Print

Author Topic: Poll: Mature Mario games  (Read 5541 times)

« on: July 31, 2005, 01:17:56 PM »
Who thinks that mature Mario games will be a bad idea? I think that it is a bad idea.

good:0
bad:1

Mario Mario he''s our man, If he can''t triple-jump and ground-pound, no one can!

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2005, 03:32:40 PM »
Mature Mario games, to me, seem like they'd best fit a certain internet sub-culture than the general public. Commercial production of mature Mario games, to me, seems like a bad idea. They just wouldn't sell.

~I.S.~
~I.S.~

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2005, 06:01:32 PM »
Insane Steve says it all too well. Flash artists have created games and videos that are for mature, and much older Mario fans. Outside of this, must be kept in the boundaries of what adults deem acceptable for children. That said, I don't think mature Mario games should be made.

"YOU FOOOOOLS!!! YOU''VE MESSED WITH THE NATURAL ORDAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!" ~ The story telling crow from The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2005, 08:46:52 PM »
Mario games are mature. I mean, you don't see Mario squandering his money or making fun of people or binge drinking.

So yes, I want more mature Mario games.

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2005, 09:36:24 PM »
As much as I would like to see one (and I would), like was mentioned, it wouldn't sell and it would anger people, and could destroy the franchise altogether.

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2005, 09:57:06 PM »
I vote "bad".
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2005, 08:14:38 AM »
As I said before in the T- and M-rated Mario topics, I think that an M-rated one would be okay as long as the content was controlled.

Well, this is where the signature goes...
every

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2005, 06:26:04 PM »
Mario has been and always be fine as an "E" kinda guy. WOuld you even imagine "Super Mario Brothers: RAMBO style"?
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2005, 10:54:26 PM »
I've always thought that "E" meant that "everyone" could play it.
And that "M" was restricted to a group of older players.
I don't see why Nintendo would want anyone NOT to play their games.

"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2005, 11:23:08 AM »
*stuffs a bunch of nos in the ballot box*

It''s like I''ve died and gone to heaven but they found out it wasn''t my time so they sent me back to a brewery~Peter Griffin
OH SNAP, It's White Arrow!

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2005, 11:51:34 AM »
Mario is the kinda guy that, no matter how much you try, you can't see him in a different light. It would seem nearly impossible to make a "Mature" Mario game without losing the charm of the original series. If it ever did come down to this, you can be sure it would probably be a third party developing the game.

That or we'd end up with "Loonatics: Mario version".

On a side note, I wouldn't mind them dealing with stuff like death and complicated situations thats as far as they should go I think.

Kelso: Guys this is a game of Cat & Mouse between me & Hyde. I''m gonna make him admit he''s been going out with Jackie behind my back.
Fez: Guys, what happens in Cat & Mouse if the cat is retarded?
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2005, 02:08:54 PM »
I think Mario should stay the way he is.  So no, no "mature" Mario games.

“A wagon full of pamcakes?  In the Champeen ship?!  I’d like to see ya try!” ~ Homestar Runner        
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2005, 03:25:54 PM »
I second Lizard Dudes post, and would like to add that people who pick video games solely based on there "Mature" rating are not mature.  The same think could of been said about my past refusal to play Mature rated games, but I gave in and play Resident Evil 4.  It was a great game, and although a dark 1st/3rd person Mario and Peach game would be cool, it should be rated E or Teen at the most.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2005, 06:01:10 PM »
Mario should stay the way he is, as I'm sure none of us would want him to go the way of GTA.

11/24 stones

Edited by - nintendofreak  on 8/2/2005 5:15:37 PM
Deezer was here.

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2005, 01:39:59 PM »
I agree, Mario is cool the way he is.  The farthest he's ever gone would be on Super Smash Bros.: Melee, because it was T for Teen.  But that's a good boundary for Mario.  

Print