Print

Author Topic: Nintendo games you DON"T like  (Read 19299 times)

« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2006, 05:30:20 PM »
Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time. Way too easy, and the jokes aren't as funny as the ones in Superstar Saga.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2006, 05:46:38 PM »
HATE the Mario sports.
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

fuzzy

• Banned
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2006, 08:20:41 PM »
How can somebody hate Eternal Darkness?  That game was great!  It seems very original from all of the other games with zombies and violence.  It seemed so deep.  It was just really fun.  I really don't like the Mario Party games.  There are too much of them and they are basically all the same.
"If you want to make enemies, try to change something."--Woodrow Wilson

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2006, 11:59:46 PM »
Super Mario Kart:this game whas preety difficult to control.(A joysticj would have been nice)And the screens made me feel as I was playing A Huge DS.And Mario Is missing!nuff' said.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2006, 02:00:29 AM »
Super Mario Kart

You are dead to me.

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2006, 08:39:37 AM »
How can somebody hate Eternal Darkness?  That game was great!  It seems very original from all of the other games with zombies and violence.  It seemed so deep.  It was just really fun. 

Naming the protagonist Roivas doesn't make the game deep, it makes it pretentious.  I'll grant that the game was very atmospheric.  The gameplay, however, was severely lacking - it was linear, easy, and shallow.  Very early in the game you get the ability to heal both your health and your sanity at will, making all the insanity effects and the bulk of the combat pointless.  That leaves only the puzzles, which were nothing special.  If you want a fun horror game, play Resident Evil 4.

fuzzy

• Banned
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2006, 09:23:37 AM »
Resident Evil games scare the crap out of me, otherwise I would play them.
"If you want to make enemies, try to change something."--Woodrow Wilson

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2006, 10:28:53 AM »
I love how people are pointing out other peoples' hate for games and say they love them. I guess I'll join that little group of people.

Majora's Mask
I LOVED that game even more than Ocarina of Time. The three day time limit was nothing. They even taught you how to slow down time in the beginning of the game, if you talked to that scarecrow in the observatory. You just needed to learn how to manage time and you should've been fine. I usually only completed one huge thing such as a temple in one three day cycle. Most huge sidequests also earned their own cycles.

And admit it, it's quite awesome rolling around as a goron or swimming around as a zora.

Pikmin
Now, see, this is what I don't get. Why do people always say they hated Pikmin JUST BECAUSE of that time limit? It was 30 days, more than enough time to get 30 parts. Even if you wanted to appreciate the scenery in the game, that was more than enough time. 1 part a day isn't asking much. I usually got more than one part a day because it was fun to.

King Boo said he was SCARED that Olimar was going to asphyxiate. And I had to laugh at him for that, because even if you didn't get all 30 parts, there were 5 parts that were not needed for Olimar to escape. That further makes the game easier for the player.

Besides, this is Nintendo. Nothing "dies" or "gets killed" in Nintendo. Enemies get defeated, Mario's game will be over if all of his health is depleted, Link's game will be over if all of his hearts are depleted. No dying allowed.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2006, 11:30:22 AM »

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2006, 12:28:49 PM »
I'm not awfully fond of Clu Clu Land, but a lot of the recent stuff is much worse; I just haven't played them.  BTW, see here if you're having some trouble determing exactly what a "Nintendo game" is...
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2006, 03:02:41 PM »
Dying is dying by any other name.

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2006, 04:54:54 PM »
They are disapointing the origanal Mario Fans.
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2006, 12:55:27 AM »
Please define "Origanal" Mario fans, then show us their expactations. Otherwise, give a better reason, like it uses brand recognition, or they're not actually developed by Nintendo.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2006, 01:15:45 AM »
I don't really like the DKC series that much. Or the Wario series (though Wario Ware: Touched! looks like fun and was on my to-buy list for some time). I don't remember liking Glover that much. Spinoffs are okay, but the only ones I buy are the Mario Karts. I'm not into the sports games but they'd be fun to play with friends... I have Mario Party 4 and it's good enough for me. I've played 2 and 3 as well, and it's as it's said; they're all good but you don't need more than one. As Deezer once said, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." Mario Party isn't broke at all, but Hudson insists on fixing it again and again. Whatever.
Majora's Mask is a great game. I'm still not sure if I prefer it over OoT or not, but they're close either way. Vid's right about the 3-day limit, if you can't complete a temple in 2 hours you need help. And even if you DO fail to play the Song of Time before the end, it all turns out as if you had, but without the saving. You have to start over again, yes, but it's not like it kills your cartridge.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2006, 01:36:52 AM »
But we do need a new Mario Party for Wii.

Print