Print

Author Topic: Ponies!  (Read 69696 times)

« Reply #135 on: July 24, 2012, 11:57:52 AM »
In his defense, the guy in the video does have autism. He made a follow up to that McDonalds one where he mentioned that he's not always aware of certain social norms due to his autism.

Doesn't make his trail of spaghetti in the first video any less cringe inducing though.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #136 on: July 24, 2012, 07:15:25 PM »
Looks like he took the video down.
Unwillingly, but successfully! Twice!

YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #138 on: August 11, 2012, 07:57:43 AM »
So is this a thread for fans of MLP or a thread for people to rip on MLP?

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #139 on: August 11, 2012, 11:44:05 AM »
New season hasn't aired yet, so for right now it's for people Weegee to rip on it.

(INB4 ">Implying Weegee is not a people")
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #140 on: August 12, 2012, 11:31:42 AM »
We prefer "peoples".

« Reply #141 on: August 12, 2012, 06:32:02 PM »
New season hasn't aired yet, so for right now it's for people Weegee to rip on it.

You really think he's going to let up once it does? 
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #142 on: August 12, 2012, 07:33:56 PM »
To be fair, I don't think that's the implication.

To add to the discussion, I usually watch with my little sister, whilst I don't watch much else besides PL's Nic Cage/Harry Partridge dub... which is still hilarious to me. I do have an appreciation for the show, although not as enthusiastically as "True Bronies," haha.
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #143 on: August 12, 2012, 07:46:56 PM »
I'm definitely not as big a fan as I used to be, probably because I find it really hard to tolerate the fan base.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #144 on: August 12, 2012, 08:23:30 PM »
I keep hearing about this intolerable fanbase yet no matter where I go all I see are perfectly sensible pony fans.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #145 on: August 12, 2012, 08:31:10 PM »
We do have the occasional unbearable nutcase, but so does every other fandom ever.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #146 on: August 13, 2012, 12:59:27 AM »
Now that's not a very nice thing to say about Turtle
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #147 on: August 20, 2012, 12:49:27 AM »
Forget if I posted this one:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_aRKeDfqYo" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_aRKeDfqYo</a>

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #148 on: August 20, 2012, 01:08:46 AM »
[01:41] <Guy> Switch my ponies!
[01:42] <Camera> Nice rack.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #149 on: September 20, 2012, 06:10:38 PM »
Not sure if I'm a brony or not.  Just because I've watched every episode of the show, want my friends to watch it, watched some episode commentaries, like the fan music, am waiting impatiently for season 3, took a picture with a young woman with a MLP backpack, donated to the bronycon documentary to see my name in the credits, and wore a brony bracelet when out of state doesn't necessarily mean... oh who am I kidding?  What's happened to me?! *fake cries* lol

In all seriousness, I'm not sure if I need to label myself something for liking a good show.  I guess I can understand since it's still weird to many people who first hear about it and giving yourself a name kind of makes you feel like you're part of a group.  (And it's too bad every fandom has to have "those people" you don't want to talk about)  But I like trying new things and this was something that I ended up liking after adjusting to the girlyness and added to my list of other interests like Mario. :) I'm also trying to get into Adventure Time but it's just too darn weird for my tastes, sorry.  My favorite cartoons are those that are funny, random, and witty and aren't dumbed down.  What really made me smile was when I learned that the voice actress for Twilight was also the same for Timmy Turner of the Fairly Odd Parents, my second favorite cartoon. (I watched an episode today and laughed through all of it)

Finally, I also have mild autism but don't think that plays a part in my liking it.  I enjoy many kinds of shows, animated or rea life (though I don't really watch much TV), and don't feel like less of a man because I don't like shows with a lot of violence.  Final final note... I hope Vinyl Scratch gets her own episode in season 3!  Not likely but let me dream.
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Print