Those were bad.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

« Reply #64 on: August 29, 2006, 11:05:30 AM »
Banjo Tooie has to be one of the most highly underrated games of all time. I'm sorrry, but I really don't get what people are talking about when they say Banjo Kazooie was better. Sure, it was one heck of an awsome game, but in my mind Tooie will always be far more superior. Super Mario Sunshine and Zelda Wind Waker might not have been better then their predecsors(spelling?), but they were still highly underrated.

« Reply #65 on: August 29, 2006, 11:57:47 AM »
Many of you probably never owned a Sega Saturn, but if you DID you more than likely owned NiGHTS into Dreams.  Now THERE is an underrated game.  It's small fanbase is extremely dedicadted and, even after 10 years, still hoping for a sequel.  Burning Rangers can be thrown in the same category too.

Also needs more Shaq Fu

EDIT: Now that I think about it, Chu Chu Rocket is another great game that doesnt get the appreciation it deserves
« Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 12:11:41 PM by Sazpaimon »

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #66 on: August 29, 2006, 01:56:40 PM »
EDIT: Now that I think about it, Chu Chu Rocket is another great game that doesnt get the appreciation it deserves

Seconded. Wicked fun, awesome action-puzzle type game. The puzzle mode kept me bust for a while, and the stage creator was quite fun.
~I.S.~

« Reply #67 on: August 29, 2006, 03:11:17 PM »
Come to think of it, I think Pac n' roll was underrated. I loved that game! It truly didn't get the respect it deserved =(. The way you control Pacman was fun. It was frustrating at times, but it was so rewarding when you beat the level. I liked Pac n' roll.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

« Reply #68 on: September 21, 2006, 12:31:06 PM »
I was considering getting Pac N' Roll a while back. Maybe I should again consider getting it.
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

« Reply #69 on: September 23, 2006, 10:56:51 AM »
Wario World seems kinda underrated.

I know it was short, painfully so, but I think it was a great game while it lasted.
I'll think of a better signature later!

« Reply #70 on: September 24, 2006, 01:14:30 PM »
Super Princess Peach.

I just started playing it a few weeks ago, but I already love it. Sure it's extremely easy and at times intelligence-insulting but it has the feel and game mechanics of a Mario platformer. It even includes many past Mario enemies that disappeared into obscurity. For some reason not a lot of people are willing to buy it. I mean it's not like the cover and the Game Card are colored pink.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2006, 01:18:59 PM by Mr. Wiggles »
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #71 on: September 24, 2006, 03:00:37 PM »
A pink Game Card would be cool. It would go with my pink stylus.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #72 on: September 24, 2006, 07:16:13 PM »
A pink Game Card would be cool. It would go with my pink stylus.
Exactly!  I came very close to buying a pink DS Lite.  It'd be a great way to get others to notice me playing and would be cool to hand down to Hannah.  Ah.  Now I'm regretting getting the onzx DS Lite.  I still might buy a pink one if/when the price drops if I can afford it.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #73 on: September 28, 2006, 08:18:30 PM »
I've got four words for all of you. Space Station: Silicon Valley.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #74 on: September 29, 2006, 09:58:13 AM »
I'd say Zork is underrated. The last Zork game was Zork: Grand Inquisitor, a 3D graphical (ugh) adventure that came out in 1996. They should make a new, next-gen Zork game for DS that includes two seperate graphical and interactive fiction modes. The lower screen would be a keyboard; how cool would that be?
every

Print