Video Games > Video Game Chat

Let's review...

<< < (12/12)

CrossEyed7:

--- Quote from: BP on July 07, 2015, 08:22:58 PM ---TP just feels like Nintendo saying "Okay fine, here, have exactly what you think you want, instead of thinking or learning anything."

--- End quote ---
That's actually exactly what happened.

--- Quote from: Eiji Aonuma ---At one point, I had heard that even Wind Waker, which had reached the million mark in sales, had become sluggish in North America, where the market was much healthier than in Japan. I asked NOA why this was. What I was told was that the toon-shading technique was, in fact, giving the impression that this Zelda was for a younger audience and that, for this reason, it alienated the upper teen audience that had represented the typical Zelda player. Having heard that, I began to worry about whether Wind Waker 2, which used a similar presentation, was something that would actually sell. [...] That’s when I decided that if we didn’t have an effective and immediate solution, the only thing we could do was to give the healthy North American market the Zelda that they wanted. So, at the end of 2003, I went to Miyamoto and said, “I want to make a realistic Zelda."
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version