Print

Author Topic: Ripping Sound Effects from Mario Party, Etc.  (Read 4149 times)

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« on: November 21, 2012, 09:30:37 PM »
I'm not well-versed when it comes to digging into a game's internals. I know that sound rips are possible for N64 games, and that there exists a few sound ripping utilities, but I don't know the process of getting to that point. I've managed to rip the sound banks, but not the actual sound effects themselves.

As far as Mario Party, I'm looking to grab sounds from the game like the die appearing, the sound of it cycling, landing on various spaces, etc. Any advice someone can give me, or an offer?
Formerly quite reasonable.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 12:25:02 AM »
Do you want to extract the sound files themselves from the game or are you just trying to get the sounds? I'm not sure how to get the sound files themselves, but if there is a sound test it's very easy to record the sounds separately, like I did for Mario Party 8.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 04:22:13 PM »
I'm just trying to get the sounds. The problem with older Mario Party games is that the sound test isn't fully developed. It's typically only voice overs, music, and miscellaneous character sounds (like Goomba, Whomp, etc.), but there's no actual sound effects.
Formerly quite reasonable.

Print