Print

Author Topic: Birdo and Captain Rainbow  (Read 20763 times)

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2008, 12:17:12 AM »
Well, here's hoping for Wart.

If you ask me, Birdo should have stayed in Subcon.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2008, 12:21:43 AM »
This looks amazing.
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2008, 12:42:33 AM »
If you ask me, Birdo should have stayed in Subcon.
Birdo is a result of Mario's nightmares.
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2008, 03:49:54 AM »
Or rather, Birdo gave him nightmares.

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2008, 03:29:18 PM »
It seems that any Mario character will always outdo Toad... In appearances.

Not really, since Toad is often the first major minor character that one meets in the game (outside of the first Goomba, Koopa, ect.. the first friendly character, anyway).
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2008, 09:09:49 AM »
3-D Birdo makes my eyes bleed.

Linkin800

• Choppy words and a sloppy flow
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2008, 01:50:06 PM »
This game looks to crazy to be releashed to North America. But then again they did send Kartimarideimachi (or however you spell that name) into America. You know that game, the one where you roll a giant ball over stuff then turn it into a star at the end of every level.
Time is repeating itself. Why you say? Look at the Wii and NES and you'll know why.

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2008, 09:14:02 PM »
I have watched the video for Captain Rainbow, and have concluded that the game is too weird for America. Also, Birdo is too ugly for anybody to view, so that's another reason not to release the game here (unless they do something too her 3D model to make it less ugly).
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2008, 01:09:12 AM »
You nay-sayers! What the video game industry in North America needs is some experimentation as such. Nothing wrong with a little eccentricity. 
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2008, 01:19:02 AM »
I'd play Captain Rainbow. After all, I enjoyed Katamari Damacy.
No! I don't want that!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2008, 06:13:33 AM »
I'd play it because I need more obscurity. SSB sorely lacked it.

« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2008, 02:02:49 PM »
Waste of mah precious (non-existant) Wii Points.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2008, 02:27:49 PM »
I thought it was a full-fledged Wii game, not just Wii Ware...
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2008, 12:02:46 PM »
Well, since Birdo was originally in Doki Doki Panic, I assume this game will contain several Japanese characters that are obscure to Americans. But since Birdo started showing up in Mario games, it just strikes me as weird and a little dirty to see Birdo show up in a game that appears to have nothing to do with the Mario universe or any universe I know of. This is the only reason I can think of for a Captain Rainbow thread on the Fungi Forums.

But for the record, at times I like Birdo. I liked Birdo in Wario's Woods, although again I can't think of any reason why she (I know Birdo as the character with the female voice in Mario Tennis for 64) would show up there. Well, Birdo was called Catherine in Wario's Woods, which I like more because it sounds like a female name.

So there's three games I can think of that had both Toad and Birdo in them, Wario's Woods, Super Mario RPG, and Mario Tennis for 64.

...uh, back to Captain Rainbow... it almost looks good because of how far out there it appears, but their version of Birdo looks terrible. They should have just stolen a GameCube model of her instead, would have looked better and fit in more.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 12:07:58 PM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2008, 08:33:03 PM »
So there's three games I can think of that had both Toad and Birdo in them, Wario's Woods, Super Mario RPG, and Mario Tennis for 64.

I can think of several..

SMB2, Wario's Woods, Mario RPG, Mario Tennis 64, Superstar Saga, Kirby Superstar (not a Mario game, I know..), Mario Parties 5-8 and DS, Mario Golf 64, Mario Golf: Toastool Tour (Toad was sadly not playable in either of the last two titles, but he was in them..)

Now, how about some that only star Toad?..

Super Mario Kart, Mario Kart 64, Mario Tennis VB (that's on the Virtual Boy folks!), Super Princess Peach (there are several minigames that feature Toad as the playable character), Itadaki Street DS (I'm not actually sure about this one, but I don't recall seeing Birdo at all in any of the previews/videos for the game).

Print