Print

Author Topic: Excellent Martinet Interview  (Read 16140 times)

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2007, 10:18:02 PM »
Impromptu voice acting. That would be even funnier.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2007, 04:06:53 PM »
What's that mean?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2007, 09:30:06 PM »
A guy impersonating an Italian impersonating Darth Vader.

AWESOME

It all makes sense now!
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Fwirt

• Now in Cherry
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2007, 07:07:24 PM »
I am now officially convinced that the next Mario game should have full-blown voice acting. :D
I'm not sure about that.  Mario doesn't talk all that much because of the same reason that Link doesn't talk all that much:  Miyamoto doesn't want to be putting words into the players mouths.  I don't think the world is ready for full blown voice acting.
"Say, you good at video games?  I'm not good at video games.  The last time I fired up one of my old Sega tapes it made me a waffle."

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2007, 09:19:22 PM »
Miyamoto nothin'. He's rarely involved in the development of most Mario games these days, so I'm still wondering why none of the developers have taken a crack at it yet.

Plus, if the world wasn't ready for voice acting, then how come Sonic Adventure already happened?

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2007, 09:46:28 PM »
The World ins't ready for good voice acting. The acting in Sonic Adventure was lifeless and terrible (no emotion).

I'm glad the Mario characters haven't "evolved" to that level yet.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2007, 08:27:27 AM »
From what I hear, the VA in Sonic 2006 is pretty good. How can we not be ready for something good anyway?

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2007, 08:29:47 AM »
I think we should stick to the one-liners like "It's-a-me, Mario!" and "Lets-a-go!" But it would be cool to see the bunch actually speaking.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2007, 08:30:48 AM »
Also, the difference between Mario and Sonic is that Mario's voice actor is actually good. So what the heck is the big problem?

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2007, 06:35:28 PM »
I went ahead and listened to this today. I rather enjoyed it.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2007, 11:28:47 PM »
Star Fox Adventures had good full blown voice acting. And I loved it.
That was a joke.

Fwirt

• Now in Cherry
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2007, 12:13:03 AM »
Alright, I have to admit it.  The voice acting would be great.  I just hope they get decent writers.
"Say, you good at video games?  I'm not good at video games.  The last time I fired up one of my old Sega tapes it made me a waffle."

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2007, 11:31:33 AM »
Now that I looked up what Impromptu means, I realized what Suffix meant. If they got Martinet to ad-lib the cutscenes, it would pwn on many levels.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2007, 10:56:50 PM »
I kinda had the feeling he did that for Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2.  I felt he took some liberties and really began to define Mario's personality in that game.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2007, 11:13:09 PM »
I wonder if Miyamoto likes Mario to have a personality. I kind of get the impression he doesn't. Not that that matters.
That was a joke.

Print