Print

Author Topic: The Super Mario Bros Super Show  (Read 9724 times)

« on: March 04, 2009, 07:03:25 PM »
I have the show on DVD, but seemed to recall there being some kind of legal issues keeping Shout Factory from getting the entire show. From what I understand, there were three or four episodes missing.

What episodes were those, and were they ever released?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 05:40:16 PM »
There were missing episodes? According to dear ol' wiki the show consisted of 65 episodes of which 24 were included on vol 1 and 28 on vol 2. This brings us to a total of 52 episodes. Apparently the remaining 13 episodes were Zelda-related so they weren't included for obvious reasons. So, no. I don't think there's any missing content.

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 05:47:09 PM »
Do note that four of the episodes in volume 2 are missing the live action segments.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 03:59:28 PM »
Oh. I thought a recall seeing somehwere that episodes (not just live segments) were missing. Cool!

So are the Adventures of SMB3 and The New Super Mario World complete too?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 04:28:05 PM »
They are, but I think SMW cartoon set comes with a season of Captain N.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2009, 05:11:21 PM »
Yes, it does.

...Maybe I should give Captain N a try sometime...

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2009, 08:19:28 PM »
Yeah. I have Volume 1 and it's a mess, with out of place episodes everywhere. And why is the LAST episode on the FIRST box set?
Sometimes, I think Mario represents the 60s, but with italians.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2009, 08:48:38 PM »
I really need those someday.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2009, 01:24:53 PM »
I have both volumes of the SMBSS, and the AoSMB3 set.  I didn't bother with SMW, though because I'm not really interested in having Captain N in a Mario cartoon DVD set, and all 13 episodes are on the Internet.  The only thing that really interests me is seeing Wizardheimer in high quality.  He's the only cartoon exclusive character I like on that show.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2009, 01:30:51 PM »
Yeah. I have Volume 1 and it's a mess, with out of place episodes everywhere. And why is the LAST episode on the FIRST box set?

Following along these lines, what is the order of the episodes supposed to be anyway? I sort of thought they were in chronological order, or as much as they could be anyway, since most things don't carry over between episodes..

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2009, 04:28:27 PM »
Well they were probably produced in one order but aired in another because cartoon shows do that stuff.
That was a joke.

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2009, 04:29:34 PM »
Which one is the last episode anyway? I know TMK has an episode listing somewhere, but since I'm at work, I don't have time currently to look for it.

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2009, 11:09:21 PM »
I think it's Robo Koopa, but don't quote me on that.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2009, 04:01:24 AM »
Mario Wiki says it's Robo Koopa and Captain Lou Is Missing.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2009, 09:23:32 PM »
good dvd release series...what i heard is that they took out all of the music from super show.

speaking of music, my bro bought me the mario 3 dvd and i was watching kootie pie rock and i thought it was a side affect from the painkillers i had to take at the time, but i thought it was funny how they use the same song every time whether it be good or bad and nobody sings it.  if you've seenit you know what i mean.

Print