Print

Author Topic: mario kart which is your favorite?  (Read 3203 times)

« on: January 30, 2005, 10:54:11 AM »
which is your favorite mario kart game some people like doudle dash some people like the original I want to know what is your favorite mario kart game mines double dash
because of the diffirent items you can have for different charaters
jamie pallant

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2005, 02:34:21 PM »
Mine is Mario Kart 64 for one reason: the tighter control. I'm not at all a fan for the original Super Mario Kart's control, where I would always slide right out into the dirt whenever trying a power slide. Unfortunately, Mario Kart Super Circuit and Mario Kart Double Dash both seem to have the same control as Super Mario Kart, so I appear to be in the minority. As for courses, I prefer the layouts (much more importantly, the music) of the Super Mario Kart courses (heck, everything about the original except controls I like more than Mario Kart 64), but I can't enjoy them with the controls they have. And no, I'm not going to switch to a heavier character to decrease the difference.

And I was disappointed to see that Mario Kart 64's Rainbow Road changed the visual look (no more multi-colored blocks?) and music from the original. Rainbow Road from Super Mario Kart was my favorite Mario Kart music... but then, racing a Rainbow Road that had rails was nice.

Why I continue to try to save the world, I shall never know.
You didn't say wot wot.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2005, 02:48:46 PM »
MK:DD is way funner(a word?) when playing multiplayer than any of the other MK games IMO, so it wins as my fav.

Time slowed and Reality bent.
But on and on the Eggman went.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2005, 03:44:24 PM »
Gee, I really love MK64's Rainbow Road music. A whole bunch, in fact.

It's a close call between MK64 and MK:DD, but I'll have to go with Double Dash because I've had the most fun playing it. GP was so fun for me. Multi-player seemed to be lacking some element, though... I just can't quite think of it. In addition, I didn't really like the credits remix. MK64's was much better. Still, Double Dash is my favorite overall.

"Chocolate milk is the best thing to ever happen to the dairy industry."
- Ian "Suffix"

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2005, 05:35:44 PM »
Well, hardly any game has rivaled the multiplayer fun of when we do 8+ player Double Dash!! LANs, so Double Dash!! it is!

Honorable Mention goes to 64, because of all the time spent playing it.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2005, 06:00:12 PM »
I love everything about SMK except its control and how when hit by another driver you instantly come to a halt or slow to a crawl as they kept magically hitting you from a few feet ahead. I couldn't stand my back end just veering out instead of my kart actually steering through an easy to medium corner out so I'd drift through everything. Mushrooms were annoying. They didn't boost engine revs, but rather just gave you a push of wind.

Mario Kart 64 is very fun except that the red shells are stupid and just try and go DIRECTLY to the driver ahead if not on screen (as they were in SMK) and the back end veering thing was SLIGHTLY, SLIGHTLY improved. I liked how you could draft behind other drivers; also, when you used a mushroom you'd slow down just a bit after using it as if your engine needed a bit of cooling down and slack before continuing.

MK:DD has been great. The music pwns (star and Sherbet Island), the animation is superb, the red shells aren't stupid, the details are great (like the karts' wheels slanting in because of the all the weight on them) and the veering out thing has been further repaired... not as good as I'd like it, but it doesn't matter much since I drift through virtually everything. You can't draft anymore though, but it doesn't matter because the go-karts are on the negative scale when it comes to how aerodynamic these cars are. I could go on for a bit, but I don't feel like it so MK:DD is my winner, but only by a small margin.

"Yesterday... when I`m smaller... I wanna fight that Mario the day before yesterday."
Formerly quite reasonable.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2005, 08:38:02 PM »
Mario Kart Super Circuit, hands down. Classic SMK, revised. Plus it has awesome music and courses.

Runner up: Mario Kart 64. Great music and almost as cool control and courses.

"Don’t look into car headlights and freeze, because you might get run over or shot."
That was a joke.

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2005, 11:59:16 PM »
Mario Kart Double Dash. The character lineup remained almost unchanged through all of it's predecessors, plus the gameplay is better in this.

Honourable mentions:

Mario Kart 64: this one is the most fun.
Super Circuit: Rainbow Road in this one is cool, only matched by that of DD.

''If Timmy has seven apples and Peter has five apples, why don''t they just shut up and eat?''
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2005, 01:19:27 AM »
Mario Kart 64. It's the only game at which I have ever been simply unbeatable. I may no longer be now after so long of not having played it, but I bet I could still do pretty well despite the thick rustiness that has surely developed.

“Hey, lemme borrow your bike. C’mon, I’ll give you some chips.”
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2005, 01:31:06 PM »
I hear you Watoad. I used to be a master at Mario Kart 64, being able to effortlessly get 1st on every race (Banshee Boardwalk was trouble though). I thought the computer opponents were dumb, almost dumber than the opponents in Battle Mode in Bomberman 64.

A few years later of not playing those games, I'm finding myself getting below 4th, getting consistently beaten by those opponents, and I'm not good at battling those opponents in Bomberman 64 either. If you don't practice, you lose it...

Why I continue to try to save the world, I shall never know.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2005, 11:41:10 PM »
MK:DD. Best control, best selection of karts and players. Didn't like the SMS references, though.
Deezer was here.

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2005, 12:23:29 AM »
My fav. would have to be Super Mario Kart (for the SNES) becaues it was the only Mario Kart game that I haven't finnished yet.
LUIGI OWNS YOU!!!!!!!

Sqrt2

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2005, 03:00:31 AM »
MK:DD if only for the fact that I like to unleash the chomp of doom on the hapless computer-controlled opponents. SM64 comes a close 2nd.

Chemistry is physics without thought.
Mathematics is physics without purpose.
AA fanboy and proud!

Yoshi55

• Banned
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2005, 05:54:04 AM »
Super Mario Kart is my favorite Mario Kart game. Double Dash is my least favorite

He's back. All you had to do is ask. Super Mario Bros. 3 from Nintendo. Now you're playing with POWER! (SMB3 NES commercial)

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2005, 06:46:12 AM »
I've never played the origanal mk but i saw the sprite of koopa and i luv the way one goes up and one goes down when he's turning, could you be him in the origanal game? my fav is mk: dd though i can play for hours.
 Mario is a nutritional part of your every-day meal!!!

Print