Poll

Do you think the Nintendo Wii be a sucess?

Yep. It will be the best system ever.
32 (51.6%)
It will be better than average, and you plan on buying it.
26 (41.9%)
Ehh... It will just sell as much as the Gamecube.
2 (3.2%)
Not really, I think Wii won't quite measure up to an Xbox.
1 (1.6%)
Nope, none or barely any Wii's will be sold when it comes out.
1 (1.6%)

Total Members Voted: 61

Print

Author Topic: Will Wii Make it?  (Read 24086 times)

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2006, 12:48:38 AM »
I never knew Julius Caesar looked so much like Colin Mochrie!

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2006, 09:02:34 AM »
I also believe the PS3 controller is a lesser rip off of the Wiimote and I also hate the fact that everybodys always telling me "You like Nintendo? What is wrong with you Sony's better. Nintendo is for sissys." It tics me off. Of course the Wii will do good. Nintendo has always been pretty popular in Japan so if it don't make it here it will more than likely make it there.
SSBB theme lyrics: I'll be the Marth, Luigi noob, This is Yoshi's B, This monkey wants to hug him. I'll heat the duck, Uigi noob, pooped through the dress this monkey wears to work.

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2006, 10:01:39 PM »
"Tell me why you would buy a $600 PS3?" Peter Moore, a Microsoft vice president, said in an interview. "People are going to buy two (machines.) They're going to buy an Xbox and they're going to buy a Wii ... for the price of one PS3."

Moore then turned pitchman for Nintendo's Wii, the latest offering from the Japanese company that once dominated the video game industry.

"People will always gravitate toward a competitively priced product -- like what I believe Wii will be -- with innovative new designs and great intellectual property like Mario, Zelda and Metroid," Moore told Reuters.

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2006, 10:19:46 PM »
What I find amusing is that in order to incorporate tilt functionality into the PS3 controller, they had to scrap the rumble feature.  The famous dual-shock controller is now a zero-shock controller!  Some may think vibrating controllers are a minor detail but I actually like them a lot... I have wavebirds but I choose to use wired controllers instead because I like the rumble feature.  The Wii will use a wireless controller with complete motion detection, and vibration, and, a built in speaker!  Very cool indeed.  Though I'm still not clear how they expect me to play N64 games with the Wiimote.

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2006, 10:22:24 PM »
"Tell me why you would buy a $600 PS3?" Peter Moore, a Microsoft vice president, said in an interview. "People are going to buy two (machines.) They're going to buy an Xbox and they're going to buy a Wii ... for the price of one PS3."

Moore then turned pitchman for Nintendo's Wii, the latest offering from the Japanese company that once dominated the video game industry.

"People will always gravitate toward a competitively priced product -- like what I believe Wii will be -- with innovative new designs and great intellectual property like Mario, Zelda and Metroid," Moore told Reuters.
Interesting, could it be that Microsoft and Nintendo are working together to try and overthrow Sony? Nah!

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2006, 10:25:15 PM »
Maybe we'll see Master Chief as a playable character in Super Smash Brothers Brawl.

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2006, 12:52:59 AM »
Though I'm still not clear how they expect me to play N64 games with the Wiimote.

There are going to be two controllers included, I believe- the Wiimote and a more traditional controller.

Interesting, could it be that Microsoft and Nintendo are working together to try and overthrow Sony? Nah!

Yes please. I've always liked Xbox more than PS2 anyway.

Maybe we'll see Master Chief as a playable character in Super Smash Brothers Brawl.

*Dreams of playing Halo 3 on Wii*
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Sqrt2

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2006, 02:35:29 AM »
With SSB:B on the horizon I think that wii (rev) will make it popular. Whether it will outsell the PS3/Xbox 360 is a different matter entirely.
AA fanboy and proud!

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2006, 05:46:25 PM »
Actually, according to Perrin Kaplan, that "classic" controller will apparently be sold seperately. The only thing that'll come with the Wii controller is that nunchaku control stick thing in the package.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2006, 09:57:07 PM »
NOOO!

Ah, well, I'll just buy that. I'm not too keen on the Wiimote for some games. Starfox 64/Lylat Wars would rock with it, though.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2006, 03:19:59 PM »
There are going to be two controllers included, I believe- the Wiimote and a more traditional controller.
Yes, the Wikipedia article on the Wiimote has a picture of the classic controller. (scroll down to see it)

Now, I know the Wii has huge third part support, a new and origonal controller (which at first I hated, but have now grown to love after seeing it in action), and an un-kiddish look, but it has two bad things- a company with a bad rep and a kiddish name. It might not seem like much, but most people I know are turned off enough by these two thigns to not buy a Wii.
What do you think is so kiddish about the name? I fail to see how it is so.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2006, 03:32:47 PM »
I dunno, it just sounds like something a little baby who speaks gibberish might say (not to mention Wiimote, sounds like a mispronunciation of remote). Oh, and by bad rep, I mean they have a bed rep with casual gamers. I consider most of my friend's casual gamers and boy, do they ever hate Nintendo.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 03:38:37 PM by CreamCat »

« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2006, 07:46:12 PM »
I still can't understand why ANYBODY would hate Nintendo. What's to hate about it? Some people obviously would not be interested in Nintendo, but why would they actively hate it?! I mean, come on! Nintendo's not like Sony and Microsoft, which jumped into the industry years after video games first became popular and took popularity from Nintendo. Nintendo didn't do any corresponding thing to make fans of Sony and Microsoft angry. So what's going on here? I think it's probably that the people who  hate Nintendo (as opposed to be uninterested in its products) are just idiots who want to look "cool". I can't see it being any other reason.

EDIT: This is the first time I've seen the "classic" controller. It looks awesome.
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2006, 08:08:09 PM »

Personally, I think Microsoft is trying to get rid of Sony first, then it will try to eliminate Nintendo(which will PHAIL). Nintendo will come out on top.

I think the Wii stole the show at E3. If you go to some Sony message boards, you can see them talking good things about the Wii and how their respect for Nintendo has gone up. It just goes to show how much the Wii will succeed.
Keyboard not found. Press <F5> to continue.

« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2006, 09:03:28 PM »
Actually, I think two Wiimotes will be included with each system since Nintendo wants to emphasize the "We" aspect of the system. The classic controller will still probably be sold seperately though, hopefully not $35 like the Wavebirds were.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Print