Print

Author Topic: The most annoying level  (Read 20761 times)

« on: October 09, 2010, 12:54:13 AM »
What is the most annoying level that you have ever encountered in a video game? That is the question of this topic.
Power of People is stronger than People in Power.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010, 05:13:18 AM »
Gradius III (arcade), cube rush. This is objectively the most annoying stage ever, and anything else is included as a formality.

Shikigami no Shiro II, stage three. God[darn]ed walls.

If this was a bigger forum, someone would probably say Meat Circus.

Every level in MapleStory. HEYOOOOOOOO

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2010, 07:17:30 AM »
As a kid I would have probably picked one from SMBj/LL, but I can't recall what level it was now.  Most recently NSMB 9-7 was annoying, but having the monkey having you jump/bounce on stuff was most annoying.  As for non-Mario games, I'll have to think about it and get back to you. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2010, 08:29:26 AM »
I'll agree that NSMBW 9-7 was awful.

I'm not sure what else...  Perhaps the final three or so chapters of Uncharted 2, which contain the hardest gunfights in the game.  Any given gimmick/vehicle level in Crash Bandicoot: Warped (except the N. Gin boss fight, which was awesome).
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2010, 08:33:45 AM »
Yeah, in Uncharted 2, I remember that one part where you're in the entryway to the temple area, picking off guys with a Dragon Sniper in a bunch of different towers, was a major pain. And yes, the Meat Circus did hand my ass to me, although I'm not sure why this would need to be a bigger forum for someone to say that.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2010, 08:45:12 AM »
Because most of the people on this forum have never played Psychonauts.

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2010, 02:12:26 PM »
While not a level per se, Jabu-Jabu's Belly from LoZ:OoT provided me with four hours of hell.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2010, 05:25:13 PM »
The mall meetup in Mirror's Edge was quite annoying. On the escape, getting to the platform at the top without getting cut to shreds was crazy hard. The Sonic Adventure 2 Rouge level with he vaults was also annoying.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2010, 05:29:13 PM »
I was also very bothered by Jabu Jabu, for some reason. I suspect that even as an adult I would curse the eyes of the Water Temple's architect.

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2010, 06:22:37 PM »
In Metal Gear Solid 3, Groznyj Grad on European Extreme is a huge pain in the ass.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2010, 08:06:32 PM »
The mall meetup in Mirror's Edge was quite annoying.
I am still stuck on that part where you go through a rising door, go up onto a catwalk, and take out some guards.

Oh, just remembered: That part on the way to Nova Prospect in Half-Life 2, where you have the Ant Lions and are in shoot-out with those giant ships? Yeah, could someone please help me out there? That part alone is preventing me from ever wanting to play that game again.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2010, 09:24:13 PM »
I was also very bothered by Jabu Jabu, for some reason. I suspect that even as an adult I would curse the eyes of the Water Temple's architect.

Jabu Jabu's Belly and the Water Temple in Ocarina of Time are nothing compared to Jabu Jabu's Belly in Oracle of Ages. That said, Jabu Jabu's Belly and the Water Temple in Ocarina of Time are actually cakewalks.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2010, 03:14:14 PM »
What is it with NSMB9-7?  That level wasn't really all that bad.  That last Star Coin in 9-4, however, was horrendously annoying to get.  As for me, some particular memories are SMB2j/TLL's C-4, SMW's Tubular, SMG2's second crate-burning objective, and the final boss from Henry Hatsworth in the Puzzling Adventure.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2010, 05:04:55 PM »
The Spider Ball Guardian. Dear God, the Spider Ball Guardian.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2010, 05:10:32 PM »
I guess because I played Trilogy edition and had access to such luxuries as the Spring Ball and reasonable damage output levels on its part, Spider Guardian never posed a threat to me.  Boosty was still murder, though.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Print