Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1706801 times)

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #7035 on: December 12, 2010, 08:37:03 PM »
It's not just Monopoly, mind you - I almost always come in dead last at any board game I play.  As a result, I don't like them much.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #7036 on: December 12, 2010, 10:30:23 PM »
Odd. You always struck me as a board games type of guy.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #7037 on: December 13, 2010, 12:39:43 AM »
Turtlekid doesn't like games that require strategizen' and financin'.

I would think he's more partial to Perfection though.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #7038 on: December 13, 2010, 08:19:14 AM »
It sounds better than Monopoly but not as fun as Connect Four.  I've never played it, so...
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #7039 on: December 13, 2010, 07:56:53 PM »
Sounds like someone needs Settlers of Catan.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #7040 on: December 13, 2010, 09:13:17 PM »
I'm getting real god[darn] sick of DKCR physically disabling my second-player Wii Remote (doesn't matter which one--everything beyond one remote just konks out) every time the game gets turned on. And no, it can't be fixed with synching--via the button or "press 1 and 2 simultaneously" procedure. The last few days, my brother and have managed to get it to work by just dicking around with battery-changing and running through resets until it worked, but now it's totally a lost cause. Anyone heard of this happening to anyone else, under any other circumstances?

EDIT: Okay, tech support says you just have to press A when they say to sync the remote... the hell? Well, whatever, it looks like it works.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 10:56:14 PM by ShadowBrain »
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #7041 on: December 13, 2010, 09:28:36 PM »
It sounds better than Monopoly but not as fun as Connect Four.
Curiously, this statement describes every boardgame ever created.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #7042 on: December 14, 2010, 06:05:43 PM »
Rather unfortunately, the 25th anniversary All-Stars thing leaves a lot to be desired.

The history booklet seems pretty half-assed (and the CD since half the playlist is sound effects).

Those "interviews" are just one or two sentence responses about a particular game. Something generic like, "Yeah, 3D opened a lot of possibilities with Mario 64." The "Iwata Asks" interviews are infinitely more in-depth while the booklet looks like how short you'd keep responses if you were filling out a job application.

There's 3 or 4 cool little tidbits you can learn about in the booklet that there is really no information available on, but overall, I really think they pulled a New Super Mario Bros. Wii with this. I figured since this was a pretty momentous celebration here, they'd jam-pack all sorts of awesome info in, but nah, not really.
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #7043 on: December 14, 2010, 06:42:27 PM »
That's a real shame. I guess I'm better off buying those Mario Galaxy soundtracks than expecting this CD to include some long, clean versions of my favorite themes.

I'm also still bitter they haven't brought over that SNES style Classic Controller when even Europe has it now. Reggie, stop slacking.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #7044 on: December 14, 2010, 07:45:32 PM »
Reggie isn't kickin' as many asses and takin' as many peoples' names these days.
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #7045 on: December 14, 2010, 08:06:15 PM »
While the SMAS package was rather lacklustre, I wasn't really disappointed by it. It's all about expectations:  You can't expect a lot for $34.99 nowadays, and Nintendo hasn't gone full-out on anything since the end of the 20th century.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #7046 on: December 14, 2010, 10:16:10 PM »
I think it's more for people who've started (re-)playing games in the last few years, and want to feel like they'll all steeped in gaming history.

« Reply #7047 on: December 15, 2010, 10:33:13 AM »
Reggie isn't kickin' as many asses and takin' as many peoples' names these days.

He doesn't have to. He should know most of the names of people on the planet by now.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #7048 on: December 15, 2010, 12:01:20 PM »
With how bad the Wii's online is? I doubt it.

« Reply #7049 on: December 15, 2010, 01:42:46 PM »
No, he kicked a lot people's asses and stole their names. He has to prepare his body for the next step. I imagine his body will be ready when the 3DS is released.

Print