Print

Author Topic: saving dinosaur land  (Read 30217 times)

« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2003, 07:29:48 PM »
Mario made his way over the pools of molten lava set in the hallway, and avoided carefully the rather tactless bowser statues shooting bursts of flames across to the other wall. despite how utterly  nasty it sounds, it was actually fairly easy to make it through. across the room was a red door. mario knew what to be prepared for and went in.
Geno flew in a circle around the many mecha koopas, being able to do little but slam himself into them, which did nothing.
He used a technique taught to him by the star spirits of star haven. he spun around a specific mechakoopa and seemingly disapeared.
The black cloaked magikoopa laughed in his high-pitched voice. but one of the the mechakoopas fell through a block and landed next to the magikoopa, who hadn't commanded any such thing.
"what are you doing, you shouldn't be able to think independantly!"
"You've chosen the wrong person to sick an army of dolls on!" said the mechakoopa, despite lack of a moving mouth.
The magikoopa tried to run but tripped over his long robe. when geno caught up with him, he paid the price of his overconfidence. for geno uused his claws to destroy the magician's wand and kicked him into the lava.
then, he proceeded to a red door.

Finally  the four of them were reunited on top of the highest tower. they were met by not one, but eight powerful koopas. Each stood ready to fight, and what a fight it would be!
"You'll never defeat us punks!"
"we will rock you!"
"We hate you, openly and without regret!"
"We've owed you this for a long time!"
"There's no way you two can escape."
"And your friends can't help you!"
"G'bye sweeties!"
"It ends here Marios!" finished bowser, his loyal children behind him.

The four companions stood their ground, even the koopa fought the instinct to run and hide.

The world would be a much cleaner place if people would eat their own trash.
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2003, 03:38:43 PM »
Mario and luigi took the first move and jumped over the seven koopalings, to reach bowser. leaving geno and the koopa to deal with, iggy, lemmy,larry, ludwig, morton, roy, and wendy.

Geno, in his mecha koopa form  clawed at them but only being a fake clockwork kkopa, he was quickly disposed of. his mechakoopa body was thrown away, leaving him a big ball of light. very inadequate for fighting something as powerful as bowsers seven kids.
Geno nonetheless showed his bravery by throwing himself into them one at a time.
The koopa saw that this wasn't going to work. he got an idea.
Just as geno was about to ram iggy while lemmy was coming to attack them, the koopa grabbed geno in the palm of his hand and threw him as hard as he could. this knocked iggy unconscious for precious seconds while he came back to the koopa's hand, again he was thrown, and again he reached his target.

The mario brothers and bowser were fighting feircly, and bowser was stomping and fire-breathing and generally going insane. They kept their head and tried not to freak out. his attacks weren't hard to avoid if you knew what you were doing. even when he began to throw hammers, he was still not hard to dodge. it was actually getting to him that was the problem.

« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2003, 04:04:14 PM »
Wow! the story board is really active all of a sudden!

Mario charged at bowser, shoulder out(something he had seen wario do) and, at the expense of his cape, hit bowser in the gut. bowser clutched his stomache. Mario had knocked the breath out of him. Luigi jumped in front of mario, who had nothing to protect himself with, and tried to fight from the front. then, mario noticed that because bowser was focusing all his attacks on luigi, his back was left open, save for his shell. Mario's eyes instantly fell upon his tail, poking out from under his shell.
Mario darted out from behind his brother and reached bowser's tail. Grabbing it, he spun around in circles, faster and faster.
Luigi guessed what he was doing and shouted,"guys! get outta the way!"
Geno and the koopa did as they were told. the koopa kids, however, had no idea what was going on. They figured it out too late as their father came flying toward them, screaming like alittle girl! It was more humiliating than anything but also quite painful(after all, you'd be in great pain too if a 600-some-odd pound koopa with a spiked shell was tossed on top of you).
Mario, Luigi, Geno, and the Koopa, all laughed at the site of it!
"This is it!" cried bowser, getting up and shaking the dust from himself, "I won't take it anymore,vanillium or no. I quit! That other guy has no idea who he's messing with. what was I thinking..." and other such stuff as he and his children flew away in their clown copter.
"Allright!" cried mario! "But remember," said luigi, being sensible, "The real enemy will be much tougher!"
"we can handle him!" said mario!

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2003, 09:32:09 PM »
Hey, great story so far, Screech. Hopefully you'll continue. ;)
(Hey, have you read my story yet, BTW? So far I only know 2 people are reading it.  :(    )

--------------------
If things don''t go your way, just keep complaining until your dreams come true.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2003, 05:27:11 PM »
Thanks! It's encouraging to know someone's reading it. I haven't read your story yet but I need to.

