Print

Author Topic: How Did You Discover TMK?  (Read 29892 times)

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2004, 09:54:35 AM »
Well it was in like 2000 when I searched for like chets/codes for mario games. Then I first started in the mailbag(asking really stpid questions), then I went to the Chatroom and now I'm in the forums the forums.

Push button...
Receive Bacon!
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2004, 06:02:13 PM »
I was also searching for Mario-related stuff and downloads (as well as information on their cartoons), and as a result, landed here for my first time in March 2002.

-Making your way in the world today DOES take everything you''ve got!-

« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2004, 06:59:55 AM »
Me, I was on classicgaming.com/sotss, which stands for Secret Of The Seven Stars, and TMK was an affiliate.

Mario has fused with the N-force!
Mario has fused with the N-force!

« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2004, 07:02:35 AM »
Oh yes, I also forgot to note- I joined the Fungi Forums in September 2002.

I need some yarn, to make a wick- I''m saving up all my earwax to make a candle.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2007, 09:51:51 AM »
It's been a long time since I first found TMK (so long that it looked like this when I found it). I think I had been searching for ROMs of arcade games and found ClassicGaming, which at the time was hosting TMK. The URL stayed in the back of my mind for a long time, and I would occasionally come back to it. I last came back when Mario Kart DS was released, and joined the FF a month later to get friend codes. I haven't left since.

So, how did you find TMK?
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2007, 10:06:09 AM »
Some time in the summer of 2001 when I had finally gotten cable internet. I found an awesome-looking button linking to here, and decided to stay for awhile.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2007, 10:20:29 AM »
I went to Google.com to search for info on Mario games. I found TMK, and decided to join the forum, because I had been banned from the S2Beta forums (I was hoping the people in the Mario communities would be nicer). And here I am now.
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2007, 11:55:53 AM »
I found the URL in a Mario character FAQ by a fellow named spacepope4u, who used this site to get most of his info.

« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2007, 11:58:29 AM »
I already made a topic like this.

« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2007, 05:26:16 PM »
Anything Related To mario I Searched On Google

« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2007, 07:20:18 PM »
I knew about this place for a while. I've seen TMK mentioned in posts on numerous forums so I've visited the site, but I never thought of joining the forum until just now.
Snifit 1: "Booster, Sir. There is a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2007, 09:13:13 PM »
Anything Related To mario I Searched On Google
I like how every word but "Mario" is capitalized.
I found TMK a long time ago with the traditional search for cheat-codes in Mario games. Like, a LONG time ago. When there were quotes of sorts under the logo (Trust the fungus, Better than a warm cricket pie). That's a super-long time ago. In the years that followed, nothing of particular interest happened. I still visited TMK frequently for stuff like release dates and other info. Then, exactly two years prior to today, I joined the forums. I've changed so much... but it's all for the better.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2007, 09:15:49 PM »
I remember coming to the site when the mailbag was the most exciting thing on the site (how long has TMK been around?) I even submitted something to the mailbag (I made a comment about Donkey Kong's genalogy, and when TMK published my letter in the 'bag, that's what the header above it said Donkey Kong Genalogy)

I remember registering for one of the first sets of forums here (though I never posted, because I really hated that forums were becoming the main way of communicating in a website, instead of just emailing the webmasters or whatever..)

I used the name Yellow Shyguy one time, but I can't remember what the password was, so I'm going to guess and say that that particular user name has been deleted? Anyway, I've been visiting the site for a while,  but came to the forums more recently, after the turn of the century. :)

EDIT: A letter from me is featured in this mailbag. The second letter, from Jon :)

EDIT2: Another mailbag, another letter. Click. Again, from Jon.

EDIT3: Here. I'm the last one on the page.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2007, 09:59:20 PM by Toad »
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2007, 11:09:36 PM »
I think I win the "lame" prize.

To be honest I never knew there was a website correlating to the Fungi Forums until quite a while after I had joined. I was surfing the NSider forums at nintendo.com around November in 2005 and saw a topic Luigison (known as Luigisan over there) had made, advertising a Mario Kart DS competition with prizes. I asked him about it and he said you had to be a member of the FF for at least two weeks to be eligible, so I thought heck, why not? I joined up here and raced through the game vigorously over the next two weeks, and had trouble posting my pictures of proof, thus leading me to #tmk. I could have won, too, but I had beaten the game before the two weeks were up and Suffix beat me to it. I'm still bitter about it. Naw, I'm not bitter. I had actually forgotten about it until I saw this topic. Anyway, I guess I figured I had nothing better to do, and kept coming back here, which led to much time wasted and some really really intense Mario Kart races with Suffix. Good times, good times.

I have a question to add on to MaxVance's (or, rather, NE89's) original one: How long have you been logged in, total? My count as of 10:05 PM MST February 4, 2007 is 16 days, 5 minutes.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2007, 11:32:14 PM »
I have a record 45 days, 1 hours and 22 minutes as of now, and I say record meaning Eclipsed Moon HAS to have cheated to have usurped me so quickly. He just came back and suddenly rocketed up to first place... What a cheating usurper, or usurping cheater. :(
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print