Print

Author Topic: Things That Made You Poop A Little.  (Read 133948 times)

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #375 on: May 28, 2010, 09:59:00 PM »
I can already imagine myself playing "Don't Stop Believing"

But what am I talking about? I haven't even got Rock Band 2 yet.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #376 on: May 28, 2010, 10:09:11 PM »
Well, I just got it myself the other week. Now, if my Wii would get fixed...

Anyway, yes, the keyboard (I've heard talk of a keytar, though) isn't omnipresent in rock music, but it does get awkward when there's song where synth and/or piano is played via guitar.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #377 on: June 02, 2010, 07:36:44 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=np_Qs1v69CI#t=2m30s

The whole video after the moment linked to.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #378 on: June 02, 2010, 07:57:43 PM »
When the first Houdini Splicer is bugging you in BioShock and suddenly stands right behind you. That may very well be the only time a game has legitimately scared me.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #379 on: June 06, 2010, 09:08:16 PM »

« Reply #380 on: June 10, 2010, 11:13:35 PM »
I can already see the achievements now:

The Real Deal - 10G
"Gold Star a song with seven band members on Pro difficulty."

« Reply #381 on: June 11, 2010, 12:41:03 AM »
I just ragepooped when I booted up Earthworm Jim HD and was presented with the following difficulty choices:

Easy
Normal
Hard
Original

as in, the way it was on Genesis. *******!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #382 on: June 11, 2010, 05:16:49 PM »
I ragepooped when my whole team was comprised of MAC [bundle of sticks]S in Team Fortress.

I also pooped because Valve actually added tutorials, although only for Soldier at this point (I can imagine the tutorials for Engie and Spy being very, very complicated).
every

« Reply #383 on: June 11, 2010, 05:50:56 PM »
Uh, not that complicated.

« Reply #384 on: June 11, 2010, 10:34:21 PM »
Yeah. It only has to teach you about the weapons and stuff, not how to be good.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #385 on: June 12, 2010, 07:46:19 AM »
The Soldier's tutorial was "this is how to shoot rockets, use your shotgun, and hit stuff with the shovel" and took a good twenty minutes. Most new Mac players seem to forget this immediately, or else have not used it despite the shoving of it in their face as well as mine. The Engie tutorial will have to cover all three buildings, combat, upgrading, effective placement of buildings, oh god. The Spy tutorial will at least have to give you pointers on when to disguise as who, team disguise switching, all that.
every

« Reply #386 on: June 12, 2010, 08:47:54 AM »
That's weird, the soldier tutorial took me like three minutes tops.

I agree that the engineer tutorial will probably be the most involved, but still not ridiculous. Spy tutorial will have to teach you none of that, only how to use each weapon in his arsenal, although it might teach that stuff anyway. Notice the Soldier tutorial said nothing about rocketjumping.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #387 on: June 12, 2010, 10:05:40 AM »
Oh, true. Well, I wish it did. At least they finally released new loading-screen tips.

Also, I love how Valve, through the release of everyone-can-have-them hats, manages to visibly identify noobs, presumably by accident. While the Halo and Gibus cases were arguable, almost everyone who wears the iPod headphones suuuuuuucccckkss gruesomely. Case in point: I saw two Engies build all of their stuff in a big cluster around each other. Teleporter exits and entrances, dispensers, sentries, all bunched up together in a big herd, looking like a bunch of stuff that fell off a military truck. They were prime, juicy pickings for enemy Spies and especially Soldiers and Demomen, but they were all back in their base, playing Engie, doing the exact same thing. I realize they're all new, but god[darn], I don't want to have to play with them. Especially since they seem to think this is Build [dukar] Fortress 2: Build More [dukar].
every

« Reply #388 on: June 12, 2010, 12:36:25 PM »
Everybody has to start somewhere.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #389 on: June 12, 2010, 04:53:00 PM »
I'd imagine pretty much every multiplayer game has its signs for recognizing noobs.  In Uncharted 2, for example, a lot of new players are easily picked out by their tendency to camp - but not the fact that they camp, the fact that they don't know how to do anything else.

Which brings me to the on-topic section of my post: this weekend is Shotgun Weekend in Uncharted 2; there's a temporary playlist with only the Moss-12 and Pistole (both shotguns) as weapons.  Anyway, I pooped a little when, during one game, I took out two people with one Pistole shell.  As such, I scored myself a very unfair Tripled medal (but I don't get Tripled very often, so I'll take it).

EDIT: Also this (spoilers).
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 08:31:25 PM by Turtlekid1 »

Print