Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1707197 times)

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #75 on: April 23, 2006, 03:55:01 PM »
I get very annoyed by those people who ride their bikes in the street as though they were a car. Take note annoying street-hogging bikers:  Get on the sidewalk.  X(

Yeah, but legally that's what they're supposed to do.  I hate it when bikers nearly run over me on the sidewalk...

Jman

• Score
« Reply #76 on: April 23, 2006, 07:50:02 PM »
I hated it when a biker ran me down one time.  It was an accident, though.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #77 on: April 23, 2006, 08:06:48 PM »
I hate how hard Siphon Filter: Dark Mirror is. I mean, what's up with that? Ba-dumb-kssh!
But really, why does everyone litter on our lawn? I don't just mean some butthead throws an empty beer bottle out of hit car and it just so happens to land on my lawn. I mean, I regularly find crap IN MY BACK YARD. There's no road anywhere remotely near there! Every day, I have to pick up everything from empty Vault bottles (why empty? Vault tastes great! I want it!) to old issues of the Washington Post to cigarette butts to broken DVD cases. Who even throws away this stuff out of their car? Even worse, what jerk would even walk up to our house and then jump his crap there?
People throw garbage all over my lawn too. True, my lawn is right next to the street, but still.... I've found a half-filled Mountain Dew bottle at least once, and all kinds of other things like napkins and food wrappers. One time I even found a large Priority Mail box that was empty and beat-up, and another time I found a broken cassette tape (I don't know how that got there).

My parents and siblings told me about something that happened to them once on a trip that I wasn't on. It's kind of humorous, but positively ridiculous all the same. They said that while they were driving, someone in another car threw a whole pizza box out the window of their car, and it got stuck under our car and was dragging along. My dad stopped the car and angrily took it out from underneath. Those people must seriously have been litterers of the lowest order. 0_o
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

« Reply #78 on: April 23, 2006, 08:32:56 PM »
I hate people who make immediate nasty judgements after looking at someone. I went to a store once, and this old guy turns and stares and mutters the M.F. word at me for no reason!

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #79 on: April 23, 2006, 10:44:16 PM »
Here's something that really annoys me: people who write game walkthroughs for gamefaqs.com who don't include tables of contents, or even worse, include tables of contents but modify the spacing of section headings in weird artsy ways like this

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

S T A G E     5 -- 7  :    R E T U R N     T O    M A N H A T T A N

making it impossible to use control-f to search for "stage 5-7".

I really like when walkthrough writers label the entries in the tables of contents with codes like "S57RTM" and then put those codes next to their respective sections, making it easy to use control-f to find what you need.

« Reply #80 on: April 23, 2006, 11:04:12 PM »
You can search like that? Ooooh, thanks for the advice. I'll be sure to use it.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #81 on: April 23, 2006, 11:19:14 PM »
Here's something that really annoys me: people who write game walkthroughs for gamefaqs.com who don't include tables of contents, or even worse, include tables of contents but modify the spacing of section headings in weird artsy ways like this

S T A G E     5 -- 7  :    R E T U R N     T O    M A N H A T T A N

making it impossible to use control-f to search for "stage 5-7".

I really like when walkthrough writers label the entries in the tables of contents with codes like "S57RTM" and then put those codes next to their respective sections, making it easy to use control-f to find what you need.

If the writer is consistant you could search for "5 -- 7" or simply a word in the stage like "Manhattan".  Besides, If you're gonna cheat there should be some work involved.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Jman

• Score
« Reply #82 on: April 25, 2006, 04:41:21 PM »
I hate how people in their 60s use the f-bomb and other swear words.  You'd think they'd have grown up enough to at least stop using the f-bomb. 
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #83 on: April 25, 2006, 08:00:36 PM »
I don't see the connection between choosing not to use certain words (not swearing) and being mature.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #84 on: April 25, 2006, 09:33:08 PM »
See, I read somewhere that there are two main kinds of swears: Those having to do with bodily functions and actions, and those which are intended as a insult to people based on genetic characteristics (race, sex, ethnicity, etc.).

The former comes out of my mouth as fluently as any other word in the English language, mainly because they have strayed so far from their original meanings that they aren't offensive in my mind. Seriously, in real life, I drop enough F-bombs to obiterate the entire hemisphere (well, if they were actual bombs). I will almost never use the latter. At all. Those actually DO offend me. Funny, huh?
~I.S.~

« Reply #85 on: April 25, 2006, 09:46:26 PM »
Not really. It makes sense. Meaningless words don't evoke feeling. The ones that do have a specific meaning, do.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #86 on: April 26, 2006, 12:29:01 PM »
I don't see the connection between physical age and being mature.
That was a joke.

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #87 on: April 26, 2006, 02:54:59 PM »
I Hate Barney. You know, the purple dinosaur? He always just scares the living crap out of me.

« Reply #88 on: April 26, 2006, 03:13:12 PM »
I hate Barney because he's plain dumb. And when I was little, he scared me. The thought of a talking purple dinosaur scares me so. Brrr...My little sisters and I made a hateful song about Barney (I'm still not sure if we made it up):

I love you
You love me
Lets get together and kill Barney
With a great big knife
And a gun from me to you
Won't you say you hate Barney, too.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #89 on: April 26, 2006, 03:20:26 PM »
This is my version.

I hate you...
You hate me...
Lets get together and kill barney,
With a great big gun, and a bullet through his head...
Now that Purple freak is dead.

ooo! ooo! There was also a some soundtrack that sounded like this...

Barney: I love you, you love me, were a--
Gun: BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!
Elmo: Take that you big purple----(cut off due to Profanity)

Print