Print

Author Topic: Talkback: Mailbag 17 Apr 2008  (Read 13604 times)

Deezer

• Invincible
« on: April 17, 2008, 08:21:20 PM »
Discuss the latest mailbag here. And don't forget to send us your letters for the next mailbag!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 08:42:23 PM »
MB's last reply about the secret page was particuarly clever.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2008, 10:56:44 PM »
Yeah I had one that would have totally given it away so I edited it out. Oh, and to make things clear:

My emails used to be tagged with "Jesse Salazar 3rd- Awesomest Person Alive", and someone here mistook that as me saying I am the THIRD Awesomest Person Alive, when in fact my name is Jesse Salazar 3rd. So, clearing that up.

BTW, I have a perfect example of what not to send to the mailbag:

"Wohwohwoh! "Every month"? There wazzn't any mailbagzor since novemba 2007! :D"

Lastly, I hate my Mii, it looks nothing like me. Real pixxx FTW!
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2008, 07:26:55 AM »
Chupperson Weird: An electricity suit just came to mind. No idea why.
I had an idea like that when I was making up Mario ideas as a kid.

MEGAߥTE: My power would be to fly, hands up.
LOL
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2008, 05:17:29 PM »
MB's last reply about the secret page was particuarly clever.
Yeah, he wins the mailbag to the extreme.

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2008, 09:24:42 PM »
What?  No he doesn't.  That didn't help me find the secret page at all.  I don't think it exists.
CURSE YOU... SOMEBODY!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2008, 09:33:09 PM »
What?  No he doesn't.  That didn't help me find the secret page at all.  I don't think it exists.
Here's a video with hints and proof that the secret pages are real.  So you guys can stop crying that it's fake:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0  I'll be leaving now.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Super-Jesse

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2008, 10:10:10 PM »

Hah, it helps you if you already know it. Otherwise you'll have to think outside the box.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 11:03:01 PM by Deezer »
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

Linkin800

• Choppy words and a sloppy flow
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2008, 10:11:19 PM »
Here's a video with hints and proof that the secret pages are real.  So you guys can stop crying that it's fake:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0  I'll be leaving now.

Are you even aloud to show that kind of stuff? Because it practically shows exactly where it is.
Time is repeating itself. Why you say? Look at the Wii and NES and you'll know why.

Super-Jesse

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2008, 10:14:35 PM »
Yeah Luigison we might have to take that link down. I don't appreciate you giving out the answer like that.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2008, 01:15:24 AM »
I think you meant this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1WWpKEPdT4
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2008, 02:24:28 AM »
Why does David Dayton have two pairs of eyebrows?
CURSE YOU... SOMEBODY!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2008, 02:38:18 PM »
He has big bushy eyebrows high on his forehead, and a prominent edge over his eyes. That's my explanation.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2008, 02:46:27 PM »
His eyesight is so bad that the refractive index of his glasses causes the optical illusion of him having four eyebrows.  That's my explanation. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2008, 03:26:59 PM »
Hahahahaha-- that explanation is far superior. I caused some brief alarm when I started laughing a moment ago.

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2008, 03:30:56 PM »
I don't remember how to get to the Secret Page (by TMK), but I know what the URL is. Weird isn't it?
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2008, 04:33:44 PM »
I really like MEGAߥTE's last entry.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2008, 06:19:29 PM »
megamush, what is the URL?

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2008, 06:27:36 PM »
Me's letter regarding Peach and Bowser's wedding in Super Paper Mario is an easy one to answer..

There is a line that says something like Until your Games are Over which is concurrent with the phrase until Death do you part. Dimentio sent the party to the Underwhere, and everybody else in the game assumed them dead, so it was at that point that Peach and Bowser's Games were Over, thus nullifying the wedding.

Yes, I did use spoiler tags. There may be someone who has yet to play/finish Super Paper Mario.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2008, 05:23:06 PM »
OMG THE SUPER SECRET PAGE!

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2008, 03:31:23 PM »
megamush, what is the URL?
why would I say it here. any way am I even allowed to say what it is, can I just PM it to certain people?
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2008, 04:15:45 PM »
Correct yourself, Mr. Megamush, or you shall be EPIC FAILED!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2008, 05:11:52 PM »
SSB announcer: "Failure!"
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Print