Print

Author Topic: Nintendo announces new Yoshi and Mario games for Wii U  (Read 11456 times)

« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2013, 04:02:29 PM »
I'm not a huge fan of the art-style, or how the game looks right now. It keeps saying Yoshi's Story in Epic Yarn style.. Yarn style is not a bad thing, but more Yoshi's Story might be..

I'll judge more fairly when I see more of the game too.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2013, 05:03:09 PM »
Agreeing with BP; I expect mediocrity.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2013, 05:36:57 PM »
I haven't played much of Epic Yarn yet, but from the little I played, it seemed to do a pretty good job of channeling the spirit of Yoshi's Story (which is a better game than most people give it credit for). There's definitely potential here, and not being a direct sequel could help mitigate some of the Yoshi's Island DS effect (something I'm still worried about for Dark Moon).
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2013, 09:35:41 PM »
Sure YS is better than most people give it credit for. It's not a bad game. The problem is YI is spectacular. How do you do something so flawlessly once and fail to even repeat that success on multiple attempts, let alone surpass it?

So sure, Yarn Yoshi might be a good game too, but... I think it's rational to expect little of it.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print