Poll

Which of the following do you believe has, does, or will exist, or is true?

Good luck
4 (0.6%)
Aliens
22 (3.2%)
Angels
29 (4.2%)
Bigfoot
6 (0.9%)
Demons
23 (3.3%)
Elves
5 (0.7%)
Ghosts
19 (2.7%)
Heaven
40 (5.8%)
Hell
38 (5.5%)
Living dinosaurs today
6 (0.9%)
Leprechauns
6 (0.9%)
Loch Ness Monster
13 (1.9%)
The Trinity
6 (0.9%)
Mermaids
4 (0.6%)
Moth Man
2 (0.3%)
Other dimensions (as in worlds)
15 (2.2%)
The possibility of teleportation
10 (1.4%)
UFOs
19 (2.7%)
Yetis
4 (0.6%)
Santa Claus
8 (1.2%)
Chewbacca
5 (0.7%)
Vampires
3 (0.4%)
Satan
26 (3.8%)
Fairies
5 (0.7%)
Miracles
18 (2.6%)
ESP
9 (1.3%)
None of these things
1 (0.1%)
Prophetic dreams/visions
22 (3.2%)
Telepathic connections
10 (1.4%)
Witches/Witchcraft
10 (1.4%)
Hobbits
1 (0.1%)
Multiple gods
4 (0.6%)
Atlantis
6 (0.9%)
Nirvana
3 (0.4%)
Speaking in tongues
8 (1.2%)
Greek legends
2 (0.3%)
Luigi in SM64 (don't even!)
8 (1.2%)
Magic
9 (1.3%)
Sesame Street
6 (0.9%)
Spontaneous combustion
9 (1.3%)
Fate
11 (1.6%)
Unicorns
2 (0.3%)
Griffins
2 (0.3%)
Fawns
2 (0.3%)
Dragons
7 (1%)
Tanukis
5 (0.7%)
Phoenixes
3 (0.4%)
Pegasus
2 (0.3%)
Jesus as God's son
24 (3.5%)
The Rapture
12 (1.7%)
Love at first site
11 (1.6%)
Soul mates
13 (1.9%)
Superstition as real
4 (0.6%)
Limbo
7 (1%)
Reincarnation
6 (0.9%)
Fountain of Youth
6 (0.9%)
Time travel
12 (1.7%)
Werewolves
2 (0.3%)
Centaurs
1 (0.1%)
Zombies
3 (0.4%)
The Apocalypse
14 (2%)
The existence of the missing link(s)
7 (1%)
The possibility of world peace
8 (1.2%)
Girls on the internet!
21 (3%)
Bob
9 (1.3%)
Bob's mom
5 (0.7%)
Gaia
2 (0.3%)
Future mass extinction
7 (1%)
Human cloning without side affects
6 (0.9%)
Purgatory
3 (0.4%)
Alternate realities
5 (0.7%)
Voodoo
2 (0.3%)
Evil curses
3 (0.4%)
Absolutes
4 (0.6%)
Relativity of knowledge
3 (0.4%)
The Secret Page
6 (0.9%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Print

Author Topic: I Don't Believe It!  (Read 91840 times)

« Reply #255 on: May 20, 2006, 10:30:10 PM »
It looks like once again, YR is completely ignored. >_>  Oh well, I understand how hard it is to read long posts.  I talk about dinosaurs in the Bible in my last post.

Haha, I know, your posts are so long.  You have to be in an educational spirit to truly take in all the meaning.
But, yeah, I basically believe that there's a lot of things that aren't truly meant for us to believe.  In fact, the fact that we don't understand is just proof of God's power, if you think about it.  So complex, and so "law" defying, that our minds can't even bear it!!!  XD
Such as saying that God was never created, he was always there.  You just can't solve for 'x'! 
You just need to be strong in your faith, and when the time comes, it will all come clearly.
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #256 on: May 21, 2006, 06:24:29 AM »
When I die, and when I go to heaven, (if I go to heaven,) I will tell God to write "L is real 2041" somewhere in a cornfield.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #257 on: May 21, 2006, 09:19:42 AM »
ProTip: If you want the world to make sense, don't take the Bible literally.
Corollary: If you want the Bible to make sense, don't take the world literally.