I'm working on what I need to do next.

« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2003, 05:40:20 PM »
Goodness! I haven't been here in a while. Just replying to put it backtoward the top.

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2003, 07:13:53 PM »
I'm still reading.  So, please keep posting!!!

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2003, 07:21:09 PM »
Yes, I am still reading too. Keep it up! I like this story as well! ... It appears everyone who has posted their fanfics up here recently is a tanlented writer. Keep writing! I love reading these stories!

PS: Have you read mine yet? Yes, it's only 2 chapters in the making.... but hey, thus far I've gotten nothing but good reviews from it.

Congratulations! You have just been blessed by the wisdom of Steve.
~I.S.~

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2003, 08:52:02 PM »
So far I'm reading everyone's stories here. (I'm glad I'm not the only one--nor the first--posting a fanfic. :)  )
Anyway, so far, all of them are very good. Hopefully you guys'll all continue posting more.
(Note to self: You too, Sapphira! Don't you slack off b/c other people are writing now!)

...Did I just talk to myself...? In THIRD PERSON!!??? AHHHHHHHHH!!! *Ahem* ...uhh...continue, please. ;)

--------------------
If things don''t go your way, just keep complaining until your dreams come true.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2003, 07:47:33 PM »
Mario, Luigi, Geno and the koopa all found their way out of Bowser's abandoned castle. They couldn't figure out what to do next. Where to go? The only thing they could do was search the valley of bowser for anything that might give them a lead.
They stopped to rest at the opening of a small cave, the opening of which was shaped like Bowser's head. "It looks kinda like the opening to the valley if you take the route through soda lake." commented the koopa.
"Yeah." said mario. "how 'bout that?"
"Bowser certainly has vanity issues, doesn't he?" said geno.
Luigi looked at the eyes of the sculpure. It sent chills up his back. Bowsers statues and paintings were hideous, almost terrifying. But bowser himself was well... not. Maybe he put them up to feel scary or something.
When they were all rested, they decided to explore the tunnel. It was dark but geno provided light. The tunnel began with a long rocky corridor. It didn't look man-made. as they progressed, the walls flattened out and it almost looked as if it was made for someone to live in. or at least use very often. The walls were covered in beautifuly detailed carvings of the different races that occupied Dinosaur Land. There were Goombas, Koopas, Rhino dinos, Reznors, wigglers, and of course yoshis. It was definitely not bowser's work.
"This really is quite pretty." said geno.
"Yeah! This one looks like someone spent a lot of time on it." said the koopa, pointing at an especially pretty carving of a yoshi.
"Unfortunately for you, they'll be the last beautiful thing your eyes will see." said a voice.

« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2003, 06:01:34 PM »
The four friends turned to face a man. He was about Luigis height, sort of round, and had long redish hair. His eyes were bright green, and his clothes were dingy and brown.
"I am Botaikulonwusakiachimmychimmychunga!"
"Wha-?" said the four confused companions.
"Bob. Just call me Bob."
"I sympathise." said geno.
"well, bob, what makes you think that we won't get outta here?"
"because I am going to personally make sure of it."
"Ha! You alone against four of us?" said mario confidently.
"Three of us." said the koopa, running to hide.
"oh no you don't! Your sticking this one out!" said mario grabbing the koopa's tail.
"actually, I could beat ten of you I'm sure, but this will keep me occupied for a while."
"Your awful confident of yourself."
"He should know." Luigi said to geno, so mario couldn't hear.
"Keep in mind that it's nothing personal. You seem like really nice people. It's a shame I have to destroy you."
"Look, are you going to fight or spout off more witty remarks to establish your character?"
"Just a few more. ahem. You have no doubt noticed these carvings."
"Yes, they're very beautiful." said geno.
"Thank you. I did them myself. Each one represents a race that lives in dinosaur land. I love to create things. I have more carvings further up the hall but unfortunately you will never get to see them. Shall we begin?"
"Finally." said mario
Mario Jumped toward him in an attempt to tackle him. Bob leapt high into the air, causing mario to fly under him and hit the floor.
"I wasn't sure that would work. You Mario brothers are supposed to be famous for jumping."
Mario charged, but then jumped as high as he could and would have nailed him-If he were there.
Bob stood where he was. he hadn't moved.
"you're very silly."
The koopa quickly picked up geno, and threw him at Bob. Bob seemed to feel it coming at spun around to grab geno. He threw him back to the koopa, who, on impact, instantly pulled himself inside his shell. geno lay on the ground, unconscious from the force of the blow. Mario attacked head on, but of course bob was far too fast. and before long mario lay on his back.
Luigi ran to help his fallen brother.
"mario!"
"Luigi! I hurt my back! You take him!"
"What? I don't think so."
"I'll help as soon as I get back on my feet. Besides, You're faster taller, and you can jump higher. you should keep him distracted until the rest of us can help."
"But you're the one who always saves the day. You have adventures, not me!"
"That's cause ya never wanna leave the darn house! Now fight him!"
"oh yeah." said luigi.
He got up and faced bob. He was eye level with him, unlike mario.
Luigi used quick, hit-and-run attacks, instead of the forceful lounges and and tackles mario used. Luigi, being faster than mario, did much better and lasted much longer than his brother, and actually got a few hits on Bob. But it takes more than a few good hits to take someone out and soon Luigi realized he couldn't do it alone. He saw geno stirring and the koopa crawling out of his shell. Bob saw Luigi turn his head to them. Luigi had to keep him from seeing them get up! Luigi used his cape to spin into Bob. Bob put his attention temporarily to Luigi and punched him down. All of a sudden he felt something hit him in the back of the head. soon the three of them were upon him. He fought hard to shake them off but they were like three little kids pounding on him. finally they had him down on the ground.
"This is so embarassing! I had hoped I'd never have to use this!" he said, reaching into his pocket.
"a fire flower!" he said.
He picked them off one by one with it.

