Print

Author Topic: Next 3-D Mario Game?  (Read 40587 times)

Linkin800

• Choppy words and a sloppy flow
« Reply #90 on: December 05, 2007, 07:49:15 PM »
Nintendo isn't losing, but Microsoft is pretty much at the same height. Nintendo has good games, more games, and family oriented, but Microsoft has more "mature" games. Kids seem to find all the gore and language ammusing. Do you know how many youngins' play M rated games nowadays? I saw a 6 year old kid buy grand theft auto for the PS2!

And all the 8 year olds that play Halo which is rated M
Time is repeating itself. Why you say? Look at the Wii and NES and you'll know why.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #91 on: December 06, 2007, 12:19:35 AM »
As far as I know it isn't legal anywhere for 6 year olds to buy M rated games. And yes, Xbox is doing alright, but in terms of sales + time, Nintendo is clearly on top.
That was a joke.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #92 on: December 06, 2007, 12:34:44 AM »
Actually no, not only are those laws enacted at a state and local level, they always end up getting declared unconstitutional and are thrown out.  Many retailers choose to regulate their own sales to minors, though.

Linkin800

• Choppy words and a sloppy flow
« Reply #93 on: December 06, 2007, 05:13:11 PM »
Oh this reminds me. At EB Games one day I was shopping for Super Paper Mario when I saw these two 10 year olds (they looked like they were 10 or 9 or so) buying Manhunt! It was just....weird.

For thoughs who don't know what Manhunt is it's one of the most gory horror games out there. Like for instances you can chainsaw some guys arms off and so on, And that wasn't even one of the worst kills you can do in the game. I can't explain them here because it would gross out everyone and because this is a family friendly website.
Time is repeating itself. Why you say? Look at the Wii and NES and you'll know why.

« Reply #94 on: December 06, 2007, 07:46:06 PM »
Family Friendly = Family Fun!
Let's burn some stuff and call it science.

volbound1700

• Banned
« Reply #95 on: December 07, 2007, 08:32:15 AM »
Actually my whole argument was that Nintendo wasn't putting out the quality of games the last 5-6 years (at least until Wii, I have stated Wii games so far seem to be exception) as they had in the NES game.  My argument was then to show that certain elements of the classic games are what made Mario popular and how some of those elements need to be brought back.

I only mentioned Xbox and PS2 to point out that Nintendo has fallen pretty far since the NES days.  (BTW I have never owned an Xbox or PS2, owned PS1 for a couple of years but traded it in).
Go Vols!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #96 on: December 07, 2007, 10:35:45 AM »
Perhaps they had, but now they've recovered from "falling" so what's your point? They aren't losing now, and they've been on top in the handheld market this whole time.
That was a joke.

volbound1700

• Banned
« Reply #97 on: December 10, 2007, 09:04:42 AM »
Perhaps they had, but now they've recovered from "falling" so what's your point? They aren't losing now, and they've been on top in the handheld market this whole time.

My point was to defend my ideas from your flaming... plain and simple.
Go Vols!

« Reply #98 on: December 10, 2007, 11:19:08 AM »

How many times must we tell you that we aren't flaming your ideas?

Constructive criticism (In our case, saying we don't like your ideas because they don't seem creative/original/whatever) is NOT flaming.

Please stop saying people are flaming you before people DO start flaming you.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #99 on: December 10, 2007, 05:20:03 PM »
How can you "flame" an idea?

"Your idea is an idiot!"
KOOLO LIMPA!!!

« Reply #100 on: December 10, 2007, 05:24:26 PM »
The only flame that I've seen in this topic was actually made by volbound1700 himself.

Smash brothers is a fighting game idiot not a coop adventure game.

You are not the first idiot to say that but that is like saying, you want coop game go play Halo.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #101 on: December 10, 2007, 05:27:21 PM »
Coincidence? Back on the topic of the next Mario game...

I think I'd like to see a game that returns SM64DS's idea of unlockable characters and incorporating them in some ways.
KOOLO LIMPA!!!

volbound1700

• Banned
« Reply #102 on: December 11, 2007, 03:04:12 PM »
How can you "flame" an idea?

"Your idea is an idiot!"

That idea is dump, that idea is too origina, that idea stinks.  That is flaming. 
Go Vols!

volbound1700

• Banned
« Reply #103 on: December 11, 2007, 03:05:09 PM »
The only flame that I've seen in this topic was actually made by volbound1700 himself.

you been onevery since I posted on this board attacking everything I do and disagree with every post I make. 
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 04:49:06 PM by Suffix »
Go Vols!

« Reply #104 on: December 11, 2007, 03:37:22 PM »
I agree wholeheartedly that graphics come before gameplay but the problem is that the first thing you see of a game is the graphics, you don't actually get to play the game until you buy it and you're only going to buy it if:

A. You're a fan of the series

B. Willing to try something new

or

C. It makes a good impression (nice advertising or graphics).

Graphics come before gameplay? WTD. Okay then. Considering your logic, I'd play one of those boring PS3 racer games, and beacause it has good graphics, yet crappy game play, it's a succesful game. NO. If graphics are so importatnt, why not watch a movie. Go watch Transformers. If the graphics are good, but the gameplay is boring/unoriginal/erratic, then graphics are not more important. Inless the entire screen is blurry, and unintelligilble, then, and only then, are graphics more important. Besides, the Wii's graphics are GOOD ENOUGH. Half of the stuff that PS3 fans boast about are not even noticable. And who cares if it plays DVDs? Why, are they so cheap, they don't even have a DVD player? They wasted all thier money on a PS3?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 04:49:22 PM by Suffix »

Print