Print

Author Topic: What Is Up With These Ads?  (Read 353031 times)

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #555 on: January 31, 2009, 12:54:25 PM »
I've heard that Google's ads track users across different sites and serve ads to those people based on Google's apparent browsing history for that person.

If this is the case, I think you've got some explaining to do.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #556 on: January 31, 2009, 03:53:38 PM »
But doesn't BBW mean Big Black Woman? I mean, I suppose she could have some African ancestry, like FDR, but... I wouldn't exactly call her black.

And she doesn't look all that big either.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #557 on: January 31, 2009, 08:27:19 PM »
I've heard that Google's ads track users across different sites and serve ads to those people based on Google's apparent browsing history for that person.
That's why I delete most of my cookies...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

CrossEyed7

« Reply #558 on: January 31, 2009, 10:09:50 PM »

« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 09:58:41 AM by CrossEyed7 »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #559 on: February 01, 2009, 11:46:56 AM »

So that's why I've been getting ads like this:

every

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #560 on: February 01, 2009, 12:09:54 PM »
I'm not sure an ad about giant walking beets with arms and human heads would make me want to buy their seeds.
That was a joke.

CrossEyed7

« Reply #561 on: February 01, 2009, 01:43:32 PM »

Um... are there some numbers missing from there?

« Reply #562 on: February 01, 2009, 02:02:49 PM »
What do you mean?

CrossEyed7

« Reply #563 on: February 01, 2009, 02:28:56 PM »
Apparently she divided 6 by _ and got  , and   times _ is Butt.

Also, there's no way that arm is attached to her body.

« Reply #564 on: February 01, 2009, 02:41:03 PM »
Looks to me like [head covers something] minus square root of six over three. And then she's still writing.

CrossEyed7

« Reply #565 on: February 01, 2009, 03:49:23 PM »
That'd be a pretty sloppily written square root symbol, and she's writing pretty high up for that to be a continuation. The only thing I can figure is that her head is covering up a 2 and it's one of those upside down division things.

« Reply #566 on: February 01, 2009, 08:09:01 PM »
The woman is snorting the chalk off the board! Check just under her nose!
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #567 on: February 01, 2009, 10:24:47 PM »
Apparently she divided 6 by _ and got  , and   times _ is Butt.

I LOLd.

I'm not sure an ad about giant walking beets with arms and human heads would make me want to buy their seeds.
Bad memories of Monkeybone... coming back!
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

CrossEyed7

« Reply #568 on: February 04, 2009, 04:01:43 PM »

Order now and get free HBO, free DVR, free installation, and free androgynous child!

(and Free Newt)

« Reply #569 on: February 04, 2009, 05:54:44 PM »
Where's the other arm and eye?
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

Print