Print

Author Topic: Dead Game  (Read 10348 times)

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2004, 09:29:50 PM »
I used to have a pet rat.

It wasn't dusty. I cleaned it, but it kep giving me the "Corrupted yadda yadda..." message.

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2004, 02:57:02 PM »
I was playing my Super Mario 64 today. I went to the room with the entrance to Hazy Maze Cave. I talked to the Toad and then I ran around the metal pool. All of a sudden, the music got really loud and glitchy and Mario bent backwards and sunk halfway into the floor. I could still move around, but when I tried to leave, I got stuck in the door and had to shut the game off. Has this or anything similar ever happened to anyone?

"Griddle cakes, hotcakes, pancakes, and flapjacks; Why is it we have four words for "grilled batter" but only one word for "love"?"- George Carlin
"A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man."- Jebediah Springfield

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2004, 10:24:58 PM »
Nope. I have an interesting glitch form back in the cartridge days...

I believe I wa splaying SMB on my original NES, and it froze on me. I started tapping it, well not tapping but not hitting hard, on it, and eventually the music starte d playing fast as if I were under 100 seconds and then the graphics garbled up, I tried jumping and Mario flew  off the screen in a sorta choppy skip, and I never saw him again... Well, not until I took the game out, cleaned the dust out and put it back in and it was fine.

The thing was, I hadn't played the game for at leats a year because this was way back when I first got SMAS, and had little reason to play my NES.

Yoshi55

• Banned
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2005, 09:15:20 PM »
You should sell SMAS because it is an insult to the originals. By the way, do all SMB3 NES carts work horribly? My SMB3 cart would never work so I bought a new one, yet the new one worked the exact same, it didn't work (at least not good). Do you think that there is a chance that my DK3 NES cart that has been buried for a year will work?
He's back. All you had to do is ask. Super Mario Bros. 3 from Nintendo. Now you're playing with POWER! (SMB3 NES commercial)

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2005, 09:19:56 PM »
Another bump ...... :o
I'm a horrible person.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2005, 09:31:48 PM »
SELL SMAS? What kind of things are corrupting YOU? That's a great game! I mean, they did change the old graphics and take away the minus world, but a lot of old NES games are hard to get working. Sorry about that, it's just that SMAS is the very first video game I ever owned and I've had it for about 7 years. I love my SNES like a brother. And I'm never getting rid of it.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Yoshi55

• Banned
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2005, 09:52:57 PM »
 SMAS only offended me with its new GFX. Nothing beats the original!!! I would rather import a FDS & SMB2j than play SMAS. 
He's back. All you had to do is ask. Super Mario Bros. 3 from Nintendo. Now you're playing with POWER! (SMB3 NES commercial)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2005, 10:09:13 PM »
WTD?  SMAS+SMW is the best game cart ever!

Edit: IMO.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2005, 06:17:50 PM »
A lot of old NES games is what people don't understand how to use, more like. Clean your contacts regularly and all will be well.
That was a joke.

« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2005, 09:28:15 AM »
not that I'm bumpin' but my snes won't work >:( nothin will pop up, no lights either

it was my first console........
if u want to find me on runescape...its linkloz01 or royfe02

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2005, 06:04:07 PM »
Wait! I learned that you can clean cartridges with a Q-tip dunked in rubbing alcohol. Just call a video game store and they might tell you the same thing. Try it before you junk it!
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2005, 12:13:58 AM »
not that I'm bumpin' but my snes won't work >:( nothin will pop up, no lights either

it was my first console........
Don't you worry, it's only a 2-day difference as opposed to a 1-year and 9-month difference.
I'm sorry about your SNES. I have 2 sugestions: make a list of the games you loved most and download them if you get a REV, and don't stop trying to fix it. I'm serious, If my SNES died I'd be doing everything in my power to fix it.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2005, 08:48:13 AM »
Wow, none of my games, NES, SNES, N64, NGC, GB, GBC, or GBA ever got corrupted and stopped working.  A few of the NES ones don't work as well as I'd prefer, but none of my games have ever stopped working altogether, and some of them are older than me!

« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2005, 11:06:24 AM »
My SM64 got all screwy lately. Mario began to do backstrokes on the ground!! Not only that, he looked like he was rolling around like a skateboard, and when he jumps, he does an ollie!! Fortunatly, it isn't doing it anymore.
Most Wishy-Washy

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2005, 11:35:41 PM »
Buy a cleaning kit. Clean your system's contacts, and clean the cartridges' as well. It will run.
That was a joke.

Print