Print

Author Topic: How Did You Discover TMK?  (Read 29440 times)

« on: December 13, 2003, 06:26:17 AM »
I remember how I did, in March 2001. I was looking up downloads for my favorite game at the time, The Sims, and somehow got back into thought about the Mario cartoons. I stopped searching for The Sims downloads, and started searching for information about the cartoons. I stumbled upon www.smbhq.com, where I found all of my cartoon info. I looked at the Links section, and the first on the list was THE MUSHROOM KINGDOM, stating how it is the best Mario site made. So I clicked there, and here I am.

She's drunk; it's funny!

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2003, 12:03:05 PM »
On July 3rd, 2001, I found this site in my search for MarioKart 64 cheats.

-------
Irregularly Updated Frostbite Quote #3

"This is quite possibly the greatest cookie I`ve ever tasted."

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2003, 12:08:16 PM »
I believe on June 30th, 2003, I was looking for information/pictures of Boo, and the Mariopedia's link came up on Google. I clicked on it and was mystified by the Mariopedia. Sooner or later, I discovered that there was more to TMK than the Mariopedia. I finally joined the forums on August 7th. Ah yes...how nostalgic.

I am Meowrik! The 5th Samurai Pizza Cat! beware the fearsome fury of my fiery Jalapeno Katana!
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2003, 12:10:16 PM »
my friend who would use most of his time writing storys on here introduced me.

everyone is entitled to my opinion...JK  
everyone is entitled to my opinion...JK  

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2003, 12:46:51 PM »
It was back in March, and I was very bored.  I go on to my computer, which I didn't go on to very often, and I think about what I want to look up.  Y'know, for the [heck] of it.  So I look up "Mario" and "video games" and www.classicgaming.com appeared.  So I'm looking in the announcments, and I see the "Mushroom Kingdom" as one of the recent things.  So I click, and end up there.  It's a pretty good site, and I saw the words Fungi Forums after a few weeks.  I didn't even know what a forum was!  I click it, and realize it's like a chatroom, sort of.  I read what people wrote all the time, and on June 28, 2003, I posted for the first time.   And you know the rest.  Back to you, Sapphira.

If chickens had lips, could they whistle?

~Yes, back to me. Now where did I put my soap...?   ~Sapph

Edited by - Sapphira on 12/14/2003 3:18:08 PM
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2003, 01:00:54 PM »
Some time ago I was earching for a nitendo fansite.  This was also how I discovered the rubber chicken (a humor website.  They used to make parodies of nintendo and stuff).

When Bart watches Itchy & Scratchy, how does he know he''s watching a cartoon and not real animals?

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2003, 04:35:58 PM »
Don't remember. It had something to do with SSB N64.
Deezer was here.

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2003, 04:55:53 PM »
I was looking for pictures of bowser. I found it. I loved it. I never left.

"Walk softly and carry a Super Scope."
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2003, 09:27:04 PM »
I remember I was looking for Mario information one day, back in 1999, on my WebTV.

I wish I were sun at dusk. ... ... ... ... ......ha ha kidding.
That was a joke.

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2003, 11:15:20 PM »
Midi search in '97, baby!

my pathetic attempts at humor are fleeting

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2003, 11:49:15 PM »
I did a search for Mario sound effects for a fangame I was making.
The game flopped, but I found what I was looking for... and then some!

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2003, 12:05:42 AM »
Well, it all started when I was on a cabride on a train with one my dad's friends. We were going along and a bus with "TMK: The Mushroom Kingdom" stalled on the tracks. We crashed into it, so that's how I discovered it.

Actually, I was just surfing the web for Mario stuff and here I am. I believe I joined the forums in August.

Trainman- Train Horn Man <--- I''m with stupid.
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2003, 07:31:58 AM »
It's neat that with a few clicks and searches you come upon a whole new world.

I got here when a friend at school told me about it, and he wrote down the address, and so I typed the address, which was a password to enter the elaborate world of Mario.

My identity will not be spoken.
My identity will not be spoken.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2003, 08:22:38 AM »
I can't remember.

Edited by - TheEggMan on Time slowed/and/Reality bent. But on:and:on the Eggman went. AM

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2003, 05:25:56 PM »
Hmm...  I've been coming here for so long that I honestly can't remember.  Ever since we got a computer, I'm sure. 8th grade, probably?  Hmm... 1999?

On March 30th, 2003, however, I expanded my horizon and came to the forums.

--------------------
Wise men talk because they have something to say;
fools, because they have to say something.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Print