Print

Author Topic: What's Next?  (Read 5237 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2006, 05:28:44 PM »
If it still works fine, why?
That was a joke.

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2006, 07:34:16 PM »
I've found myself pondering the same question. Here are my expectations for the Nintendo GS (Grand system, which I think will be Nintendo's successor to the DS.)

Hypothetically, if Nintendo keeps going back and re-using the initials of old systems (or system add ons) that didn't quiet work, then the next system to use a name like that should be the.. VRB (I think.. was there a failed Super NES add-on?)

For those that may be lost, the initials DS also stand for "Disk System", a failed device that was going to hook into the original NES, so that more memory could be added to games, to make more things happen (like crystals growing back after being cut with a sword).

On a side note: the Legend of Zelda would have been one of the first games to utilize the DS.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2006, 09:09:00 PM »
FDS didn't fail. From what I can tell it was really great in Japan.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2006, 03:52:57 PM »
That is what DS stands for if you were talking about the disk system.  I thought DS as in the hand-held device stood for dual-screen, is this not correct?
I only watch [adult swim]

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2006, 04:42:51 PM »
Uh, I thought the Famicom Disk System was abbreviated as 'FDS'.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2006, 04:55:09 PM »
No I think it's FCM
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Print