Print

Author Topic: Bad News for Wii  (Read 6583 times)

« on: December 17, 2006, 10:52:33 AM »
The Post-Standard newspaper for Syracuse, NY had an article about the Wii straps keep falling off people, causing the Wii remote to crash into the peoples TVs! It's true! Now Nintendo is going to make new tougher straps. If you have a weak strap, I highly suggest exchanging it to the new tougher ones to avoid smashing your precious TV!
My sister is a...(insert threat here)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 11:12:12 AM »
This topic's name should replace "bad" with "old".
That was a joke.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 02:05:55 PM »
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2006, 10:03:12 PM »
This is a good thing. Wii is getting free newspaper coverage. And what are people getting out of this coverage? That Wiis destroy TVs? No! They read it: people are so excited and crazy over this Wii thing that they're hurling remotes at unsafe velocities with insane vigor!

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2006, 09:31:11 AM »
And here's the actual strap replacement request page: http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/strapreplace.jsp

You need a Wii serial number and personal information so don't just try and request all willy nilly.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2006, 12:46:11 PM »
I think you mean Wii-lii Nii-lii. Ahem, sorry.

I'd say the best way to avoid injury or death is to NOT LET GO of the Wiimote. So, when bowling in Wii Sports, don't actually throw it like a ball, but rather just keep it firmly gripped in your greasy paws. This may seem obvious, but someone I know actually think it's meant to be thrown or whatever.
every

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2006, 06:02:39 PM »
Anyone who breaks their TV while playing Wii deserves it for being idiots. It's not so much the strap that snaps as it is them who let go of the Wii Remote or don't wear the strap at all. Don't get me started on the injuries either. Seriously, who smiles when their eye looks something like this?
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2006, 06:06:31 PM »
Seriously, who smiles when their eye looks something like this?
My exact thoughts on that picture. On the other hand, this is pretty old news, but anyways, I have a grip, I'll live.
I'm a horrible person.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2006, 07:01:04 PM »
At least the Wiimotes are durable. (listed for the purpose of demonstration).

Anyways, I do agree with Mr. Wiggles. People should hold onto the controller with a good grip, as it is common sense? However, Lizard Dude is also right (no matter how funny he was being), in that this shows people's excitement over Wii. But, yeah, this is old news, but a good topic for discussion over the news.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2006, 11:01:23 PM »
I think that girl is AWESOME for smiling for a picture that her boyfriend put up on the internet after he accidently busted her in the eye.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2006, 09:01:00 AM »
Hmm...new headline!

New Nintendo Wii System Causes Violent Domestic Dispute; Jack Thompson Having Field Day
every

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2006, 06:39:53 PM »
He's against the games, not necessarily the systems.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2006, 08:46:55 PM »
Jack Thompson hasn't said a thing about Nintendo, Glorb. He seems to be okay with them and their family friendly games.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2006, 01:38:54 AM »
He's against the games, not necessarily the systems.
* Bird Person pictures someone accidentally flinging a Wiimote out a window while using the Forecast Channel and subsequently killing an old man outside.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2006, 02:33:41 AM »
YOU KILLED FAIREMASTER! NOOOOOOOO!

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2006, 06:16:54 AM »
Poor Fairemaster!
Actually, I've never seen a Wii remote that large, it's longer than his head!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2006, 06:31:30 AM »
No, he's rather small. That's why he was such an idiot here- he has a small brain.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2006, 08:47:26 AM »
Lol!! indeed he had a small brain, posting another old man picture, pretending to be him, so then..... You actually killed and old man, not fairemaster....
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2006, 01:16:49 PM »
Whoa... Is there a microwave in that rock?

Print