Poll

What is your sexual/romantic orientation?

Heterosexual
29 (69%)
Homosexual
6 (14.3%)
Bisexual
2 (4.8%)
Pansexual
0 (0%)
Hetero-romantic asexual
1 (2.4%)
Homo-romantic asexual
0 (0%)
Bi-romantic asexual
0 (0%)
Pan-romantic asexual
0 (0%)
Aromantic asexual
0 (0%)
Unsure / "it's complicated" / other
4 (9.5%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Print

Author Topic: Sexual Orientation  (Read 120299 times)

« Reply #75 on: November 15, 2012, 07:34:37 AM »
I think how it works is a little wonky.

If you look at the URL, you can see that it scores you out of 6 on both at the same time, so the URL actually gives you better results than the chart.

Here's one I hacked to have masculinity off the charts!

As for my personal results, I don't plan on doing this due to the fact that it will be inaccurate because I don't answer those types of questions well. (I always go to the extremes)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 07:46:08 AM by Luigison »
VVVERExSTFJCQVM=

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #76 on: November 17, 2012, 01:50:20 AM »

Anybody else scored in the "masculine" yet...?
Go Moon!

« Reply #77 on: November 17, 2012, 09:46:05 AM »
Relics.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #78 on: November 17, 2012, 10:36:46 AM »

This puts me somewhere between Sapphira and CE7. 

I think the "test" is a little skewed and might be more accurate if we were giving circumstances then asked how we would act/react.  After all, how many people are really going to say they are conceited? 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #79 on: November 17, 2012, 10:52:38 AM »
Who are "Ve" and "Ze" reserved for?
Ve and ze are invented gender-neutral pronouns.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #80 on: November 17, 2012, 03:55:28 PM »
CrossEyed, you scored a 4 on the Femininity axis. I got 4.3, BriGuy got 4.5. You scored lower on the Masculinity axis (1.7), though, whereas BriGuy and I are scored higher on them (3.5 and 3, respectively.) That puts you more centered the "Feminine" range, but not more feminine. Or something.

Markio and BriGuy got the highest scores under Masculinity (3.5 and 3.2). I'm next with 3. I guess that makes us more "Masculine," but none of us fall under the "Masculine" range, because we also scored high on Femininity.

Poor Fifth, all alone. XD

From the looks of the questions, I would guess the test is actually measuring personality traits more so than "gender roles," and just using stereotypes or something. Seems like "feminine" traits are more what someone who has a strong "Feeling" preference would be, with "masculine" traits more under the "Thinking" preference. And also, going by the Big Five (OCEAN) personality, someone who'd score high on "Agreeableness" would probably score higher on "Feminine," and someone higher on maybe "Extraversion" traits and/or "Openness" would probably score higher on "Masculine." So basically, if you're both a Feeler and Agreeable, I'm guessing you'd score as "Feminine."

I'm a Thinking preference with a well-developed Feeling side, who also scores high on Agreeableness. I'm also somewhere between Introverted and "Ambiverted," and somewhere in the middle of "Openness" (depends on what, exactly, that means, which varies). So that probably explains my results.

Although, possibly another way of looking at it is how likely are you to "wear the pants" in a relationship. I dunno. XD
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 04:01:40 PM by Sapphira »
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #81 on: December 03, 2012, 05:42:08 PM »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #82 on: December 03, 2012, 07:30:53 PM »
Depends how your son knocks down his Lego sets.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #83 on: December 03, 2012, 08:10:40 PM »
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #84 on: December 05, 2012, 04:42:51 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBh89KXhDqs" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBh89KXhDqs</a>
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Red Lewd Uganda

• A Link to the Post
« Reply #85 on: December 07, 2012, 05:58:02 PM »
I can't help but notice that the pipe graphic representing the pole results bares a slight resemblance to... Never mind.

Here's a pro-tip that will make it really simple.

Just kidding.

Otherwise, the myriad possibilities tend to make even the most considerate among us feel a little like this.
Ante up.

Luigison

• Old Person™
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #87 on: December 12, 2012, 05:30:51 PM »
Well, there you go.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #88 on: December 12, 2012, 10:50:47 PM »
Wow, the comments beneath that article are so uplifting and heartfelt.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #89 on: December 12, 2012, 11:29:49 PM »
Pretty funny how they're calling it a "lifestyle choice" when I honestly wouldn't give a [dukar] if it were. Gay marriage is a victimless crime.

Seriously getting tired of stupid rednecks who mistrust science.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 11:32:11 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Print