Well, different dating methods (i.e. carbon dating) have been found to not be all that accurate or reliable. For example (again, I don't have a source; sorry >_<), this group of scientists or archaeologists or both KNEW this building was 100 years old. They KNEW it; it was a complete fact. Using carbon dating (or some other "reliable" common method), the results said that the building was something like around 1000 to 50,000 years old (or some ridiculous amount like that; I don't remember the numbers, other than the difference was ENORMOUS between the carbon date and the actual date). There was absolutely no question about age of the building, yet look how extremely off and inaccurate the results were.
Could it be that the stones used to make the building were older than the building itself?
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #258 on: May 21, 2006, 01:29:24 PM »
Good point!  It's easy to miss that part.

MSM: XD Yeah, but you can't really tell God to do anything you can only ask.  Also, I believe that if someone doesn't know for sure if they're going to heaven, they should make sure and ask themselves some questions about their faith.  I'm not criticizing you, I'm just saying what I believe.
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #259 on: May 21, 2006, 02:17:10 PM »
Hmm, yes, what were they dating on this building?

« Reply #260 on: May 21, 2006, 02:21:05 PM »
Can you believe that some idiot 6 idiots! said that they believe that Luigi is in SM64!

Not only that but who the crap believes in all of those mythical creatures for. THEY DON'T EXIST, THEY'RE MYTHS!

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #261 on: May 21, 2006, 03:08:30 PM »
Someone could say that about any of those things on that list. Just because you don't believe something doesn't mean it's not true--nor does it mean it is true, either. Believing any of those things requires some amount of faith, because none of them can absolutely be 100% proven. Well, except for maybe Luigi in SM64 and girls on the internet. XD
« Last Edit: May 21, 2006, 03:12:21 PM by Sapphira »
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #262 on: May 21, 2006, 03:11:33 PM »
Girls on the internet too?  "Gotta have faith!  Faith!  Faith!"

TBT: That long post I had wasn't really that educational or tough to understand.  Anyone who can read can pretty much understand it. ;)  Dinosaurs could be in the Bible, but there's different names for them.  That's the basic thing I said in case anyone wanted to get the short, easy version.  However, I agree that educational posts can be hard to swallow.  And also that there's some things we'll never understand on this Earth.

Edit: Wah ha ha!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2006, 03:18:14 PM by Yoshisaurus Rex »
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #263 on: May 21, 2006, 03:12:48 PM »
Oh snap, you beat me and posted while I was editting. XD
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #264 on: May 21, 2006, 05:10:54 PM »
It looks like once again, YR is completely ignored

Not completely, I read that part of your post. I just thought it was incorrect so I didn't factor it in to my post,.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #265 on: May 21, 2006, 09:37:45 PM »
The L is real 2041.

« Reply #266 on: May 22, 2006, 07:56:15 AM »
In 1650, Archbishop James Ussher of the Church of Ireland made a careful study of the Bible and other historical sources and concluded, in a hefty tome called Annals of the Old Testament, that the Earth had been created at midday on October 23, 4004 B.C.

Cool.  But I have a question about that.  How do people figure out how old the Earth is from the ages of people in the Bible?  I know that the Bible tells how old people are before they die, but it doesn't mention how old they are when they have kids (at least I don't think).  So how does that work?

TEM: Oh, I see (sorry if I got a little impatient ^_^:).  Why do you think it was incorrect?  If the Bible is true and dinosaurs lived in history, there should be no trouble to believe that humans lived with them (and probably hunted them too).

The L is real 2041.
It's the Luigi Code! @_@

Edit: Remember that question about if the days of Creation were literal days?  I just learned something incredible from that Bible and dinosaur website I mentioned.  It mentions that God made dry land and plants on the third day, but He didn't make the sun until the fouth day (but light was made on the first day).  So if these days weren't literal days, how could the plants survive so long without sunlight?  If it was hundreds or millions of years, it would require God to keep them alive with something else.  Not that that couldn't be possible, but it does make you think.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 05:16:27 PM by Yoshisaurus Rex »

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #267 on: May 22, 2006, 01:40:03 PM »
If the Bible is true and dinosaurs lived in history, there should be no trouble to believe that humans lived with them (and probably hunted them too).

Guess The Fintstones is more accurate than I thought. XD

« Reply #268 on: May 22, 2006, 02:22:32 PM »
Cool.  But I have a question about that.  How do people figure out how old the Earth is from the ages of people in the Bible?  I know that the Bible tells how old people are before they die, but it doesn't mention how old they are when they have kids (at least I don't think).  So how does that work?

I don't know any of the details. I just so happened to come across that in a book I was reading, A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson, and posted it to this relevent thread.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #269 on: May 22, 2006, 08:23:44 PM »
I really have a very hard time believing that you would take the supposed order of creation literally. The sun existed long before the Earth did.
Remember when the church said that everything revolved around the Earth? How correct was that?
That was a joke.

Print