Print

Author Topic: New Super Mario Bros. 2 coming in August to the 3DS  (Read 11428 times)

David

• Trusts the fungus
« on: April 20, 2012, 10:23:55 PM »
During today's Nintendo Direct webstream, Nintendo revealed New Super Mario Bros. 2 for the 3DS.  The game is scheduled for release in August of this year.  Preliminary screenshots show a return of both the Raccoon Tail and the P-Meter from Super Mario Bros. 3.

Link: NCL Nintendo Direct Presentation (Japanese)
Link: NOA Twitter Announcement (with screenshot)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 10:05:26 PM by MEGAߥTE »
Let's do the Mario, all together now!

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 12:17:04 AM »
New SMB2 for 3DS? Shouldn't it be for Wii, and named New SMB3, since there have already been two other games..?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 01:14:16 AM »
Apparently the console and handheld NSMBs are going to be treated as two independent serieses now, one where they're counted with numbers and one where they're counted with words that end in "ii" and start with a letter you can get by rotating an M&M (next will be New Super Mario Bros. 3ii, or maybe they'll stretch a bit and do New Super Mario Bros. Bii and have everyone wearing Bee Suits the whole time, and then finally New Super Mario Bros. Eii which will be codeveloped by Square Enix because no one can pronounce the title).

TIMELINE SPLIT!!
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 02:24:57 AM »
And here I was thinking they'd make a new game in the vein of SMB2. Nintendo, I am disappoint.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012, 11:27:49 AM »
Raccoon Tail, as in... Super Mario 3D Land?

Seriously, screw this already. It was weird enough that they made a game where the gimmick was "hey, remember when we used to make side-scrolling Mario games?", but to turn it into a separate series is really weirding me out.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2012, 11:49:39 AM »
Oh, I understand. This game is only the second New SMB ds game, hence the title..

I'm not sure how to feel about this one yet. I'm with Shadowbrain's thinking: we just had a game full of these.. As long as it doesn't become a SMG2 situation, I'll be happy.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2012, 05:44:22 PM »
to turn it into a separate series is really weirding me out.

That is why I don't like the big "NEW" on the titles. One day they're not gonna be new (in fact NSMBDS is six years old now, holy crap), making it look like the title means "Forget about these and play the original games." Which I don't think is fair at all. NSMBW is an awesome game in its own right.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2012, 02:28:15 AM »
new super mario bros 2 revolves around the coin system in which the goal is to collect 1,000,000 coins

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2012, 02:59:22 PM »
You heard this where, exactly?

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2012, 03:26:46 PM »
Start at 1:28.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXppbQwmb0o" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXppbQwmb0o</a>
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2012, 05:47:24 PM »
Ah, so that explains it. Probably can beat it in an afternoon, then. What does this mean for the level sequencing and, er, "plot"?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2012, 06:37:25 PM »
Bowser has taken Peach for ransom, and Mario has to collect and deliver the money.

Hot [darn], I'm like the next Miyamoto.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2012, 02:51:21 PM »
NSMB2 4 3DS & 3DSXL 2012.
Unwillingly, but successfully! Twice!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2012, 05:44:14 PM »
I'm not good with numbers, what?
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2012, 07:36:11 PM »
New Super Mario Bros. 2 For 3DS and 3DSXL, coming 2012.

« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2012, 08:47:25 PM »
New Super Mario Brothers Two for Three Dual Screen and Three Dual Screen Extra Large, coming in the year of our Lord two thousand twelve.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2012, 08:48:38 PM »
Ohh thanks, now I know exactly what's going on.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2012, 09:07:11 AM »
...coming in the year of our Lord...

LOL.

Print