Print

Author Topic: Things That Made You Poop A Little.  (Read 133775 times)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #360 on: May 25, 2010, 10:19:45 AM »
Hey, even I avoided everything showing the game off save for the first few levels. There's nothing better than witnessing the last level in a Mario game after having tried so hard to make it there.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #361 on: May 25, 2010, 10:47:55 AM »
I agree. I don't know why you'd want to spoil discovering it yourself.
That was a joke.

« Reply #362 on: May 25, 2010, 07:17:25 PM »
TK feels me.

Besides, seeing the final level quelled my expectations. Believe it or not, I was kind of hoping for another challenge-free finale in paradise.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #363 on: May 26, 2010, 02:37:37 PM »
I am fully against spoiling games for yourself. Sure, you can do it, but it strips the game of its value. I know, firsthand, the lameness of a spoiled game surprise. You know that bear chase in Condemned 2? Well so did I. And then I played it.
every

« Reply #364 on: May 27, 2010, 03:35:51 PM »
So I had been away from the 'net for a few days when I get home and boot up the old 360. I see that the Green Day: Rock Band demo had come out so I d/l it and play the two songs. When I quit the demo, it had the usual couple screens explaining the features of the full game. Then, the next screen showed this and I [dukar] my everlovin' PANTS:

« Reply #365 on: May 27, 2010, 03:44:10 PM »
Piano? Nifty.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #366 on: May 27, 2010, 05:08:43 PM »
It will have 5 keys.
That was a joke.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #367 on: May 27, 2010, 05:14:04 PM »
And just when my interest was piqued.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #368 on: May 27, 2010, 05:47:55 PM »
Hopefully Harmonix will handle keyboard better than Konami did.

I haven't looked at anything else about this to know about it, so I hope Chupperson's signature applies here.

Also, harmonies being in the main game (a feature that was announced some time ago) should be nice, though I most likely won't play the game any time soon.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #369 on: May 27, 2010, 06:04:34 PM »
Uhhhh guys? How is piano worth adding? Pretty much every rock band has two guitars, drums and a vocalist; pianos/keyboards/etc. are kind of a fifth wheel. But whatever, maybe they'll be optional. Personally I'd like RB3 to have a sort of interchangeable 5th instrument slot that could be filled with piano, turntables, whatever. God, turntables would own so hard.
every

« Reply #370 on: May 27, 2010, 06:06:26 PM »
There is literally nothing announced besides that picture; CW is being facetious. It will still be fairly simple, of course, but there's no way they'd release a three-white-key, two-black-key peripheral and suffer endless jokes for the rest of gaming history. If I had to bet money, I'd put it on a one-octave keytar.

Warp, what's your beef with Keyboardmania? It's coo in my book.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #371 on: May 27, 2010, 07:18:52 PM »
I have no problem with Keyboardmania itself; I love many of the songs that came out of the series, and I actually bought a MIDI-to-USB cable a while back for the sole purpose of being able to play a Keyboardmania simulator with a proper controller (though due to my keyboard crapping out on me, I haven't gotten to do so). I was referring to the fact that Konami abandoned it after a pathetic number of versions, while Guitar Freaks and DrumMania are still around.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #372 on: May 28, 2010, 12:15:29 AM »
What is Glorb talking about? Tons of bands have super useful keyboards.
That was a joke.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #373 on: May 28, 2010, 04:25:38 PM »
That leaves some songs without any keyboard component at all, is my point. It's not as ubiquitous as the other instruments. But I suppose my main beef is,

How the hell is Harmonix going to fit another instrument on screen without rendering all of them super-tiny?
every

« Reply #374 on: May 28, 2010, 05:01:59 PM »
I would suggest chopping off the right third of the vocals bar and putting keyboard in the top right corner there.

I strongly suspect that with the potential for seven unique players at once, Harmonix will feel a lot more comfortable using songs missing one of the instruments. It's already becoming increasingly common in DLC. RB3 will probably have more on-disc songs to compensate, as well. (More than RB2's 84 songs. Man, I remember when 20 songs seemed like a massive rhythm game.)

Print