Print

Author Topic: Did You Know? Mario Party 8 (NA Press Release)  (Read 4063 times)

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« on: May 29, 2007, 11:56:24 AM »
Did You Know? Nintendo's Mario Party 8 Brings the Carnival to Town

May 29, 2007- Nintendo is bringing the carnival to town, and this time the party is going to get players up and moving. Mario Party 8 is the first Mario Party game for Wii™ from Nintendo, and the first in the series to incorporate motion controls.

In this carnival-themed excursion, players might use the Wii Remote™ to punch the air to chip away at a statue, point it at the screen to shoot at targets or balance it like a tightrope walker's pole. The amazing functions of the Wii Remote add a new level of hilarious competition. This new Mario Party installment includes new boards, characters, moves and minigames.

Since the original Mario Party debuted in 1999 on Nintendo® 64, the franchise has been a perpetual fan favorite, selling nearly 6.5 million in the United States alone. It's the video game version of a board game, where each player takes a turn moving spaces. Then everyone competes in a fast-paced minigame at the end of the round. Its controls are fun and easy enough that every member of the family can join in. Mario Party 8 lets players get into the action like never before, and is a great follow-up for gamers and families who had fun competing in Wii Sports™.

Mario Party 8, Rated E for Everyone, launches May 29. For more information about Mario Party 8, please visit www.MarioParty.com.

End Press Release
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 04:39:55 PM »
"Perpetual fan favorite."

I'm pretty sure the Mario Party series has been subject to perpetual fan scrutiny.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 06:38:25 PM »
* Bird Person opens topic and immediately does a ctrl+f search for "Wi-fi" or even "wifi," or "WFC."
To answer the title, yes. Sigh.
Edit: Hey, why am I down? I'll just wait till next year! And if MP9 doesn't do it for me, I'll wait till the year after for 10! Ha ha haahahahaaaaaaaa.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 06:40:23 PM by Bird Person »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print