I noticed that one of my adverbs looked like a curse word. couldn't have that, now could I?
Gotta go! Ciao!

Edited by - screech on 5/9/2003 3:05:26 PM

« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2003, 04:58:07 PM »
Nuh-uh. Not gonna let this story die.

Bob. jumped back and sprayed a wide stream of fire in all directions, consuming Luigi and the koopa. Geno however, was hurt but coudn't catch fire.
"You can't use a fire flower! That's cheating!" said the koopa.
"You guys were just attacking me three to one a second ago! And besides, there are no rules here.

Crap! I gotta get off.

« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2003, 06:31:23 PM »
Bob concentrated all his fire power on luigi, geno, and the koopa.he was about to fire when a small rock flew into the side of his hand, causing him to drop the fire flower. It was mario, who was now on his feet. He dove for the fire flower, and made it just before bob got ahold of it. Bob was at their mercy.
"Now. said mario. Who are you working for?"
"I haven't the slightest idea. He realays his messages through my superiors."
"Superiors! There's more of you guys?"
"Many more. I am one of the strongest but there is one above me."
"Who."
"They call themselves the "axem rangers"."
Mario stood for a while. He and geno had faced the Axems before. They were tough. and persistant.
"What are we gonna do with him?" asked the koopa.
"I dunno." said mario. "we can't let him follow us."
"We can't kill him."
"yes, you can't kill him." said bob.
"hmmmm."
mario picked up another, larger, rock and whacked him over the head.
"nice." said luigi.
"Let's go!" said mario.

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2003, 09:55:50 PM »
just lettin' you know I'm still here

« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2003, 03:59:43 PM »
The tunnel finally opened up into someplace that was not totally unlike the valley of bowser, but it was much bigger. Mario saw a humongous castle in the distance.
"I'm pooped" said the koopa.
"Me too." said luigi.
"we probably should rest for the night." mario agreed. "I'm just worried about what monsters may be down here."
"Why don't we take turns guarding?" said the koopa."If something attacks us, whoever's guarding can wake the others."
"that's a good idea." said mario.
"I'll take the first watch." said geno, who wasn't really very tired.

They slept well that night. Nothing attacked them. In fact, noone had even heard a sound when they were guarding (except mario's snoring).

When they woke up (it was hard to tell if it was morning because, like the valley of bowser, it was constantly dark no matter what time of day it was), they began to walk toward the castle. geno floated beside mario.
"Mario, I have to tell you something."
"What?"
"Last night, I was called away by the star spirits of star haven."
"What?"
"I have to go. I have something important I have to do. I promise I'll come back to help you guys as soon as possible."
"where are you going?"
"to star haven. I am not alowed to explain any further."
"We can't beat the axem rangers and whoever might be in that castle without you!"
"actually, you have been doing quite well without me. I have been almost useless in most of the fights we've been in."
"well, If you have to go, hurry back!"
Geno left later that day, but promised that if he could be of any help when he finished he would.

Print