Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1695843 times)

« Reply #7065 on: January 02, 2011, 03:13:50 PM »
That's what I said!

Tron 2.0, the real sequel to Tron since 2003

« Reply #7066 on: January 02, 2011, 03:37:25 PM »
I found out that the UCLA Mattel Hospital would let me volunteer and actually work with children yesterday and so I did their application. Because of my minor statuses, every other hospital that I volunteer at wouldn't let me work with kids and since my major is going towards that, I wanted a bit of experience. I did their 500 word essay (I'd never heard of something like that in order to volunteer at a hospital, so I'm guess their selective). Stayed up all night primping and priming it. They said the due date was today and it had to be brought in or postmarked by this date. Well folks, January 2nd just happens to be a Sunday when the post offices are closed and so are their volunteer offices. It's just all too much. I've been looking everywhere to find somewhere that would let me work with kids and now it's being shut in my face.

Yeah, I just needed to vent. And I am going to call them tomorrow and so something along the lines of begging.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #7067 on: January 04, 2011, 07:48:41 PM »
The AC adapter for my netbook has decided to stop working. And a replacement adapter from ASUS would cost $50. And it happened to do this a week before spring semester starts.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #7068 on: January 07, 2011, 06:09:03 PM »
The AC adapter for my netbook has decided to stop working. And a replacement adapter from ASUS would cost $50. And it happened to do this a week before spring semester starts.

I've had my fair share of computer issues Warp.  I feel ya.  I was luckily able to snag a fairly cheap 3rd party charger (which has worked to perfection since August btw) from some computer store website.  The cost of official replacement charger from the company (Toshiba): about $88 when you factor in tax and shipping.  Yeah, I would say taking a chance definitely worked out there.  I wound up spending less than half of that.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #7069 on: January 07, 2011, 07:24:55 PM »
I'm lucky if I can go a week without some idiotic new problem popping up on my laptop. My current issue: It always starts off saying there's no wireless connection, even when there is. Then again, my dad has a crappy old router, so that's probably half the problem... but it usually picks it up immediately when I troubleshoot.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #7070 on: January 07, 2011, 07:48:55 PM »
My problem's been temporarily solved; my dad is letting me use his laptop until I get a new cord for mine. Still, it's a good thing all my courses are online this semester, as I'd hate to be lugging this thing around campus all day.

« Reply #7071 on: January 07, 2011, 11:45:03 PM »
I think I need to change some battery in my computer--my clock is running slow. ;_; I hope I can do something that's less of a hassle, but I must look around! >_< It was hard enough building it, I don't want to open it up again. XD

« Reply #7072 on: January 17, 2011, 03:15:24 PM »
I just bought Portal and Garry's Mod and they give me a black screen >:(

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #7073 on: January 20, 2011, 05:23:24 PM »
Every time I try to motivate myself to do anything by thinking of all the stuff I have to look forward to, I realize that I have nothing to look forward to.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #7074 on: January 21, 2011, 12:26:40 AM »
I've seen you mention specific games you're looking forward to.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #7075 on: January 21, 2011, 12:35:51 AM »
I've tried responding to Turtlekid's post without sounding like a jerk multiple times tonight, and this was the best I could do.

Almost got there.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #7076 on: January 21, 2011, 08:07:23 AM »
I've seen you mention specific games you're looking forward to.
I won't be able to buy them without money.  But more to the point, I'm speaking in a general sense.  Whenever I think about my future, I realize that my life is already at its peak and get very depressed.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #7077 on: January 21, 2011, 09:37:10 AM »
I won't be able to buy them without money.  But more to the point, I'm speaking in a general sense.  Whenever I think about my future, I realize that my life is already at its peak and get very depressed.

Yeah? What's in your future? How do you even know?

You're what, 17? Are you afraid of getting a job? Going to college? Not going to college? You've lived at home your whole life, right? There's tons of things you haven't experienced yet. Hell, I'm 24 and I'm just getting started.

I apologize if I come off as rude, but when I see people, particularly young people, spout nonsense like this I get irritated.

(Also, most people work for their money.)

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #7078 on: January 21, 2011, 09:47:26 AM »
Yeah? What's in your future? How do you even know?
Labor.  Toil.  A high ratio of misery to enjoyment, unless I'm very lucky.

You're what, 17?
Yes.

Are you afraid of getting a job? Going to college?
Extremely.

Not going to college?
I don't have much choice in the matter.  Mind you, I'd still rather have a college education than not have one.

You've lived at home your whole life, right? There's tons of things you haven't experienced yet. Hell, I'm 24 and I'm just getting started.
If I were concerned about not having new experiences, this wouldn't worry me.  But I feel woefully unprepared for life.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #7079 on: January 21, 2011, 10:03:50 AM »
Life's what you make of it, buddy. If you think it's going to be  awful, then it's going to be.

Facing the unknown is daunting, and it's normal to be wary of it but you're taking it to an unreasonable extreme that I doubt you can justify.

For the record, have you ever actually had a real job?

Print